ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: All the dirt on Jerry Return to archive
6th May 2007 02:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ALL THE DIRT ON JERRY.. AND I’M DISHING IT!
06/05/2007 Sunday Mirror

After 17 years as a full-time cleaner for Mick Jagger’s family, Anna Afonsa is about to become a star in her own right as the face of a new advertising campaign. But Portuguese-born Anna won’t be giving up the day job, she tells KAREN ROCKETT. Unlike most celebs, Mick’s ex-wife Jerry is happy for her cleaner to dish the dirt on any skeletons – or cobwebs – she finds in the closets of Jerry’s mansion in Richmond, South West London...

I have only ever worked for the Jaggers and I can’t imagine working for anyone else. They make me feel part of the family. We sometimes all have lunch together and they make it a real occasion for my birthday and for Christmas, which makes me feel really special.

I enjoy meeting Jerry’s celebrity friends and when she hosts dinner parties I get to meet people like Tracey Emin, Rachel Fuller and Jo and Leah Wood.

I work five days a week from 9am to 3pm. Jerry’s house has so many rooms and I’m responsible for pretty much all of them.

The only place I don’t really go in is her private dressing room. I’m sure it’s pretty tidy though. She is a very organised person who likes to keep everything in order, including her wardrobe. All her cashmere is in one drawer.

All Jerry’s children – Elizabeth, 23, James, 22, Georgia May, 15, and nine-year-old Gabriel – live at home and they’re all quite messy really.

Gabriel often has his toys everywhere, and the girls have a lot of clothes which spill out of their wardrobes. When James is rehearsing with his band that causes more mess.

Lizzie – who models for Marks & Spencer – has so many clothes and they are always all over her room. As soon as I hear her go out, I race up there to tidy it all up.

I’ll mop the kitchen floor twice a day because the family have two pet dogs and three cats.

Jerry likes to think of cleaning as part of her exercise routine and she particularly likes dusting. She always helps me when she’s got time on her hands. Jerry doesn’t like it when the mirrors have smears, so I always make sure I wipe them with a clean, dry cloth each time I clean.

I once accidentally blew up the washing machine, which was a bit of a disaster – the whole house was thrown into darkness. Jerry was shocked but we had a giggle as we waited for the electrician.

It’s important that a housekeeper is trustworthy and reliable, and even more so if it’s for a high-profile celebrity like Jerry Hall. She trusts me and that’s how we’ve made it work for so many years. They’re a fantastic family to work for and my visits to their home are always fun and lively.

Jerry says: “I take pride in my home. It’s beautiful and I enjoy entertaining in it – so I like everything to look really nice and shiny.

“Anna is my secret helper, working tirelessly behind the scenes. She is like a member of the family – without her we’d be lost.”

ANNA AFONSO’S TOP TEN HOUSEKEEPING TIPS..

1. Always clean regularly – if you leave jobs until later you will only make it harder for yourself.

2. Always use the right products for the right surfaces. If you don’t, you may end up damaging surfaces. I use the new FlashGuard which makes the job easier and quicker, and really helps stop the dirt from sticking.

3. Keeping everything tidy makes life easier and brings a sense of order to all of the chaos.

4. Every house benefits from a spring clean and now’s the time to do it. Spend a day cleaning everything in the house such as inside cupboards and bleaching the kitchen bin – you’ll be surprised how good you feel afterwards.

5. Open the window regularly in the bathroom to help prevent damp and mould.

6. Regularly recycle newspapers and magazines which only clutter up the house.

7. After cleaning mirrors, always wipe down with a dry cloth or tissue to bring out the shine.

8. Use cold water whenever you can to save energy and do your little bit for the environment.

9. Choose cleaning products with a fresh scent rather than anything too clinical.

10. Every now and then, display a bunch of flowers in the room after you’ve finished cleaning to give it a finishing touch. It’s also a little reward for yourself.

- Jerry and Anna are working with Flash with FlashGuard, which helps stop the dirt from sticking. For further info visit www.britainscleaner.co.uk

6th May 2007 02:48 PM
MrPleasant She's an ass.
6th May 2007 02:51 PM
fireontheplatter i would like to hire her....
6th May 2007 02:54 PM
MrPleasant Ass for hire.

(Don't get me wrong).
6th May 2007 02:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
She's an ass.

Who? Jerry or Anna Afonsa?
6th May 2007 03:04 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Who? Jerry or Anna Afonsa?

All of
6th May 2007 04:51 PM
Bruno So James has a band? I wonder if he plays Stones covers...

Imagine if it´s a nu-metal band!
6th May 2007 06:34 PM
mojoman
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Ass for hire.

(Don't get me wrong).

Ass for sale
6th May 2007 06:45 PM
lotsajizz they're goin' cheap!
6th May 2007 07:13 PM
Mel Belli James Jagger has a band.
6th May 2007 07:42 PM
glencar Those are quite sensible cleaning tips & I will print them out & make my cleaning lady follow the new routine.
7th May 2007 09:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
James Jagger has a band.

....and he's still living at home.
7th May 2007 09:55 AM
MrPleasant ......

Ass or no ass, she is not a skank.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)