ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes! I'm in! Stones NYC Press Conference!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 4th, 2005 05:04 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jay Jay, why so sensitive?

Could kind-hearted Blue answer my last simple question?
May 4th, 2005 05:05 PM
kath ladyjane said it perfectly....could there be any question?

gawd!!! they can kick butts anytime, anywhere!! a concert/tour announcement. incredible!! riffhard you lucky bastard!!!
Riffhard
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

What's wrong with the line "I swear the God" taking into consideration the above context damnit!??!?

It's all in jest bigman! I thought it was a brilliant line and I have no doubt that it will get plenty of play here at RO as well as at The Couch! So,all things considered,let me just say,.....thanks!

Riffhard
Tom Godamn Riffy congratulations my friend, please let me know if you need an assistant there
May 4th, 2005 05:07 PM
Joey " I have just gotten off the phone with my friend at Virgin. He said it looks as if the Stones will indeed be doing a mini concert at Bryant Park! They will probably be debuting their newest single from the forthcoming album as well as playing an older hit or two!!!!!! If this is true I swear the god I'm gonna be loving life next Tuesday!!!!! "

http://www.bryantpark.org/

I'm now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples

[ Edited by Josh ]

[Edited by Joey]
May 4th, 2005 05:09 PM
glencar Jay Jay, it wasn't for me to answer but Riffy has done you the favor. Now I hope you can make it up to NYC for the big concerts. Brazil's okay but you haven't lived until seeing them at MSG.
May 4th, 2005 05:12 PM
Angiegirl PC 2002

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/A...02/71866-1.html
May 4th, 2005 05:13 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jay Jay, it wasn't for me to answer but Riffy has done you the favor. Now I hope you can make it up to NYC for the big concerts. Brazil's okay but you haven't lived until seeing them at MSG.

I'm sure I've never experienced something like this, seeing the Rolling Stones at MSG.....well....but what can a poor boy do, except to sing in a Rock'n'Roll band....

Waiting for you to be my guest down here.
May 4th, 2005 05:14 PM
glencar Not that long ago...
May 4th, 2005 05:15 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Congrats, my loud blue shirt-wearing friend! I heard today on the Dennis Elsis show that there will be some sort of press thing at the Beacon Theater but he might have gotten concert venue cornfused with press venue. I will be there. It'll be tough for the old guy but, swear the God, I shall make it there.

Well now that is strange. Elsis is usually very hip to these things. As far as I know it could be at the Beacon. Not likely though because my Virgin rep seemed rather certain about Bryant Park. Plus it would add more excitment to the proceedings if there was a crowd gathered around to see/hear it. All I know for certain is that I will be there no matter where it goes down. As of yesterday they weren't letting any details slip,however,in just the past two or three hours things are begining to trickle out. Hence the Bryant Park concert bit. We shall see soon enough. I will post any,and all pertinate info as I recieve it.

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 05:15 PM
glencar JJ, I usually go to England for my intl shows but I think I would like to try something different. It's all in the timing.
May 4th, 2005 05:17 PM
glencar Riffy, I think Bryant Park seems more likely & certainly better for those of us w/o press passes. I can't fecking wait!
May 4th, 2005 06:06 PM
egon kick ass news!

now if any of the Frenchies here have any info on wether
this (or part of it) will be shown on tv....?
May 4th, 2005 06:26 PM
Some Guy I'm pitching a tent.
May 4th, 2005 07:16 PM
Madafaka Lucky you, Riffhard! Congratulations!
I got more anxiety than ever...
May 4th, 2005 07:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
PC 2002

ha ha ha! I forgot that SS was "Cardinal Ximinez" at the time.

That was a GREAT day, and it's funny because just last night I was editing the footage I got that day. Riffy, PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a copy (sorry, my DVD burner is down, it'll be VHS). I'll never forget the great feeling in that bar, with "Brown Sugar" BLARING, a bigass yellow BLIMP parked across the street, and Guinness for breakfast.

