ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A So-Called "Liberal" Answers His Death Threats Return to archive
3rd May 2007 10:01 AM
Chuck April 30, 2007

Thank You Sean Hannity!

A So-Called "Liberal" Answers His Death Threats
By SHERWOOD ROSS

http://www.counterpunch.org/ross04302007.html

According to my fan mail, it appears Sean Hannity criticized my CounterPunch essay on the Blacksburg massacre and his listeners somehow got my e-mail address. I have long wondered who Hannity's fans are, and at last I had the chance to find out. More than 150 emails arrived, most of which only cursed me or suggested I depart the country, preferably feet first. Others, though, suggested various tortures, including taking me apart with a pliers; and a few took the trouble to prescribe harsher punishments should I cross their path. One of the typical, albeit more profound letters, which I quote in its entirety, came from Ken Land of [email protected], who said, "You are a piece of s---."

Kenneth A. Ciullo, at [email protected], wrote, "If I ever see you or hear you at a meeting, in public, at a private party, beware, I might be standing next to you, about to blow your f---ing twisted brains all over the wall." (Other Hannity followers also explained why gun control won't work.)

Some letters lifted my spirits. One from Noel Granite, at [email protected], was cause to make me thank my lucky stars: "You are lucky I can't get my hands on you. Call it a threat, report it, do whatever you want but if you ever cross my path you will never be able to write again." (Noel, I am NOT reporting it. I like a guy who speaks his mind. Besides, the FBI must be so busy trying to find the perp of the 10/11 anthrax attacks on Congress, I don't want to hand them another tough nut to crack.)

From [email protected] came advice to "open my carotid artery and suck on a barrel for being such a piece of s--- low life that would write such a thing. Die filthy America hater. Just die." (Please note: this is NOT a death threat, merely a suicide suggestion, so I am only forwarding it to the State of Oregon.) Not one to be left out, Jeff Slegaitis at [email protected], wrote, "Just quit breathing! Lick the snotty-end of my f--- -stick BITCH! (Note: as a believer in family values, I am not reprinting the f-word.)You live under the freedom provided by soldiers of past and present who served and DIED so you can write the S--- you write! Respect that or GET THE F--- OUT of our country." Actually, Jeff, I learned to write contributing to the Lackland Air Force Base "Tailspinner" during my military service. If my prose is insipid, blame them!

A number of readers objected to the fact I said negative things about the compassionate gentleman in the White House. Jeff Geslison of Salt Lake City, Utah, [email protected], put it bluntly: "WHAT THE F--- IS WRONG WITH YOU? (Again, as a believer in family values, I am NOT spelling out the f-word.) How dare you attack President Bush as you did. You are one sick mother f----r. You need to wake up and smell the coffee a-- hole. I've got a serious problem with you and the s--- you spew out of your mouth! Grow up ass f---! Get a life and quit harassing our President." (Relax, Jeff, a president who won't heed Jim Baker he won't listen to me.)

Anyway, the above should provide a representative sampling of the mental apparatus of Hannity's listeners and if that's what Hannity's advertisers want, as a believer in free enterprise, that's okay with me.

One last word: Many of the writers mistakenly assumed that since I oppose the war in Iraq I am a liberal. As Michael Higgs of [email protected], wrote: "Save Lives Spay and Neuter Your Liberal." Nothing could be further from the truth, as my credentials reveal:

Sherwood Ross is a long-time conservative who believes carotid-and-pliers in the Constitution of the United States of America. He has worked as a publicist for conservative magazines such as "The National Review" and for military publications such as "The Armed Forces Journal" and "Proceedings of The U.S. Naval Institute," Annapolis. He has also written on the need for U.S. military defense in "World War II" magazine, and the "Navy News" of Norfolk. Reach him at [email protected]

3rd May 2007 10:08 AM
Maxlugar Sherwood?

3rd May 2007 10:20 AM
Joey Maxy: "...oh, and please God, Please help me to one day be as wise as the Joey --- He was totally correct about the Iraqi Quagmire and the effect it is having on my beloved Republican Party . Please God, I could sure use your help! Right Sparky?!"

Sparky: "Woof!" ... " That's it --- come here !!!!! "

***** SPARKY ' Bitch - Slaps ' the MaxLugar across the side of the head with his right paw for the tenth time THIS MORNING , craps on the floor and walks away from a wimpering Maxy ******

[Edited by Sparky ]

[Edited by Joey]
3rd May 2007 10:26 AM
glencar This Sherwood Ross is the biggest wussy around these days. What kind of lilly-livered fruitcake gives out others' e-mail addresses? Total scumbag. I hope this thread is removed not because it's another in a long list of boring & whining threads put up by Chuck but because some sickos out there might harass those whose e-mail addresses were included in that article.
3rd May 2007 10:31 AM
Joey " This Sherwood Ross is the biggest wussy around these days. What kind of lilly-livered fruitcake gives out others' e-mail addresses? Total scumbag. I hope this thread is removed not because it's another in a long list of boring & whining threads put up by Chuck but because some sickos out there might harass those whose e-mail addresses were included in that article. "

[Edited by Joey]
3rd May 2007 10:32 AM
glencar "I have no life!" LOL The only thing that's ever original in your BS posts!
3rd May 2007 10:37 AM
Chuck LOL! Another conservative gets branded a wussy liberal and receives death threats for daring to oppose the war and the president.

3rd May 2007 10:43 AM
Starbuck so it's ok for the hannity freaks to tell sherwood to fuck off and that they are going to blow his brains out and shit down his neck, but it isn't OK for him to post their email addresses?

i's just axin!
3rd May 2007 10:51 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
Maxy: "...oh, and please God, Please help me to one day be as wise as the Joey --- He was totally correct about the Iraqi Quagmire and the effect it is having on my beloved Republican Party . Please God, I could sure use your help! Right Sparky?!"

Sparky: "Woof!" ... " That's it --- come here !!!!! "

***** SPARKY ' Bitch - Slaps ' the MaxLugar across the side of the head with his right paw for the tenth time THIS MORNING , craps on the floor and walks away from a wimpering Maxy ******

[Edited by Maxlugar]
3rd May 2007 10:58 AM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
so it's ok for the hannity freaks to tell sherwood to fuck off and that they are going to blow his brains out and shit down his neck, but it isn't OK for him to post their email addresses?

i's just axin!

Yes, it is okay. It's bad form but he's a public writer who has to expect some negative feedback. I don't mind that he printed what these people wrote to him or even if he writes "Ed G. from Billings, MT wrote..." but don't give out e-mail addresses. The guy's a little wussy. BTW I didn't e-mail this guy!
3rd May 2007 11:00 AM
egon in the beginning they write that peole somehow got
his (private?) email address and made it public.
i guess he's doing the same...?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)