ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes! I'm in! Stones NYC Press Conference!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 5th, 2005 07:51 AM
KeithRichards Very cool & congratulations to you!
I just was at the website of Bryant Park and it says there that park is closed on Tuesday evening - so it seems like there will be something going on there, guess it's The Stones!
May 5th, 2005 07:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:

how do you do that?

see this 'selection' on the main page of the message board??

Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Archives | Control Panel

just click on "Archives" and it'll take you to a list of threads arhived over the last 4 years or so, by the date they were archived.
May 5th, 2005 07:59 AM
Gazza well done, Riffhard

whereabouts in Manhattan is Bryant Park?
May 5th, 2005 09:47 AM
Martha Riffhard you now are the coolest of the cool. Officially and forever more.

Where will this be broadcast? The last time I didn't have cable, so we went to a friends to do some work for him washing windows in order to be at a house with cable and then it never came on the friggin' news because a large ship had crashed into a dock somewhere....anyone remember this any better than I can? I was havin a pissy fit tryin' to find the blimp!

Riffy you are the luckiest man I know right now. Ride the wave darlin' as long as you can!

Stones IS Stones!!!!

xxoo,
Martha
May 5th, 2005 10:22 AM
justinkurian Bryant Park is two seconds from Times Square...it's a block East. It's attached to the NY Public Libarary.
May 5th, 2005 10:27 AM
Gazza thanks Justin

May 5th, 2005 11:15 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I swear the god, if I could be there with ya Riffy...you know I would.

And I agree with Lugar...Riffy wasn't lucky. This is a payoff for years of sucking corporate cock. I swear the god, if I knew that years of corporate cock sucking would get these types of result....I still wouldn't do it. I swear the god, even if my skin turned to chicken, I just couldn't suck corporate cock.

But that's why we have Riffy out on the front lines! He's willing to suck corporate cock so we don't have to! I swear the god, my skin turned to chicken when he does that!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 5th, 2005 11:21 AM
gotdablouse Damnit, I was strolling through Bryant Park less than 10 days ago, little did I know. By the way there is a Free Google WiFi Hospot over there (SSID=bryantpark.org), so maybe you can rebroadcast live from over there !

Bottom line is that my timing sucks, but darn, a new single, can't get much bettre than that eh !
May 5th, 2005 11:27 AM
glencar
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Damnit, I was strolling through Bryant Park less than 10 days ago, little did I know. By the way there is a Free Google WiFi Hospot over there (SSID=bryantpark.org), so maybe you can rebroadcast live from over there !

Bottom line is that my timing sucks, but darn, a new single, can't get much bettre than that eh !

can't you make it back in 5 days?
May 5th, 2005 11:41 AM
Stonesdoug the press conference isn't at Bryant Park but at the Julliard School of Music.
Just got this

THE ROLLING STONES

WHO: THE ROLLING STONES

WHAT: Press Conference

WHEN: Tuesday, May 10
12:15pm check-in - TV crews
12:30pm check-in - Photographers, Print, Radio, Online

WHERE: Julliard Music School Plaza
65th Street and Broadway

Press check-in tent in front of Vivian Beaumont Theatre

Electronic Media: In addition to your own cameras, crews must bring portable recording deck, power cables with extension cords, 2 XLR cables, 1 BNC cable (all cables should be 25 to 50 feet in length)

Photographers: Photographers should bring 80-100mm and 300mm lenses

Radio: Producers to bring a portable recording deck, power cables with
extension cords and XLR adapter for molt output (all cables

should be 25 to 50 feet in length)

ALL PRESS MUST BE CREDENTIALED FOR ADMITTANCE

May 5th, 2005 11:49 AM
glencar That sucks. I bet it's not even worth going there now.
May 5th, 2005 11:50 AM
Gazza what a strange location!

http://www.juilliard.edu/asp/calendar/dayevent.php?dtmEvDate=5/10/2005

I wonder if all the tickets for this event at 12.30 have been sold?
May 5th, 2005 11:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
what a strange location!

http://www.juilliard.edu/asp/calendar/dayevent.php?dtmEvDate=5/10/2005

I wonder if all the tickets for this event at 12.30 have been sold?

That is IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am giving the Stones the " SKIP " this year .....( not really man )

Jazzy ! ™
May 5th, 2005 11:56 AM
glencar I will definitely give Giants Stadium a "skip" & that ain't no joke, Lucy!
May 5th, 2005 12:52 PM
Jeep Yes, it's in the Lincoln Center...

May 5th, 2005 01:12 PM
West 8 Is it possible that the Stones will have a press conference at this school,and later that night have a concert at Bryant park????? Maybe even announce it at the press conference so there's a few hours to let it buzz around the city.
May 5th, 2005 01:14 PM
glencar Probably not. They usually don't spend too much time after the PC hanging out.
May 5th, 2005 01:22 PM
FPM C10
quote:
West 8 wrote:
Is it possible that the Stones will have a press conference at this school,and later that night have a concert at Bryant park????? Maybe even announce it at the press conference so there's a few hours to let it buzz around the city.

Or maybe have all of the press assembled in this stuffy hoity-toity place and then roll down Broadway on a flatbed truck rawkin' like there's no tomorrow?

Oh...been there, done that.

Well, do it AGAIN!
May 5th, 2005 01:37 PM
Dutch Michael D. this is on the site of the new location:

Tuesday May 10, 2005
12:30 PM
JUILLIARD ARTISTS AT 180 MAIDEN LANE
180 Maiden Lane
May 5th, 2005 01:40 PM
West 8 If this is their last world tour,then this will be their last press conference. I can't see them not doing something over the top. You would think they would want to do something that would top all the others.
May 5th, 2005 01:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
this is on the site of the new location:

Tuesday May 10, 2005
12:30 PM
JUILLIARD ARTISTS AT 180 MAIDEN LANE
180 Maiden Lane

I wonder if this was Charlie's idea ?!?!

If so ...........cool by me .

J.
May 5th, 2005 01:51 PM
glencar Dutch Michael, you should try to read for clarity! That is some Juilliard musical group that's performing down at Maiden Lane. It has nothing to do with the Stones.
May 5th, 2005 01:58 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dutch Michael, you should try to read for clarity! That is some Juilliard musical group that's performing down at Maiden Lane. It has nothing to do with the Stones.

.........all these rumours have upset my digestion .

Thanks ! .............. EVERYONE !!!!!

*********** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION **************

Poopsy ! ™
May 5th, 2005 02:04 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

Poopsy ! ™

PLOP!!!!
May 5th, 2005 02:11 PM
Joey
quote:
moy wrote:
riffy luck bastard congratulations please keep us informed and take a tape recorder to the press conference for the show, it will be the first boot of the tour

Yes , please wear a " Loud " shirt again so Jagger can spot you out of the crowd IMMEDIATELY !!!!

H.R. Puffin Joe ! ™
May 5th, 2005 02:15 PM
Dutch Michael D.
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dutch Michael, you should try to read for clarity! That is some Juilliard musical group that's performing down at Maiden Lane. It has nothing to do with the Stones.

ok, i didn't know that, we are all excited you know... let's all just wait till it's Tuesday

Ciao!
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
May 5th, 2005 02:17 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

Poopsy ! ™

Joey.....

do you know what a onomatopeia is?!?!

PLOP!!! <======= The sound tells by itself......

Any word from Joshy....who went to live in a kibbutz??!?!?

Swabby!
May 5th, 2005 02:20 PM
glencar Joshy is busy riling up the nags at shidobe. Very few "get" his sense of humor.
May 5th, 2005 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy is busy riling up the nags at shidobe. Very few "get" his sense of humor.

I miss my Baby Josh Magnolia ................and you 's ?!?!

Some Day .... I just KNOW he will return !!!!!!

H.R. Puffin Joe ! ™
May 5th, 2005 02:22 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Joey.....

do you know what a onomatopeia is?!?!

PLOP!!! <======= The sound tells by itself......

Any word from Joshy....who went to live in a kibbutz??!?!?

Swabby!

Btw.... I'm seriously worried with our Chicago branch.....the other (read IMPORTANT) part of the well known "The Trinity".
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour