ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry Lee Lewis Return to archive
May 6th, 2005 01:03 PM
FPM C10 www.jerryleelewis.nl

Jerry's long-awaited new CD The Pilgrim will be released in the summer of 2005. It will contain 21 tracks. The following 21 guest artists have contributed to the album:
B. B. King
Bruce Springsteen
Mick Jagger
Ronnie Wood
Neil Young
Toby Keith
John Fogerty
Keith Richards
Robbie Robertson
Merle Haggard
Kid Rock
Rod Stewart
Willie Nelson
George Jones
Little Richard
Delaney Bramlett
Buddy Guy
Don Henley
Kris Kristofferson
Eric Clapton
Ringo Starr

The band that cut most of the basic tracks consists of Kenny Lovelace and Jimmy Rip on guitar, Hutch Hutchinson on bass and Jim Keltner on drums. Producer Jimmy Rip about the guest stars: "It was 21 of the easiest phone calls I ever had to make. Everyone wanted to play with the Killer." Several fans have already been able to listen to some of the tracks and they are very enthusiastic.

At least the following tracks will apear on The Pilgrim:

Old Glory Duet with Toby Keith. Jerry wrote this song and plays piano and organ in it.

I Saw Her Standing There. Duet with Little Richard.

Pink Cadillac. Duet with Bruce Springsteen.

Travelin' Band. Duet with John Fogerty.

A Couple More Years. Duet with Willie Nelson.

The Pilgrim. Duet with Kris Kristofferson.

Rock 'n' Roll. Led Zeppelin song.

Evening Gown. Duet with Mick Jagger. Ron Wood plays slide-guitar.

That's What Makes An Irish Heart Sing. Van Morrison song.

Before The Night Is Over. Piano and organ by Jerry. An earlier version appeared on the record Keeps Rockin' (1978).

Trouble In Mind With Eric. Clapton on guitar. An earlier version appeared on the record The Session (1973).

What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me) Duet with Rod Stewart. Only piano and vocals. An earlier version appeared on the record Another Place, Another Time (1968).

Hadacol Boogie With Buddy Guy on guitar. Bill Nettles song.

Lost Highway Duet with Delaney Bramlett. Only piano and vocals.

Honky Tonk Women Duet with Kid Rock. With James Stroud, the president of DreamWorks Nashville, on drums.

Twilight. Duet with Robbie Robertson.

That Kind Of Fool. A new take of the song that also appeared on the record Odd Man In (1975)

Sweet Little Sixteen. A new take of the well-known Chuck Berry song that Jerry recorded several times during his career. With Ringo Starr on drums and Ivan Neville on organ.

The following tracks have also been recorded (and might appear on future releases):

Why You Been Gone So Long. A new take of the song that als appeared on the record My Fingers Do The Talkin' (1982)

Roll Over Beethoven. Jerry recorded this Chuck Berry song during the same session as Sweet Little Sixteen. He was backed by the band (see above), supplemented with Ringo Starr, Ivan Neville and Nils Lofgren.

Miss The Mississippi And You. A new take of the song that also appeared on the CD Young Blood (1995). Only piano and vocals.

Keep Your Hands To Yourself. Georgia Satelites song.

Last Cheater's Waltz A new take of the song that also appeared on the record Keeps Rockin' (1978)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You can pretty much tell from reading the songs and guest stars which ones are going to suck and which ones might be worthwhile. Evening Gown sounds the most interesting to me, but I thought that 6 years ago when they recorded it! (or was it only 3?)
May 7th, 2005 12:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well. ...certainly alot of talent packed in one place. I'm just not sure about these types of albums though.
May 7th, 2005 02:13 PM
Gazza some of those types of albums work out great

Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl" springs to mind, plus Cash's last few albums of course
May 8th, 2005 07:08 AM
wisertime His performance during the Willie Nelson TV broadcast last year was awful. And Kid Rock !!?? Why ???!!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour