ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lucinda Williams "Live At the Fillmore" Return to archive
May 9th, 2005 08:34 AM
Gazza

Just out today.

WOW!!

What a great album!!

Eight months overdue and even for those of us who already had the audience recordings of the 3 shows taped for this release, WELL worth getting.

Nice sleevenote by Elvis Costello...
"...her rock and roll vocal style will shake up any band in a fashion that I can only compare to Keith Richards' guitar playing"
May 9th, 2005 10:21 AM
gimmekeef Gazza. I would like to download a few tracks from this album thru ITunes....Any suggestions as to the strongest tracks?..Thanks
May 9th, 2005 10:38 AM
Gazza well, I've only heard it once so far..so

On first impressions, theres quite a rollicking version of "Changed the locks" which I particularly liked.

"Ventura", "Pineola" and "Out of Touch" are really excellent too.

Over all, I preferred disc 1 in general.

This woman is as cool as fuck. If only there were more artists like her.

Cant wait to see her in July.
May 9th, 2005 10:45 AM
Saint Sway Gazza, thats a great quote from Costello. Lucinda is definately the female Keith. She lives it. Breathes it. She rocks.

her great, great song "Real Live Bleeding Fingers" sounds like it could of been written about Keith.

I remember a few years ago when she was on tour with Neil Young she was dedicating that song in concert to her friend Marc Ford of the Black Crowes.
May 9th, 2005 02:40 PM
72Tele "Real Live Bleeding Fingers" was written about the great Paul Westerberg. I have seen Lucinda mention it many times in print. And I have also read Paul talking about it. And as for Itunes I just looked and Lucinda in no where to be found. Shame, Shame, Shame.
May 9th, 2005 02:44 PM
Saint Sway yeah it could definately be about Paul. And its weird that she mentioned that its about Westerberg and also dedicated many, many times to Ford at her shows.

fact is, is that it could be about a lot of people. Her friend and hero, Steve Earle definately comes to mind when I listen to it. Same with Keith and Gram Parsons. In a way, those guys are all cut from the same cloth, so its probably a little bit about each of them

oh... and Lucinda is definately on iTunes. Almost her entire catalog, in fact. Check again, shes there.
May 9th, 2005 06:13 PM
Bloozehound coolers, I still need to pick up that Los Lobos live at the Fillmore dvd too

btw

there's a Lucinda live from Austin, Tx DVD in coming out manana ~ May 10th

May 9th, 2005 06:14 PM
Gazza out over here NEXT week
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour