ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 3 Live Songs At Press Conference Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 6th, 2005 01:53 PM
gimmekeef Dougs board has a posting claiming inside info re there being 3 live songs played Tuesday....Riffhard...taking a recorder?????..Bring on those mp3's..If true wonder if we'll hear the "new" single ....
May 6th, 2005 01:58 PM
glencar I'm sure they'll perform the new song if they actually do paly live. I hate to say it but I think U2's recent NYC action is forcing this on the Stones. Not that I mind if they play live; just the idea that they have to do what U2 did.
May 6th, 2005 02:03 PM
charlotte I do not see it as :what U2 did, in fact U2 did what the stones had done 33 years ago...
May 6th, 2005 02:04 PM
gimmekeef If true you'd think they'd be holed up around NYC this week end practicing?..or perhaps out at Keiths in CT????
May 6th, 2005 02:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dougs board has a posting claiming inside info re there being 3 live songs played Tuesday....Riffhard...taking a recorder?????..Bring on those mp3's..If true wonder if we'll hear the "new" single ....

Well.... fellow Riffy surely will have a recorder...

He just need an extra tape.

Sounds promising
May 6th, 2005 02:10 PM
glencar
quote:
charlotte wrote:
I do not see it as :what U2 did, in fact U2 did what the stones had done 33 years ago...

Charlotte, I didn't feel the need to state that U2 ripped off the Stones. It's a given. We all know they did.
May 6th, 2005 02:10 PM
charlotte good point!!
May 6th, 2005 02:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
charlotte wrote:
good point!!

none of the "well known" insiders have mentioned anything regarding a performance, i for one would be shocked to see this happen unless they do something similar to the 75 TOTA anouncement.
May 6th, 2005 02:39 PM
Dan Wait til we break the bad news to Ian - they havent been recording in Paris the past few months after all, they were rehearsing the 3 songs for the press conference.
May 6th, 2005 02:41 PM
glencar Some of teh press mentions have cited a 3 song performance. Check the links on shidobe. Not that the media is all that reliable but still, a short perf looks likely.
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
Wait til we break the bad news to Ian - they havent been recording in Paris the past few months after all, they were rehearsing the 3 songs for the press conference.

it will be a sad day indeed!
glencar He'll be too stupid to let it bother him! LOL
May 6th, 2005 02:42 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

none of the "well known" insiders have mentioned anything regarding a performance, i for one would be shocked to see this happen unless they do something similar to the 75 TOTA anouncement.

My baby is back!!! I was so worried!

As you may know.....the inspiration took friday OFF......

Anyway...let him enjoy it...whatever he does.....
May 6th, 2005 02:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

My baby is back!!! I was so worried!

As you may know.....the inspiration took friday OFF......

Anyway...let him enjoy it...whatever he does.....

glad to be back! had to take a last minute trip to St Louis to visit some clients, but i am back baby!

our baby joey is not in the office today, i suspect he is destroying all his macca memorabilia, either that or IBS
May 6th, 2005 03:12 PM
Riffhard Well things have obviously changed as far as the Bryant Park rumour is concerned. I have been told that the NYPD had some security issues with the Bryant Park plan,but the Stones were originaly planning on hold the PC there,and yes voodooo there WILL be a live performance according to the label reps that I have spoken to!!! Yes I will be rolling tape at the PC. However,there is no doubt that this will be available to everyone regardless. I will provide pictures,and any and all video/audio feeds that I record.

So who all is going to be there?! Time to plan a little meet and drink session!

Riffhard
May 6th, 2005 03:13 PM
glencar Is it worth going if I'm not a member of the evil media? I hate just hanging around while all the action is inside.
May 6th, 2005 10:23 PM
Soldatti You're a good source for the mini show Riffhard, we count on you.
May 7th, 2005 02:04 AM
IanBillen
What are they going to do stand around up there on stage and answer questions the press throw at them after they play like it is some type of audition?

That is somewhat corney. I think if they do play live they will answer questions somewhere eles in the press conference area after they do their live bit.

I didn't think they would play live at a press conference again.

Ian
May 7th, 2005 07:49 AM
luxury1 glencar--throbby and I are going. WHy dont you join us on the sidewalk. We, too, feel a bit foolish, with no press passes, et al, but just in case the Stones need a little fan base to play to, we shall be there. Bring your laptop,--we dont have one. This way, we can log onto RS.com, in case we are "missing" any of the news from the PC while we are standing on the sidewalk like the fans we are...

Riffy--throbby and I will be there!--looks like a nice day weather-wise. WHere and when for a meet??
May 7th, 2005 07:24 PM
glencar Luxury, I will try to make it but I have no lap top. There will plenty of technogeeks with one.
May 7th, 2005 11:39 PM
Stonesdoug Darryl is the only non-Stone who will be part of the performance Tuesday.
May 8th, 2005 05:37 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Darryl is the only non-Stone who will be part of the performance Tuesday.

........NO CHUCK
May 8th, 2005 07:01 AM
wisertime Great news if they play songs of the new album. I hope there will be a broadcast on internet. Can't wait 'till tuesday.
May 8th, 2005 10:19 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:

Thanks for the info Stonesdoug!

Sounds like we'll be hearing some real rock'n'roll and I for one am really, really excited... it's the best way for the Stones to show the world's cynics what they really are and that they still 'got' it. All we need now at the press conference is Sam Cutler:

"And now... The greatest rock'n'roll band in the world..."
May 8th, 2005 10:38 AM
Mr Jimmy I forgot to mention that Q107 in Toronto will have a live broadcast of the press conference. You can also go to http://www.q107.com to listen it via internet etc.
May 8th, 2005 11:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:

does this mean that Chuck is now officially a Stone?
May 8th, 2005 12:35 PM
gimmekeef Gazza, you tryin to ruin Mothers Day with Chuck in the Stones rumors?.....lol......
May 8th, 2005 04:28 PM
kath gack!!!! no chuck/stones stories.....please

i mean, i don't mind chuck, but he is NOT a stone....

the only keyboard player ever a stone was stu.
May 8th, 2005 07:00 PM
Bitch I'm going to the Press Conference on Tuesday, and I have no invitation, pass, or ticket but I will try and fake it somehow, $$$ or sneak my way in. If not I'll hang out with the other fans. I have a laptop (wireless)- should I bring it? I have a WRAT T-shirt I can wear, so please any of you who go look for me, OK? For those of you who are going, how can recognize you?
May 8th, 2005 07:47 PM
BrianJonesForever I'm here in NY. Where is the press conferance? I'd love to get on that sidewalk! what time should I be there?? Thanks so much!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour