ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes! I'm in! Stones NYC Press Conference!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 4th, 2005 02:51 PM
Riffhard This is what I have just received via the Virgin record rep. I will once again be covering the PC! YeeFuckinghawwww!!!! Time to meet some of you bastards in the Big Apple next week! No excuses! Call out sick now!

MEDIA ALERT

THE ROLLING STONES

MAY 10TH

12:30PM

NYC

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

Lorraine O********
Rogers & **********
212/***-****

I just did a little cut and paste here,and obviously I had to do a little edit job on the names and numbers,but it is now official!

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 02:56 PM
Mr Jimmy Congratulations!

Have a blast.
May 4th, 2005 03:06 PM
Angiegirl Wow, that's great! Good for you! Have fun...
May 4th, 2005 03:09 PM
Joey

< ------ Wow, that's great! Good for you! Have fun...

Riffy .................................

I hope and pray that you are ' the first one ' called upon by Jagger --- Will yoube wearing your ' lucky ' Hawaiian Blue Shirt again ?!?!

Developing .................like a wet fart !

Sassy Tree ! ™
May 4th, 2005 03:11 PM
J.J.Flash Riffy.......I swear the God that your name was the first thing that came to my mind when Luxury1 joking asked if would there any of us Rocks Offer allowed to the press conference, man, I swear the God.....

I'm glad you made it! Lucky SOB!

Enjoy! Never meet anybody luckier than you.

Cheers!
May 4th, 2005 03:26 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Joey wrote:

I hope and pray that you are ' the first one ' called upon by Jagger --- Will yoube wearing your ' lucky ' Hawaiian Blue Shirt again ?!?!

I will once again be wearing a very loud shirt. However,the blue Hawaiin as seen it's last press conference I'm afraid. It all depends on where my seats are. As you know last time I sat right next to Albert Maysles in the third row. If I get that close again I will definatly get a shot at another question. My guess is that I will have very good seats as the Virgin rep knows how important this is to me,and he likes me alot. I have bought him many pints so he will hook a brother up for sure! I will give a big shout to RO as well as the Lotus Couch! Can't wait! I will give details as I recieve them. They are being very tight lipped about all the details this time around. I sense something very cool is in the offing with regards to the gimmick aspect of this thing.

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 03:33 PM
Maxlugar Luck has nothing to do with it!

Riffy is a republican and, of course, is very successful!

It's not called luck it's called success!

I swear the God, that's how it works!

Riffy! I swear the God if you don't give "The Couch" a shout out, I'm going to be very sad!

Swear the God you're gonna do it Riffy! Please!!!

Maxlugar - Chairman, www.maxlugar.com/ All around Internet Postzilla!

May 4th, 2005 03:35 PM
Joey " Luck has nothing to do with it! "

< -------- I have got my eye on you today ……………….

Oh , little fella ..............you BAD !!!!!!!

" Hillary Loves Puss Puss Ronnie ! "

Cazz ! ™

May 4th, 2005 03:37 PM
Dutch Michael D. That's Great Riffhard !!! very good news, HAVE FUN!!!

by the way, are you working for a newspaper or something like that??

Ciao!!!
Michael
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
May 4th, 2005 03:41 PM
Riffhard I swear the god if I get the chance I will be giving The Couch and Rocks Off some huge love! I really do! I really do swear the god!

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 03:42 PM
jell Way to go! Have a lot of fun!!

Jel
May 4th, 2005 03:53 PM
gimmekeef Riff....have a great time...Glad to see a Roxoffer get a break and attend!.....
May 4th, 2005 04:02 PM
luxury1 swear the god. Damn, Max, I thought I was the only one who picked up on that.
JJF--I wasnt joking!! ROcks Offers get all over the place. RIffy did this last tour also. I only manage to get into drug dealer's rooms at the Four Seasons....
May 4th, 2005 04:04 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Luck has nothing to do with it!

Riffy is a republican and, of course, is very successful!

It's not called luck it's called success!

I swear the God, that's how it works!

Riffy! I swear the God if you don't give "The Couch" a shout out, I'm going to be very sad!

Swear the God you're gonna do it Riffy! Please!!!

Maxlugar - Chairman, www.maxlugar.com/ All around Internet Postzilla!

I have the secret impression that Maxlugar has something against Jay.....as he never agree with a single damn line Jay types.....
May 4th, 2005 04:10 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
That's Great Riffhard !!! very good news, HAVE FUN!!!

by the way, are you working for a newspaper or something like that??

Ciao!!!
Michael
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]

Thanks everyone! I appreciate that! Hopefully I will get another shot at a question. I will be taking a poll to find out what we all want to know.

I work at a radio station Dutch Mike.

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 04:20 PM
Monkey Woman Yay! "Swear the God"! A new one for the RO Anthology!

Congrats, Riffhard! We'll wait with bated breath for your report!
May 4th, 2005 04:26 PM
charlotte Dam, doesn't get any better than having a RO member on site at the press conference!!
May 4th, 2005 04:26 PM
erikjjf Way to go, Riffhard!
May 4th, 2005 04:29 PM
kath excellent riffy!!! that is the coolest thing i have ever heard!!
Monkey Woman And he may be in for a even better treat: a rumor relayed by Fox News here http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155453,00.html is that the press conf will take the form of a mini concert!

"I'm told they will announce a new album and tour next Tuesday in New York. A press conference/concert has been booked for midtown, possibly Bryant Park"

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Thanks everyone! I appreciate that! Hopefully I will get another shot at a question. I will be taking a poll to find out what we all want to know.

I work at a radio station Dutch Mike.

Riffhard

I will say a special prayer for you tonight Riffy so that you may get called upon and thus have the tremendous opportunity to ask Mick & Keith the ONE question that is on the minds of every single individual here on this orb of ours : DO the Rolling Stones plan to return to Omaha , NE after a forty year absence and perform at the Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , State - of - the - Friggin - Art QWEST CENTER arena ?!?!?!( ... built specifically for THE ROLLING STONES themselves ... ) .

Developing ..............................

Praying .................................

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .....oh ..:

http://www.omahameca.com/

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by SDH ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 4th, 2005 04:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So fucking great Riffy!!!!!

Now are you goin' to say Riffhard from Rocks Off and Maxlugar's ??? LOL GREAT GREAT GREAT

So fucking great man

BTW, we're deeply indebted to you for that, thanks again and always my skin turned chicken when I herad your voice in the last press conference.

Hope you have the chance also to ask a question, and mention your friends on the air and cyberair and also to meet Al or someone of that "size" or bigger

This is Riffhard in the last Conference meeting with Al

Nice shirt Ronnie!

May 4th, 2005 04:52 PM
Riffhard I have just gotten off the phone with my friend at Virgin. He said it looks as if the Stones will indeed be doing a mini concert at Bryant Park! They will probably be debuting their newest single from the forthcoming album as well as playing an older hit or two!!!!!! If this is true I swear the god I'm gonna be loving life next Tuesday!!!!!

Now this could still be bunk as it has not been confirmed. However,it certainly makes sense,and the Virgin rep souned very excited about it. How's that for a gimmick?! Frick yeah!!

LOL! Thanks for posting that picture Gerardo. I hope that you make it to NYC this time around! We need to party again amigo!

Riffhard
May 4th, 2005 04:55 PM
LadyJane Outstanding news, Riffy!!!

A concert...30 years after the famous flat bed truck rolled down Fifth Ave.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that this is indeed the greatest Rock n Roll Band in History????!!!!!!

LJ.

May 4th, 2005 04:58 PM
Soldatti Great news and congrats Riffhard!
A new single debut too!
A mini concert!
6 days, only 6 days...
May 4th, 2005 05:00 PM
justinkurian I just shat my pants...thanks Riffhard!
May 4th, 2005 05:00 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Riffy.......I swear the God that your name was the first thing that came to my mind when Luxury1 joking asked if would there any of us Rocks Offer allowed to the press conference, man, I swear the God.....

I'm glad you made it! Lucky SOB!

Enjoy! Never meet anybody luckier than you.

Cheers!

What's wrong with the line "I swear the God" taking into consideration the above context damnit!??!?
May 4th, 2005 05:01 PM
glencar Congrats, my loud blue shirt-wearing friend! I heard today on the Dennis Elsis show that there will be some sort of press thing at the Beacon Theater but he might have gotten concert venue cornfused with press venue. I will be there. It'll be tough for the old guy but, swear the God, I shall make it there.
May 4th, 2005 05:01 PM
glencar Jay Jay, why so sensitive?
May 4th, 2005 05:03 PM
moy riffy luck bastard congratulations please keep us informed and take a tape recorder to the press conference for the show, it will be the first boot of the tour
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour