ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes! I'm in! Stones NYC Press Conference!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 5th, 2005 05:37 PM
Cafe Hostess Jill Oh he is "rich" alright

Ya'll get "Cops" over there?

He is Forrest Gump without the brains

Run, run as fast as you can
May 5th, 2005 10:36 PM
IanBillen
gimmekeef wrote:
"Yahoo.com reports the its at a school in NYC called the Juilliard????..see yahoo.com front page":

The Julliard School of Music is the most prestegeous school for music one can go to and has been for a long, long, time. It is the head cheese when it comes to going to a music school and it has always been recognized as such. Most folks just refer to it as "Julliard". Very well respected and recognized it is. Still it is a little off key for them in my eyes. I would of never expected this for a press conference location. They always throw you a little curve ball. I am not dissapointed at all by the location. Why would I be? It is the press conference. What I am intersted in is:
1. the album
2. the tour

How they arrive at the press conferences never really meant a whole lot to me. As far as the location as long as it is not out in BFE and they give you a look into what is to come I am satisfied. Oh yes, I suppose they gotta keep it in NYC.

Ian

Ian
May 5th, 2005 10:59 PM
glencar When I think of the "Julliard"(sic), yes, "head cheese" is the first term that springs to mind! Doncha ever change, IanBillen.
May 6th, 2005 12:39 AM
Brainbell Jangler Outstanding, Riffhard! And for once I agree with Maxlugar; success is mostly not about luck. But one thing perplexes me: If you're a Republican, as Lugie says, what's with the "petty morals" quote from Keith? Aren't the Republicans the party of petty morals, i.e. the Religious Right?
May 6th, 2005 12:57 AM
glencar Neither party has a lock on petty morals. The Dems are known for their political correctness run amok.
May 6th, 2005 01:40 AM
corgi37 Daethgod - You still working for the radio people?

If they come here, i think they might do Telstra - which will really suck. I'd way prefer the MCG.

I just think a stadium tour would get better returns. They struggled to get 3 shows here last time, and this time, i would say 2 tops. They got no new fans, and the oldies probably cant afford/cant be bothered paying $400+.

I am partial to a stadium show anyway. I want my wife to experience the grandeur.

And, if they do come out, i'll meet you at the Depot Hotel for a pot!
May 6th, 2005 07:11 AM
IanBillen Well, we will at the very least get a name of the album and tour.

My Guess is the album is finished as far as their part goes.
I doubt they would hold the press conference with work still need being done on their part in the studio. It really wouldn't make much sense for them to break like this just before they wrap it up. So I think it is recorded and mixed. I think all they really need at most right now is the mastering and finished art work. We will probably see the motif and theme from the back drop or posted somewhere around the press conference area. My balls are starting to quiver again.

Ian
May 6th, 2005 09:22 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Well, we will at the very least get a name of the album and tour.

I doubt they would hold the press conference with work still need being done on their part in the studio. It really wouldn't make much sense for them to break like this just before they wrap it up. So I think it is recorded and mixed. I think all they really need at most right now is the mastering and finished art work. We will probably see the motif and theme from the back drop or posted somewhere around the press conference area. My balls are starting to quiver again.

Ian

It wouldn't surprise if those details are still in flux, like last time.
May 6th, 2005 01:03 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Brainbell Jangler wrote:
If you're a Republican, as Lugie says, what's with the "petty morals" quote from Keith? Aren't the Republicans the party of petty morals, i.e. the Religious Right?

One word: Big Tent.

From Shannon Dougherty to Ronald Reagan...
From Riffhard to Ann Coulter...
From David Duke to....Er...Uh oh...

Anyway...

We're everywhere!

And we're comin' AT YA!

Booo!!!

May 6th, 2005 01:09 PM
FPM C10 Don't forget Pat Robertson!

Man, that's quite the coalition you'uns got going there. Seems to cover the entire gamut from stupid to evil and back again!

But TODAY (or next Tuesday anyway) we all belong to the same party!
May 6th, 2005 01:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Well, we will at the very least get a name of the album and tour.

Ian

Not necessarily. Its a necessity, logistically and financially, that the tickets have to go on sale a considerable period before the tour is ready to start. Especially these days with the tickets being so expensive - they take longer to sell

They would probably have a good idea of whats going to be on the album and many of the songs could well have been recorded, but its not like they are going to wait until after its finished to announce a tour.

They could still also, even at this stage, change the title. BTB was still going to be called "Blessed Poison" up as far as about July '97, just a couple of weeks before the tour was confirmed
May 6th, 2005 01:30 PM
glencar There's nothing like a little crazed rhetoric from Flea to bring a thread down...
May 6th, 2005 02:17 PM
FPM C10 Feh.
May 6th, 2005 02:21 PM
glencar Feh on your stupid lil gas chambers comment. Even the craziest from my side didn't start that stuff up when Bubba was in office. You're an off-the-deep-ender and watching James Carvile all day isn't helping. I almost wish Kerry had won just so we could have the normal you back. The asshole who took your place isn't much fun & certainly can't be taken seriously. Gas chambers, indeed!
[Edited by glencar]
May 6th, 2005 02:40 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

My balls are starting to quiver again.

Ian

IAN -PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THESE TYPE COMMENTS..GLENCAR GETS EXCITED!IT WOULD BE TYPICAL TO HAVE A PC AND NO ALBUM TITLE..
May 6th, 2005 02:42 PM
glencar Oh, like I'm the only one!
May 6th, 2005 02:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Feh on your stupid lil gas chambers comment. Even the craziest from my side didn't start that stuff up when Bubba was in office. You're an off-the-deep-ender and watching James Carvile all day isn't helping. I almost wish Kerry had won just so we could have the normal you back. The asshole who took your place isn't much fun & certainly can't be taken seriously. Gas chambers, indeed!

You're getting all indignant about my jokes about PAT ROBERTSON???

It was a JOKE, glencar. About a whackjob from YOUR side, admittedly, but still a joke. And I didn't draw the word balloons and devil horns. It was a joke delivered in the same spirit as Max's post, which, unlike any of yours, showed some underlying humor. So David Duke is ok to joke about because he's an embarrassment from the past, but Pat's not funny because he's an embarrassment NOW?

Which one of us is off the deep end?

I don't even know what you're saying here, even after you edited it. The whackjobs on the right didn' start WHAT stuff when Bubba was in office? Jokes? What was that whole impeachment thing?

I don't watch TV, by the way, or I WOULD be off the deep end.

And sorry to tell you, but this is the way I've always been. I was a smartass who badmouthed Nixon, I was a smartass who badmouthed Reagan, Bush I was too boring to badmouth, but since his son is the friggin' Antichrist I HAVE to badmouth him!

Hey, what say we bury the hatchet and go see the Stones at the Olympia?

May 6th, 2005 02:55 PM
glencar My edit was because I had two a's in "and" I hate that. I usually see the humor in your posts even if the underlying subtext is crazed liberalism. I assume you do the same with my with the difference of crazed conservatism on my side. I was referring to the gas chambers comment. There were a few crazies on my side who carried around Clinton "murder lists" & I tuned them out. When you allege gas chambers, I get all nervous. I was at DU earlier & tehre's plenty of stuff there about GOP + Nazi.

I hold no great love for Pat Robertson & haven't since he & Falwell ganged up on McCain. But he's not quite the Nazi you'd like him to be.

As afr as the Olympia, maybe. It is in Paree so I'll have to figure out how to get in declared international territory so I can helicopter onto the roof, watch the show & leave w/o having stepped on French soil.
May 6th, 2005 10:09 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
My balls are starting to quiver again.

way way too much information there...
May 6th, 2005 10:13 PM
Soldatti An album title so soon?
I don't know if half of it was recorded so far with the whole band.
May 6th, 2005 10:23 PM
Bitch Way to go Riff!!
How can I get a ticket or pass for the Press Conference/Iour Announcement? I'm planning on going to NYC on Tuesday to see what's going on at Lincoln Center, try to get in, either pay or sneak in if there's not too much security. Any advice or enlightenment available?
May 7th, 2005 07:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
An album title so soon?

Chuck Leavell was quoted only a couple of weeks ago as saying the album should be finished in about 60 days - ie, late June
May 7th, 2005 07:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
An album title so soon?

Chuck Leavell was quoted only a couple of weeks ago as saying the album should be finished in about 60 days - ie, late June
May 7th, 2005 09:11 AM
FOURCHETTE
quote:
glencar wrote

As afr as the Olympia, maybe. It is in Paree so I'll have to figure out how to get in declared international territory so I can helicopter onto the roof, watch the show & leave w/o having stepped on French soil.

So you don't want to step on French soil. How come Mr Glencar ? Are you frightened by plague ? Rats ?
May 7th, 2005 09:59 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:

So you don't want to step on French soil. How come Mr Glencar ? Are you frightened by plague ? Rats ?

I WAS THERE AND I WAS FRIGHTENED BY PARISIANS AND THEIR PIGEONS.
May 7th, 2005 01:38 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I WAS THERE AND I WAS FRIGHTENED BY PARISIANS AND THEIR PIGEONS.

LOL! parisians are so strange...
May 7th, 2005 02:20 PM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:
An album title so soon?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soldatti, and Gazza,

You and Gazza seem like well read men. So please please come out to reality instead of being so dead set and bull headed. I realize I am stubborn but I can also see it from the other side my good man. Soldatti do you honestly believe that you are not sure the album is recorded even 50% yet?

A press conference explaining an album and world tour and no new album title to even go on...

Gazza still thinks it is not really that close to being finished. I can't understand that. A few minor touches and this baby got to be ready. Don Was is starting his own tour in just three short weeks. Also he will need a few weeks to sharpen his chops I'm sure.

Just because we hear about the Stones at times doesn't mean we know what they are doing on a weekly/monthly basis inside out and with whom. Remember, This album started last August.

It is May and a world tour and press conference are already in place. The press conference is in three days. The album is for the most part all done.

Mick will tell us how it is for the most part all under wraps at this point. He may let on it isn't 110 % quite finished due to it isn't slated to hit stores for a few more months but come on. This isn't being optomistic, it is being realistic.

Ian
May 7th, 2005 03:01 PM
Gazza >Gazza still thinks it is not really that close to being finished. I can't understand that. A few minor touches and this baby got to be ready. Don Was is starting his own tour in just three short weeks. Also he will need a few weeks to sharpen his chops I'm sure.

Ian. Check the archives from about 2 weeks ago. When Leavell was quoted as saying the album would be ready in 2 months, you acknowledged the album wasnt anywhere near as ready as you originally thought. Make your own mind up.

You cant understand my logic? I'm going solely by a first hand account of someone who plays in the band and who would be heavily involved in the recording sessions. How much more of an authority do you need?

If the songs are finished or close to it, they dont really need Don Was. Plus theres nothing to say he has to produce every track, every session.
May 7th, 2005 03:21 PM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
>Gazza still thinks it is not really that close to being finished. I can't understand that. A few minor touches and this baby got to be ready. Don Was is starting his own tour in just three short weeks. Also he will need a few weeks to sharpen his chops I'm sure.

Ian. Check the archives from about 2 weeks ago. When Leavell was quoted as saying the album would be ready in 2 months, you acknowledged the album wasnt anywhere near as ready as you originally thought. Make your own mind up.

You cant understand my logic? I'm going solely by a first hand account of someone who plays in the band and who would be heavily involved in the recording sessions. How much more of an authority do you need?

If the songs are finished or close to it, they dont really need Don Was. Plus theres nothing to say he has to produce every track, every session.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings Gazza,
All good comments by you.
Chuck was interviewed a few weeks back as you said. that was before a press conference had been announced this soon.
Now that it has it leads me IMHO to believe that infact the album is for the most part all finished.

Chuck said the album will be done in 60 days yes. but I think he may of purposely been overshooting it given the
circumstances of the band and their press, and public following.

Don Was very much would be involved in the mixing if he is to produce the some of the tracks. I think by this time next month the album will be complete with cover-art and mastering finished and all ready to go.

They will probably wait maybe a few months to release it due to the fact that they want it to some-what coincide with the beginning of the tour. Most bands finish an album and it still takes atleast two months to release it after it is all ready to go.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
May 7th, 2005 07:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Soldatti do you honestly believe that you are not sure the album is recorded even 50% yet?

Ian, I think that the album is 50% done. They can do the other 50% in a month without problems.

quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Just because we hear about the Stones at times doesn't mean we know what they are doing on a weekly/monthly basis inside out and with whom.

Ok, but we all know that Ronnie was in London in April and Keith was in New York some time too.

quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Remember, This album started last August.

I think that started on May 13, 2002 in Paris.

quote:
IanBillen wrote:
It is May and a world tour and press conference are already in place. The press conference is in three days. The album is for the most part all done.

And what will happen if next Tuesday Mick say "the new album will be great, we are recording yet and will be ready soon"

quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Mick will tell us how it is for the most part all under wraps at this point. He may let on it isn't 110 % quite finished due to it isn't slated to hit stores for a few more months but come on. This isn't being optomistic, it is being realistic.

They didn't say nothing during the BTB PC and the album was ready and mixed, only Ronnie say something like "the new album sounds like FUNKADANCE" and nothing else.
They played a couple of songs though.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour