ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I don't see the problem Return to archive
May 9th, 2005 12:38 PM
nankerphelge A group of suburban Marylanders has finally chased off the devil.

As previously reported in Out There, the accursed residents of Satan Wood Drive in Columbia, near Baltimore, had finally decided to change their street name after nearly 30 years.

On April 14, salvation arrived in the form of a Howard County Department of Planning and Zoning (search) decision that the street would henceforth be called "Satinwood Drive," which was meant to have been the name all along.

"It's done, we're glad about it and we're happy campers now," resident Barbara Chapman told the Baltimore Sun.

Even better, it didn't cost the residents a dime — the town's developer picked up most of the $2,500 in fees, and the rest of the fees were waived.

"We're very excited, and it made us feel good that the county did this, because it's not a big issue compared to what they usually deal with," Paige Murphy, who's lived on the street for five years, told the Howard County Times.

Last week, a county crew installed two new street signs. Only one old one had to be replaced, because the other "Satan Wood" sign was stolen after news reports on the neighborhood in February.

"I'm having a devil of a time getting this sign off," a worker told WBAL-TV of Baltimore.

The neighborhood plans to have a block party in a couple of weeks.

"It's going to be nice to finally not have to say, 'Yeah, I live on Satan Wood,'" Fran Aycock said to WBAL. "I'm quite sure our housing prices will go up from this one-letter change."

May 9th, 2005 12:50 PM
J.J.Flash How big is the population of this town?

I too can't see the problem. =====>
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour