ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Streisand... Return to archive
1st May 2007 07:53 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat ...charges 700 euro for an O2 ticket...
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
1st May 2007 08:12 AM
Mel Belli And look who turns up -- none other than Michael Cohl:

The Independent (London)

May 1, 2007

Streisand fans count the cost of diva's concert

By Andy McSmith

She may have been a funny girl once but punters were not laughing at the ticket prices for Barbra Streisand's next UK concert.

The cheapest tickets, which go on sale on Friday, have a face value of £100, while the best seats are officially available at £500. Yesterday, one independent agency was offering a small number of tickets for prices ranging from £375 to £850.

Streisand's one-off London gig, on 18 July, makes even the eye-watering prices charged by the likes of Madonna and the Rolling Stones seem cheap by comparison. But a spokesman for a star defended the high prices. "Seeing Barbra Streisand in concert is a pretty momentous occasion that ranks up there with seeing Sinatra or Elvis. If you think that FA Cup final tickets are going for £1,600, you get some sort of context," he told the Evening Standard.

Now 65, Streisand is the music industry's biggest-selling female artist , and second only to Elvis Presley in the all-time charts, ahead of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. She has not performed in the UK since 1994, and seldom been seen on stage anywhere since the break-up of her marriage to the actor James Brolin in 1998.

According to her manager, Martin Erlichman, last year's US tour, her first in six years, broke box-office records in 14 of the 16 venues she played. In the other two, she already held the record. Her London gig, to be held at the Millennium Dome, now called The O2, will include a 58-piece orchestra. She will perform old hits such as "The Way We Were", "Evergreen" and "People".

It will be the final gig in a European tour that takes in Vienna, Paris, Nice and her first ever gig in Ireland, on 14 July at Castletown House near Dublin. Some of the proceeds would go to the Barbra Streisand Foundation, which supports causes such as the environment, civil rights and disadvantaged youngsters.

Her tour is being organ-ised by Concert Productions International (CPI), which also organised the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" tour and The Who's world tour. CPI's founder, Michael Cohl, said: "It is an amazing show - a once-in-a-lifetime experience not to be missed."

The star's reaction, according to her publicity people, was to exclaim: "What a joy it will be to perform in so many wonderful countries for the first time. I can't wait to experience these different audiences and different cultures."

In a career that began at a gay bar in New York in 1960, Streisand has chalked up 13 multi-platinum albums, two Oscars, four Emmys, 10 Golden Globes and eight Grammys.

1st May 2007 08:48 AM
SweetVirginia

1st May 2007 09:13 AM
oldkr She's no elton thats for sure... mind you from the look of that pic....

OLE'KR
1st May 2007 02:59 PM
Martha When did her marriage to James Brolin end?
1st May 2007 03:04 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
1st May 2007 03:57 PM
Gazza >Now 65, Streisand is the music industry's biggest-selling female artist , and second only to Elvis Presley in the all-time charts, ahead of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

what absolute bollocks.....

[Edited by Gazza]
1st May 2007 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
...charges 700 euro for an O2 ticket...
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]

The Stones are effectively charging far more than that when you consider that the obscenely priced Fan Asylum tickets are your only way of getting the best seats.
1st May 2007 04:32 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Now 65, Streisand is the music industry's biggest-selling female artist , and second only to Elvis Presley in the all-time charts, ahead of the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

what absolute bollocks.....

[Edited by Gazza]

Does this mean you aren't going to see Babs?
1st May 2007 05:20 PM
sammy davis jr. People....people screwing people.......
1st May 2007 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
People....people screwing people.......

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

1st May 2007 05:58 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

There is only one!!

1st May 2007 06:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

Does this mean you aren't going to see Babs?

Not even if she was singing in my back garden
1st May 2007 10:34 PM
glencar She's really gross now.
2nd May 2007 01:27 PM
Martha Will Joey be flying in for the show glencar?
2nd May 2007 01:29 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Martha wrote:
Will Joey be flying in for the show glencar?

Martha,

From what I have heard on the streets is that Joey does not leave Omaha...It's true...

Joey?!
3rd May 2007 09:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't understand her appeal.
3rd May 2007 06:20 PM
killerbitch Is she still married to James Brolin? I did not hear she was divorced.

I would not see her if she was singing for free at a bus stop.
3rd May 2007 07:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:
Will Joey be flying in for the show glencar?

He only takes Trailways that way he can "make some change" during the restroom breaks.
5th May 2007 12:26 PM
Paranoid_Android

FOREVER YENTL!!!
6th May 2007 03:48 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I will be attending all London shows!
6th May 2007 03:53 AM
Highwire Rob This thread has the power and promise to bring JB back!

6th May 2007 03:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
This thread has the power and promise to bring JB back!

He will be back to see Streisand. It is expensive, so he will be there.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)