ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: press conference broadcast Return to archive
May 6th, 2005 04:02 PM
moy Does anybody here know about a webcast?

This id from and article from the Charlotte Observer

Posted on Fri, May. 06, 2005

R E L A T E D C O N T E N T
Mick Jagger
Mick Jagger
R E L A T E D L I N K S
• Challengers shake up local radio ratings

Rolling Stones coming to Charlotte

Fall date at new arena to be revealed Tuesday

JEFF ELDER
Staff Writer

Some say the uptown arena will never bring Charlotte satisfaction. On at least one night this fall, they will be wrong.

The Rolling Stones -- who've rocked from the '60s until their own 60s -- will strut into the new arena as its first big act. Sources close to the concert tell the Observer that Mick Jagger and the boys will announce a new tour on Tuesday that includes a Charlotte stop.

Other details about the show -- including the date -- will be announced Tuesday in a live, televised news conference. Bobcats "premium" ticketholders will most likely have first shot at tickets, as happened with U2, the sources say. The 17,000 tickets to that show sold out in 59 minutes. Information on how to buy tickets will be announced at the news conference.

The autumn Stones concert will precede the Dec. 12 concert by U2, the band that some critics say supplanted the grizzled Stones as the "world's greatest rock 'n' roll band."

Not a bad pair of back-to-back shows. (Although one could argue it's now time for some youth.)

The band is expected to perform during the news conference at New York's Juilliard School of music. In the past, the Stones' tour announcements have been sideshows the size of Jagger's legendary lips. (In 2002 the band circled a New York park in a blimp emblazoned with their logo.) The Bobcats will host an invitation-only lunchtime party Tuesday at Brixx Pizza uptown. The festivities will be broadcast on the Bobcats' digital cable network, CSET.

This isn't the first time the Stones have helped to christen a Charlotte sports venue. In October 1997, the band rocked Ericsson Stadium, breaking in the Panthers' home as its first big music act.

The band played the Queen City two other times. In 1999 they played the Coliseum -- and top tickets soared to $250 apiece, highest ever for the venue. (An Observer critic raved that the basketball arena was the perfect venue to see the Stones.)

And way back in 1972, the Stones played the old coliseum. Their opening act? A 22-year-old named Stevie Wonder.
[Edited by moy]
May 6th, 2005 04:03 PM
glencar Hmm, drive 600 miles to Charlotte or look for some upload on the internet?
May 6th, 2005 04:21 PM
KeithRichards I wrote an email to MTV if they'll do a live broadcast.
If I get a response I'll tell you.
May 6th, 2005 04:34 PM
J.J.Flash CNN is so serious, right? They would never broadcast this press conf. would they?
May 6th, 2005 04:35 PM
glencar Never. It'll be somewhere on the net, I'm sure.
May 6th, 2005 05:24 PM
Angiegirl CNN had a 12 second-snippet last time in 2002, shortly after the pc had finished, nothing live. They also 'rolled' the news at the bottom of the screen.
May 6th, 2005 10:34 PM
Soldatti
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
I wrote an email to MTV if they'll do a live broadcast.

Sadly that won't happen.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour