ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Moon Is Up"/"Rain Fall Down" Return to archive
2nd May 2007 11:04 AM
Mel Belli If I recall correctly, prism said "Rain Fall Down" was Keith's title. On the early version of "Moon Is Up" -- the one Keith introduces as "a new song I wrote called 'If'" -- "rain fall down" is one of the lines he ad-libs.

For what it's worth (talk about minutiae).
2nd May 2007 11:10 AM
Saint Sway all I know is that whoever wrote that song was drinking peach schnapps and listenting to way too much INXS at the time
2nd May 2007 11:12 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
all I know is that whoever wrote that song was drinking peach schnapps and listenting to way too much INXS at the time

That would be Mick. (Though I think "Look What the Cat Dragged In" had the more egregious INXS pilfering.)
2nd May 2007 11:13 AM
Saint Sway LWTCDI = worst stones ever
2nd May 2007 11:14 AM
Mel Belli Mathijs said it was the best track on the album. Which still puzzles me.
2nd May 2007 11:40 AM
Bruno Not the best on ABB, but I like it and have nothing against that INXS "touch". Ronnie does a good solo.

Moon Is Up also is a nice song.
2nd May 2007 12:53 PM
Nellcote It's the Stones, dammit.
Deal with it.
2nd May 2007 01:46 PM
the good I like moon is up. But I would have sworn it was a Mick tune.

"WHERE DID YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOO?" "WHEN I NEEEEEEEEEEDED YOU?"
2nd May 2007 03:02 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:
I like moon is up. But I would have sworn it was a Mick tune.

"WHERE DID YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOO?" "WHEN I NEEEEEEEEEEDED YOU?"

Primarily a Keith tune - but the part you quote is a Mick addition.
2nd May 2007 03:03 PM
Mel Belli And I like the song, too.
2nd May 2007 03:27 PM
speedfreakjive ok tune
2nd May 2007 09:20 PM
gotdablouse yes, ok, but lightweight, like most of the stuff on VL really. The last "Keith" album and it looks like it sucked him dry !

INXS...hum, next thing yo know our friend Sway will accuse the Stones of pilfering the Black Crowes !
2nd May 2007 09:23 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
yes, ok, but lightweight, like most of the stuff on VL really. The last "Keith" album and it looks like it sucked him dry !

INXS...hum, next thing yo know our friend Sway will accuse the Stones of pilfering the Black Crowes !

The similarity between LWTCDI and INXS's "Need You Tonight" are really hard to overlook.
2nd May 2007 09:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The similarity between LWTCDI and INXS's "Need You Tonight" are really hard to overlook.

Nay....it's impossible to overlook if you ask me.

Riffy
2nd May 2007 10:02 PM
prism Keith liked to listen to INXS about 15 years ago.
2nd May 2007 10:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
prism wrote:
Keith liked to listen to INXS about 15 years ago.

I think that's about when everyone else stopped listening, too!
2nd May 2007 10:06 PM
pdog Keith wrote Almost Hear you Sigh and the hated You Got Me Rocking... Jagger gets slagged for the crappy ballads, I wouldn't be surprised if Keith is behind Rain and maybe even SOl, you never know!
2nd May 2007 10:07 PM
pdog I like the songs when Keith sings them too... I know alot of people hate his ballads, but I like them...
2nd May 2007 10:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
Keith wrote Almost Hear you Sigh and the hated You Got Me Rocking... Jagger gets slagged for the crappy ballads, I wouldn't be surprised if Keith is behind Rain and maybe even SOl, you never know!

AHYS is a great song! And the slow, 10-minute version of YGMR on Voodoo Stew is pretty cool, too.
2nd May 2007 10:52 PM
ExileIzzy I love the drums on Moon Is Up
3rd May 2007 12:45 AM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Never saw it & frankly, I still don't. Please enlighten...
3rd May 2007 11:30 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Never saw it & frankly, I still don't. Please enlighten...

listen to the ghey guitar jingle in Need You Tonight and get back to us
3rd May 2007 11:42 AM
glencar Yeah, I can see a touch of it...
3rd May 2007 07:52 PM
gimmekeef Anytime you think you've heard their worst song..play Indian Girl just to be sure....
3rd May 2007 07:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I've always seen it as basically a hybrid of 'I Need you tonight' and 'Undercover of the Night'
3rd May 2007 08:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
ExileIzzy wrote:
I love the drums on Moon Is Up

yep, so do I..

Like the slide on RFD..

what was the original question Mel?

It is all good.....

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)