ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gracias José Luis - te la sacas mi buen
Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas - November 3, 1994
© José Luis Velasco with thanks to Rogerriffin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rumoured Tour Dates - A Summary Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
May 3rd, 2005 09:07 PM
Gazza thanks for the St Louis info. I've updated the first post accordingly
May 4th, 2005 08:43 AM
corgi37 Any Oz tour would be early 06. 73 was Jan, 95 was March, 2003 was Feb.

Interestingly, 73 followed the U.S. leg, 95 went the other way, and was after Seth Efrika, and Licks was after the new years U.S. shows.

Our footy pre-season doesnt start until March. It's all mostly night games, and will be at Telstra Dome. Cricket isnt a hassle because they'll just tell them to piss off if they are using the MCG.

I personally think stadium is the way to go. They'll get more bums on seats with a extravaganza. And, maybe can keep ticket prices down a little bit. I'd be very surprised if they do more than 2 Melbourne shows.
May 4th, 2005 10:58 AM
Gazza I cant see it happening in either January or February, Corgi

February seems to be tied up for South America and if there are going to be extra US shows, they'll be around that time too (probably January)
May 4th, 2005 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Most of that originates from people picking up local news stories about a possible Stones show in their area from their local radio, TV or newspapers. So, basically, for anyone enquiring about shows in their areas - look around and see whats cooking in your local media and tell us!

I will find out " FOR SURE " from my ' source ' this Friday Evening at " Mr. Toads " ( a favorite watering hole of The Joey's ) if the Rolling Stones are coming back to Omaha , NE and performing at THE QWEST !!!!!!!!!

Developing .......................like a very pleasurable rash that gets under your skin and STAYS THERE !!!!!

Cassie ! ™
May 4th, 2005 11:52 AM
Lazy Bones (from canoe.ca)

Stones set to announce world tour?

By JANE STEVENSON -- Toronto Sun

It appears the Stones really are going to roll again.

Select media got an invite from Rogers and Cowan yesterday saying: The Rolling Stones, May 10, 12:30 p.m., NYC, with no other details.

Rogers and Cowan wouldn't comment further yesterday, but the expectation is that, after a couple of months of rumours on the Internet, the veteran British rockers will finally announce the details of their latest world tour next Tuesday in The Big Apple.

The announcement could be exciting news for Toronto, since Stones frontman Mick Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood, and drummer Charlie Watts have rehearsed three times in our city for their jaunts around the world.

The Stones' most most recent visit was in the summer of 2002 when they took over the Masonic Temple for rehearsals and then played a surprise club show at the Palais Royale. They later returned to play the Air Canada Centre and SkyDome in October of that year.

The Rolling Stones Fan Club Of Europe website, iorr.com, has been speculating the Stones will arrive in T.O. to rehearse in July with the first show dates posted as Aug. 21 and Aug. 23 at Boston's Fenway Park.

The other big news from the Stones camp is that they have been working on a brand new studio album that is slated for a summer release.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
May 4th, 2005 01:11 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I'm hoping that the Charlottesville Va show is a go, as it's been since 81' that Virginia has hosted The Stones at the historic Hampton shows. Scott Stadium seats about 63,000 and has just been renovated, so this would be a great place for the boys to play. But, if Virginia gets a show I think it's still possible that North Carolina could still get one as well. Charlotte may be a good bet for an indoor show. Whether it being the new coliseum or the old one. I'm not sure why they built a new one in the area since the old one is really only about 18 years old and seats 23,000.
May 4th, 2005 01:51 PM
GimmeExile IORR just added the new Charlotte Arena in the fall! I must have spread some good vibes yesterday...and yes, the Stones will open the new arena, not U2.
May 4th, 2005 02:04 PM
Joey
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
IORR just added the new Charlotte Arena in the fall! I must have spread some good vibes yesterday...and yes, the Stones will open the new arena, not U2.

Yes , all your ' lobbying ' has paid off quite successfully -- Here's hoping I meet with similarly favorable results .................

The Jacky ! ™
May 4th, 2005 04:55 PM
glencar Not a chance, my Cornhuskering pal!
May 4th, 2005 04:56 PM
glencar A trip to NYC is in your future. Stop living in the past.
May 4th, 2005 05:01 PM
kath i dunno about anybody else here, but i am really EXCITED!!!!

YESS!!!!! a tour!!! cowafuckinbunga!!!
May 4th, 2005 05:27 PM
charlotte
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
IORR just added the new Charlotte Arena in the fall! I must have spread some good vibes yesterday...and yes, the Stones will open the new arena, not U2.

it's looking like IORR is going to be correct...I was told just now "can't say who,but U2 is not going to be the first concert only the first tickets sold at the new arena"
May 4th, 2005 06:07 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Here's a link to the new Charlotte Arena, and from the looks of it, it should be a great place for concerts. Happy to hear The Stones are the first band to play it!
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/charlotte_arena_quick_facts.html
May 4th, 2005 07:15 PM
Child of the Moon Seattle... always freaking Seattle, but never Portland (well, okay, in '97 but I was barely even a fan at that time, let alone living in Portland). Well, I made it to Tacoma, I might as well go the extra few miles to Seattle, unless they add something a bit closer to home.
May 4th, 2005 07:23 PM
time is on my side The rumours are really flying and it's all very exciting news indeed. Atlanta at the Philips Arena in November??? Charlotte at their new arena probably in November as well?? Excellent news in that these are arenas and not stadiums. Depending on the day of the week, may try for Charlotte (saw them there in 1999- the only show I saw during the No Security tour). Philips is a great place to see concerts and I'm sure the new arena in Charlotte would be the same. Wonder what kind of price tag will be listed on the tickets since these all appear to be indoor arena shows???

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 4th, 2005 07:26 PM
Dan Current rumors have prices at $90-400 for arenas and $500 for theatres.
May 4th, 2005 07:29 PM
charlotte The new Charlotte Arena does NOT use TicketMasturbated, you must go threw the Bobcats(NBA)...save a few $$ on service charge...
May 4th, 2005 07:40 PM
time is on my side
quote:
charlotte wrote:
The new Charlotte Arena does NOT use TicketMasturbated, you must go threw the Bobcats(NBA)...save a few $$ on service charge...

Thanks for the information. Good news that it doesn't have anything to do with TicketMasturbated. Is there a phone number you can call??? I saved the web link.

At the prices quoted above, I won't be going to too many concerts (possibly two at the most here in the U.S.). Hopefully, the prices at the top end of the scale, where the good seats are, will come down and be more reasonable. Time will tell.

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 4th, 2005 07:51 PM
charlotte Use their site: http://www.newcharlottearena.com/

then click on tickets, I bought two U2 tickets on-line vary easy even though the concert sold out in 59 minutes

The old Coliseum held 23,000 for the NS tour and this made it very easy to buy tickets but this new one 17,000-18,000 depending on the stage...
May 4th, 2005 09:35 PM
Child of the Moon Yes, I've heard that the mid-range tickets are gonna run at about $300. For a starving student like me, that's about enough to make me cry and/or have a fucking meltdown.
May 4th, 2005 10:11 PM
Starbuck and no minneapolis?

pitiful.

shameful.

it makes me gassy.
May 4th, 2005 11:01 PM
Brainbell Jangler Seattle ain't that far, COTM. And the night before Halloween!!! Start planning your costume!
May 5th, 2005 04:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
and no minneapolis?

pitiful.

shameful.

it makes me gassy.

who said there wouldnt be? Theres loads of gaps on that 'schedule' which is, (to repeat once again) based almost solely on rumours

everything is subject to change - and correction!
May 5th, 2005 12:01 PM
glencar Minneapolis sold very poorly on prior tours according to Joshy. It's a matter of economics & they ahve to maximize moolah on this, their very last tour.
May 5th, 2005 12:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Minneapolis sold very poorly on prior tours according to Joshy. It's a matter of economics & they ahve to maximize moolah on this, their very last tour.

yeah but Joshy says everywhere sells badly!

It would be the shortest tour in history using his logic!
May 5th, 2005 01:21 PM
Poplar
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Use their site: http://www.newcharlottearena.com/

then click on tickets, I bought two U2 tickets on-line vary easy even though the concert sold out in 59 minutes

yep - i scored two floor tix for the Dec. U2 show in less than 5 minutes... then, i went back and got two more on another credit card! i KNEW the Stones would come through for us CHARLOTTE!!! Charlatans love the Stones!!!!

May 5th, 2005 01:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah but Joshy says everywhere sells badly!

It would be the shortest tour in history using his logic!

LOL Just NY, LA & Chicago!
May 5th, 2005 02:32 PM
Gazza not even LA!

there were unsold seats behind me at Anaheim and on the night of the Staples show at Halloween you could get tickets on the street below face value.

If Josh knew that, he'd shit!

so, its just New York and Chicago, then.
May 5th, 2005 02:45 PM
glencar They'll need good luck to sell out Giants Stadium this time.
May 5th, 2005 05:23 PM
egon if they really are going with this "farewell tour" thing,
i think they'll sell just fine.

maybe then JB will come back as well.

just wishful thinking...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour