ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My new band... Return to archive
24th April 2007 12:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Introducing The Rotten Belly Blues Band.

I'm the drummer. I've never played drums before in my life. I'm not playing drums now either.

Wait...whaaaaaaa? A drummer that doesn't play drums? WTF is that all about?

Here's what is happenin'.

A former chart-toppin' HOF poster at RO, who has departed from here, plays upright bass. An ace chart-toppin' guitar slinger does not play guitar, he plays harp, obviously. And our chart-toppin' singer(who lives in Tennessee) plays an electric acoustic/slide. I stomp on the floor, and keep time with various percussion thingy's. We all hoot and holler at prescribed times.

What do we sound like? Picture 1932 in the hill country down south. Picture a front porch of a rickety ol' juke joint. Picture 4 guys, out of their heads on bootleg corn whiskey. OK...got that picture in yer head?

Now imagine those 4 guys havin' a chart-toppin' stomp and holler type deal on the porch, playin' the chart-toppin' popular country blues of the time. Songs passed on from the chart-toppin' travelin' troubadors playin' the area juke joints on the circuit.

That's what we sound like. We sound like a drunken 1932 porch holler. You know, old timey. But we don't try to sound like black guys...or hillbillies. We sound like rotten belly blues. Hence our name.

Where I live, there's lots of blues bands. None of them sound anything like us. They probably wouldn't want to sound like us either, they are all slick and electric. Not us. I mean, we have amps and play through a PA, but all of us play with acoustic instruments. We can fit all of our gear in a station wagon.

We did a one off gig last year. But we had such a good time, and got such a positive response, that we decided to get together and do some more shows. So May is the month of The Rotten Belly Blues Band. We have 6 shows lined up now...a few more are being finalized. If this goes well, we'll do it again in November.

We don't really practice or anything, seein' as how our chart-toppin' front man/songwriter lives about 900 miles away. But that don't make no mess for us. The style of music that we play...well, there's only really about 6 songs, and we know 'em all. So what is the point in practice. Actually, practice would probably hurt more than it helps...we tend to improvise a lot.

Our one off gig was recorded for audio, and filmed for DVD. The plan is to do some more chart-toppin' recording and filming to put together for sale during our November chart-toppin' gigs. I think I'm gonna make up some t-shirts too.

So if any of ya's are gonna be in Central PA during the month of May, come see us holler atcha. And buy the band some rot gut, that shit makes us better.
24th April 2007 12:03 PM
Joey
Cool !!!!!!

Congratulations SS

Do you play drums as well as Buddy Rich , Charlie Watts , Keith Moon , Zak Starkey ?!

www.oldcrowmedicineshow.com

Developing ...................................

J . " Snazzy " Fly !

[Edited by Joey]
24th April 2007 12:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, I don't play drums at all.
24th April 2007 12:11 PM
Joey " No, I don't play drums at all. "

24th April 2007 12:13 PM
GotToRollMe Sounds like some chart-toppin', hootin'n'hollerin' fun! Groove on, baby!
24th April 2007 12:19 PM
Nellcote SS, what a wicked pissa idea.
You are doing what many here have always wanted to, but have not gotten to gumption to do.
Nothing better than old blues.
Put me down for a shirt, xl, as well as any
audio/video you may have.
I am close to two blues clubs, here in the Aruba of the North, each being under 10 miles from me.
If you desire to come up North, I would lay ground work for you....

Cheers!
24th April 2007 01:37 PM
Throwaway Sounds cool, SS. Please keep us updated on show dates, gems in setlists, etc
24th April 2007 04:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot We did a pretty kickin' St. James Infirmary Blues last time out...but I have no idea what we'll do for a setlist this time around.

It's one of those thing where Piatt(our singer/guitar player)just starts off and we all jump in and follow. So for the most part we just play whatever he feels like playin'. Like I said before, there's only really about 6 different old country blues songs, so it's not like a setlist is really very important.
24th April 2007 05:01 PM
Joey

Is fleabit in the band ?!
24th April 2007 05:26 PM
Starbuck play free bird! free bird!
24th April 2007 06:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, JoeJoe...Flea's the bass player.

Sorry Bucky...Freebird is about 45 years too young to make our setlist. But thanks for askin'.
24th April 2007 07:03 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Sorry Bucky...Freebird is about 45 years too young to make our setlist. But thanks for askin'.

How 'bout Smoke On The Stairway To Freebird?

Riffy
24th April 2007 10:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pictures Sir... Please
24th April 2007 10:10 PM
Throwaway If you can get some clips of your band playing, mp3 or video, I suggest creating a myspace for your guys. I'll be in Cumberland Co a couple times this May, hopefully I can check the band out.
25th April 2007 06:55 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, JoeJoe...Flea's the bass player.

Please give my fellow UBA Liberal Democrat and Dearest C10 Brother , the legendary , Fleabit Peanut Monkey my love .

Tell him we only have eighteen more months to go until we re- capture the WHITE HOUSE and then everything will be right again ( RESTORE THE ORDER !!!! ).

YES !!!!!!

www.oldcrowmedicineshow.com

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
26th April 2007 07:50 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Sounds cool, SS. Please keep us updated on show dates, gems in setlists, etc

concert sellouts? firesales? tarpage?
26th April 2007 10:30 AM
Joey " concert sellouts? firesales? tarpage?"

5th May 2007 02:59 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, JoeJoe...Flea's the bass player.

How'd you manage to pull him away from the Chili's? Nice cameo in "Back to the Future II"!!!
7th May 2007 08:24 AM
marko Well,all i hope,that i can see you goys,when i get there
next time,!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)