Politics, schmolitics. We're all in the Stones Touring Party now!

May 4th, 2005 07:33 PM
Soldatti How far is the Bryant Park from the Van Cortlandt Park?
May 4th, 2005 08:12 PM
Riffhard Van Cortlandt Park is in the Bronx,and Bryant Park is in Manhattan. It's about five miles difference. Give or take a couple of miles. Bryant Park is much nicer,but was not large enough to park a blimp I guess.

FPM check your PM bro. Are you gonna show up on Tuesday? It'll be a great time for sure! SS said he can't make it as it's the wife's birthday. How about you?

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 08:22 PM
Phog That's great news, Riffy!! Enjoy it and make sure to use the phrase "Lawrence, KS Theater Show" repeatedly in your question.

Cheers
May 4th, 2005 10:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot I swear the god, if I could be there with ya Riffy...you know I would.

And I agree with Lugar...Riffy wasn't lucky. This is a payoff for years of sucking corporate cock. I swear the god, if I knew that years of corporate cock sucking would get these types of result....I still wouldn't do it. I swear the god, even if my skin turned to chicken, I just couldn't suck corporate cock.

But that's why we have Riffy out on the front lines! He's willing to suck corporate cock so we don't have to! I swear the god, my skin turned to chicken when he does that!
May 4th, 2005 10:15 PM
FPM C10 I would LOVE to be there, especially if they PLAY...I remember we thought they might play in '02 too...but I can't swing it. The last one will always be a cherished memory, though...I swear the god!

Hey, SS, the only day of the Dali exhibit not sold out is Memorial Day. We're getting tickets tomorrow (Thursday) - can you go then?
May 4th, 2005 10:19 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I swear the god, if I could be there with ya Riffy...you know I would.

And I agree with Lugar...Riffy wasn't lucky. This is a payoff for years of sucking corporate cock. I swear the god, if I knew that years of corporate cock sucking would get these types of result....I still wouldn't do it. I swear the god, even if my skin turned to chicken, I just couldn't suck corporate cock.

But that's why we have Riffy out on the front lines! He's willing to suck corporate cock so we don't have to! I swear the god, my skin turned to chicken when he does that!

Sheer brilliance. But really, you should bring the wife. Tell her it's a very special birthday this year.
May 4th, 2005 10:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dang...can't go. I hate that. I swear the god, I hate it.
May 4th, 2005 10:40 PM
Daethgod press conference
new album info
tourinfo
maybe debut of NEW single

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

bring it on

and announce that the Oz tour is on !

May 4th, 2005 10:43 PM
corgi37 Good on ya, Riffhard. And, dont let them off the hook. Get a 100% yes or no of a Oz leg of the tour.

May 4th, 2005 10:58 PM
Daethgod hey corgi
if we get Oz tour, what u reckon is best way to get great seats ?

my Rod Laver contact has moved on ...

: (

May 4th, 2005 11:34 PM
Maxmeister Riffy,

Congrats! When I heard the official news yesterday, the first thing that entered my mind was listening to you over the internet asking your question 3 years ago.
I'll try to stay home and listen ths time around.
I'm going to make every effort to do NYC again. If we do the YOTI, I'll be needing a subway tour guide a la 3 years ago.[lol]

Rick
May 5th, 2005 02:48 AM
FotiniD Hey Riffy, we're all proud of you
Lovely news! I mean, I don't know where to concentrate first... In the last couple of days information has been coming back and forth like crazy!

Are you thinking of questions? Jeez, hard choice! I wish you all the luck in the world in getting your question answered.

And yes, RO seems to have spies and delegates everywhere!
Don't forget that tape recorder / minidisk now, alright?
May 5th, 2005 04:18 AM
egon
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
PC 2002

how do you do that?
May 5th, 2005 04:26 AM
FotiniD So Riffy, did you get the unreleased Gimme Shelter cut?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour