ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Mom's Services May 1, 2007 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st May 2007 04:45 PM
tumbled From Daily Mail

Keith Richards pays his last respects to beloved mother

Keith Richards, the renegader rocker, today attended his mother's funeral at Chichester Crematorium.

Doris Richards lost her battle with cancer on 21st April at the age of 91.

Keith, her only son, was said to have kept a bedside vigil during her last days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=452005&in_page_id=1773

[Edited by tumbled]
1st May 2007 05:06 PM
pdog Alot of death around these guys recently...
Did Mick show?
1st May 2007 05:10 PM
tumbled not sure, its only a brief snippet in the paper
1st May 2007 05:14 PM
nasalwizard Poor Keith, Im an only child to ..I bet he is deverstated..
1st May 2007 05:26 PM
killerbitch Sad for Keith, losing his sweet beloved Mother. She was 91 and lived a long
time. May she RIP.

Who are the people in the picture with Keith? The one lady looks like Angela?
1st May 2007 05:48 PM
texile marlon and angela look like such sweet kids in the michael caine pic from ...82?
i haven't seen any mention or sight of mick...
1st May 2007 06:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
Sad for Keith, losing his sweet beloved Mother. She was 91 and lived a long
time. May she RIP.

Who are the people in the picture with Keith? The one lady looks like Angela?

I think thats Angela, too
1st May 2007 06:47 PM
texile this is tacky and tastless...
i shouldn't even re-print it, but its a perfect example of how the media has no soul.
granted, it is the new york post, empire of sleaze.

Kooky Keith Richards may soon have some new ashes to snort — those of his beloved 91-year-old mom, who died over the weekend.

Doris Richards, who suffered from cancer, quietly passed away in her sleep Saturday, a rep for the pickled Rolling Stone guitarist said yesterday.

Her son made headlines earlier this month when he infamously told an interviewer he had mixed some of late dad Bert's ashes with cocaine — and then snorted them up his nose as a tribute to his old man.

"He was cremated, and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. It went pretty well, and I'm still alive," the wrinkly but still renegade rocker said at the time.

Richards, 63, later insisted that he was just kidding.
media has no soul.
1st May 2007 07:05 PM
fireontheplatter the sun came out to shine on keith in rainy old england
that is a good thing

rest in peace doris
1st May 2007 07:06 PM
Spru Nice to see Ronnie there sharing a smile with Keith. You can tell these guys are genuine friends. It's great to see Ron being there for his buddy during this difficult time.
1st May 2007 07:08 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
texile wrote:
this is tacky and tastless...
i shouldn't even re-print it, but its a perfect example of how the media has no soul.
granted, it is the new york post, empire of sleaze.

Kooky Keith Richards may soon have some new ashes to snort — those of his beloved 91-year-old mom, who died over the weekend.

Doris Richards, who suffered from cancer, quietly passed away in her sleep Saturday, a rep for the pickled Rolling Stone guitarist said yesterday.

Her son made headlines earlier this month when he infamously told an interviewer he had mixed some of late dad Bert's ashes with cocaine — and then snorted them up his nose as a tribute to his old man.

"He was cremated, and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. It went pretty well, and I'm still alive," the wrinkly but still renegade rocker said at the time.

Richards, 63, later insisted that he was just kidding.
media has no soul.

i see you prefer to head straight for the smut.....
1st May 2007 07:11 PM
fireontheplatter ron wood is wearing a tie....WAY respectable
1st May 2007 10:07 PM
glencar No Keith siblings?
1st May 2007 10:35 PM
Bitch yes, seeing Ronnie's smiling face reminds me of Waiting On a Friend A smile relieves a heart that grieves

No tie for Keef but he looks respectful without the headbands, dangling trinkets, or scarves.

MICK probably didnt show up since Keef didnt show up for MICK's dad's service.
1st May 2007 10:36 PM
glencar Tit for tat? That's immature.
1st May 2007 11:03 PM
oldkr Mick only goes to the glam funerals - besides keith was at micks mothers funeral

OLDKR
1st May 2007 11:07 PM
prism Keith introduced me to his mother many years ago. She spent the whole day telling me about his childhood. He has no siblings, but she said he was close to his cousin Kay.
2nd May 2007 07:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
No Keith siblings?

Nope. Only child. I think his grandfather had about 7 daughters and no sons. He had lots of doting aunts!
2nd May 2007 08:01 AM
tumbled
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
ron wood is wearing a tie....WAY respectable

Ronnie is a sweetheart all the way imo
2nd May 2007 09:39 AM
gimmekeef Ronnie is Salt of The Earth...regardless how we feel about his playing etc at times...Keith lost the lures and appears to have died his hair....I'm sure its a tough time for the Riffmaster....
2nd May 2007 09:55 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Ronnie is Salt of The Earth...regardless how we feel about his playing etc at times...Keith lost the lures and appears to have died his hair....I'm sure its a tough time for the Riffmaster....

Amen !

R.I.P. Doris
2nd May 2007 09:59 AM
Jeep Photos David Fisher (no Six Feet Under joke !!!) / REX

[Edited by Jeep]
2nd May 2007 10:07 AM
Mel Belli With the mustache and the very apparent male-pattern baldness, and without all the bells and whistles of his stagewear, you can almost see what Keith would like look had he been a regular joe all his life.
2nd May 2007 10:14 AM
LadyJane
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Ronnie is Salt of The Earth...regardless how we feel about his playing etc at times...Keith lost the lures and appears to have died his hair....I'm sure its a tough time for the Riffmaster....

Ronnie has been the glue that has held this Band together for years. He is a good man.

Poor Keith.

My heart aches for him.

LJ.
2nd May 2007 10:36 AM
jaggergurl It is nice to see Keith surrounded by so much love at his mum's funeral.

That brotherly love that Keith and Ronnie share is a beautiful thing, especially on such a sad day..

rest in peace Doris...

thank you for the music you brought into the world and to all of us, through your wonderful son..
2nd May 2007 10:41 AM
Gazza Was reading a post over on IORR that said that Bill Wyman cancelled a show in Germany to attend.

Quite a noble gesture in many ways, especially as they were historically the two band members who had probably less rapport with each other than any other combination within the group. Nice one, Bill.
2nd May 2007 10:55 AM
Lord Homosex I have been thinking more and more that Bill Wyman wants to somehow re-harmonize. He might be feeling his own age getting up there and his own band did what they did. The Stones was always his real baby. he wants to come back into the fold. Not the band but the circle.
2nd May 2007 11:45 AM
Bruno It´s a stupid remark, but I think Keith looks much better without all those stupid things in his head. It worked till some years ago, not now anymore.

Bill was there. And Mick, anyone knows?
2nd May 2007 11:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
I have been thinking more and more that Bill Wyman wants to somehow re-harmonize. He might be feeling his own age getting up there and his own band did what they did. The Stones was always his real baby. he wants to come back into the fold. Not the band but the circle.

I dont that much has changed in that regard in fairness. He's said many times that he remains close to and in regular contact with Charlie - and to some degree, Ronnie. He was always closer to those two, but less so with Mick and especially Keith, who even in Stones downtime spent most of his time (unlike Bill) outside of the UK anyway
2nd May 2007 01:22 PM
Martha Keith looks really good in those shots. He's gonna make it through this very sad time with flying colors. I feel he has gained his strength back and that he spent those last days by his beloved Mother's bedside must be of great comfort to him. I'm so glad he had no other pressures on him, like being in the middle of a tour, and could devote himself to her. He looks really well.

And that sweetheart Ronnie is a peach. All the way. :-)

Blessings and peace.

Martha
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)