ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones songs you can't listen Return to archive
5th May 2007 06:56 PM
no night together does it happen to you that you can't listen to a stone song because it reminds you too much of someone you miss?
what do you do to work it out, move on and make the song yours again?
5th May 2007 07:01 PM
Throwaway I got into a bad car accident while listening to "Highwire" but I still love the song. My mind can usually separate songs and events or people so I'm not really reminded, but if you really can't shake it..give the song a rest. After a while it will sound really fresh, specially cause its the Stones, and then you will have your new experiences shape your view of the song. Or just listen to it while you are ripped, that works also.
5th May 2007 07:10 PM
no night together guess you're riht throw, sometimes I feel a big shame on giving such song (wild horses and memory motel for exapmple) a rest, anyway I think your attitude is the proper one.
5th May 2007 07:40 PM
fireontheplatter the stones remind me of everybody. so no i do not have a problem with this situation.

i worked for a guy in boulder who had a very difficult time with the song malissa by the allmond bros.

you can pretty much play any song at any time of day at a reasonable volume to me and i will like it.....accept for streets of love or indian girl or sweethearts together or blinded by love or all about you.............

no......i'm just kidding
really i am
5th May 2007 08:10 PM
Nellcote Every song I've heard has a relation to an event.
Birth, death, high, low, getting high, feeling low.
Music is the staff of life.
5th May 2007 08:23 PM
mrhipfl "Angie" makes me cry sometimes because it makes me miss my mom. It was her favorite song. But it's kind of therapeutic in a way. hard to explain...
5th May 2007 08:24 PM
ExileIzzy Moonlight Mile is hard to listen to sometimes, makes me think of this girl I dated recently for 4years, ended with bad blood
5th May 2007 09:00 PM
Throwaway For some reason I can't bring myself to listen to "Hold Back." Reminds me of things that smell bad.
5th May 2007 09:02 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
"Angie" makes me cry sometimes because it makes me miss my mom. It was her favorite song. But it's kind of therapeutic in a way. hard to explain...

i mist tears every now and then because i am sorta kind beginning to thing there may be an end soon to all this.

i am in denial
5th May 2007 09:51 PM
Rizollin I find some songs can be hard to listen to for a while if they are associated with something painful, often a woman. However, I am usually able to replace the association between a song and an old girlfriend with a new girlfriend. I think I've been up and down with songs like Memory Motel, Let it Loose and Sway more times than I can count. I'm still trying to find a replacement however for Let Me Down Slow (probably why I haven't dusted off A Bigger Bang lately). She Was Hot is a song that I need no recovery from and I always blast it whenever someone new comes along. Sweet Virginia on the other hand will always go hand in hand with a certain special lady. The memory of her is painful, but for some reason I still enjoy the song every time I hear it.
6th May 2007 03:40 AM
pdog Anyway You Look At It
It reminds me of when my Mom made eat Lima Beans smothered in cat litter and kitty poop.
6th May 2007 03:41 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anyway You Look At It
It reminds me of when my Mom made eat Lima Beans smothered in cat litter and kitty poop.

6th May 2007 11:41 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anyway You Look At It

Do you have the recipe?
6th May 2007 11:55 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anyway You Look At It

was that an appitizer or an entree?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)