ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: KENTUCKY DERBY DAY Return to archive
5th May 2007 09:42 AM
fireontheplatter coverage begins at 4 thirty in my area. check you local listings.

ride ride ride...little pony ride
5th May 2007 10:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Thanks for the reminder. I've been preoccupied with other things that last couple of days. Plum forgot.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th May 2007 10:23 AM
tumbled Her Majesty the Queen will be in attendance.

You can bet on the color hat she will wear here:

http://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/horse-racing.jsp

yellow/gold being the long shot. 11/1
[Edited by tumbled]
5th May 2007 10:34 AM
Nellcote Watch for Boston's own Bob Neumeier today, on the broadcast, for riveting analysis, while he's not chasing "cougars"...

5th May 2007 11:45 AM
gimmekeef The field as usual is WIDE open....Weather might play a factor.....Grab a long shot and a shot of whatever and enjoy the race....Personally pullin for Curlin....
5th May 2007 09:58 PM
tumbled
Street Sense captures 133rd Kentucky Derby
Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Post-time favorite Street Sense caught Hard Spun in mid-stretch on his way to winning the 133rd Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. The victory is the second for trainer Carl Nafzger in the Run for the Roses.

With more than 100,000 spectators, including Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh watching, Street Sense became the first winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile to win the Kentucky Derby. The colt is also the first champion juvenile to claim victory since Spectacular Bid won the Run for the Roses in 1979.

Incredibly, Street Sense, ridden by Calvin Borel, was in 19th place at the half-mile pole before rallying.

"He's the best three-year-old I've ever been on in my life," Borel said. "He's the kind of horse, he'll do anything for you. He's very push-button. He'll put you in a spot where you want to be at any time and then relax."

Lane's End Stakes winner Hard Spun was allowed to set the pace in the 1 1/4 mile race. He was closely followed by Cowtown Cat, Teuflesberg and Stormello. Street Sense settled well off the pace along rail.

With Mario Pino in the saddle, Hard Spun continued on the lead up the backstretch with Cowtown Cat and Sedgefield stalking him. Street Sense remained on the rail heading into the far turn as Hard Spun looked tough to catch.

Street Sense never needed to get off the rail until just before he found Hard Spun. He caught Hard Spun with a furlong to run and went on to post a 2 1/4 length victory. Hard Spun was second with morning line favorite Curlin finishing third and Imawildandcrazyguy fourth in the 20-horse field.

The time for the Kentucky Derby was 2:02.17 on a track listed as good.

Completing the order of finish was Sedgefield, Circular Quay, Tiago, Any Given Saturday, Sam P., Nobiz Like Shobiz, Dominican, Zanjero, Great Hunter, Liquidity, Bwana Bull, Storm in May, Teuflesberg, Scat Daddy, Stormello and Cowtown Cat.

Owned by James Tafel, Street Sense collects $1.45 million for the win to bring his career earnings to more than $2.95 million. The three-year-old has won four of eight lifetime races. He can become the first Triple Crown champion since Affirmed in 1978.

"This is the epitome of anybody in the horse business or racing career is to have a horse that's won a Kentucky Derby," Tafel said. "Earlier this year, matter of fact, last year, Carl said, 'Jim, we're going to win the Kentucky Derby.' Partner, you made it come true."

Nafzger won the Kentucky Derby in 1990 with Unbridled and now has two weeks to preapre Street Sense for the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico in Baltimore. The final jewel in the Tripele Crown is the Belmont Stakes on June 9 at Belmont Park.

"This horse has never ran a bad race," Nafzger said. "He's done everything he's supposed to. Like I said earlier, and I mean seriously, this horse took us here. Not only did he take us here, he took us here today. I've got all the faith in the world in this horse and I can't say enough about him."

This year Street Sense used just two prep races to get ready for the first Saturday in May. He won the Tampa Bay Derby by a nose over Any Given Saturday and then lost the Blue Grass Stakes by a nose to Dominican.

Street Sense returned $11.80, $6.40 and $4.60. Hard Spun paid $9.80 and $7.00, and Curlin paid $5.60 for show.

Trainer Todd Pletcher had five horses entered in the race, seeking his first Kentucky Derby win. Louisiana Derby winner Circular Quay had the best finish in sixth place. Any Given Saturday was eighth, Sam P. ninth, Scat Daddy 18th, and Cowtown Cat finished 20th.

05/05 21:04:06 ET

[Edited by tumbled]
6th May 2007 12:11 PM
fireontheplatter next year i'm a betting man....
6th May 2007 12:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat What color hat did she wear?
6th May 2007 01:55 PM
sweetcharmedlife I think it was green. I should remember. I watched Derby coverage for about 4 hrs yesterday.
6th May 2007 06:57 PM
tumbled the feather was pink and the hat was light green/chartreuse.

how much did that combo pay I wonder?
7th May 2007 09:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Not bad for a jockey who can hardly read or write.
7th May 2007 10:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
tumbled wrote:
the feather was pink and the hat was light green/chartreuse.

how much did that combo pay I wonder?

Far more than we can I guess.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)