ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: for your next stonesian dinner party... Return to archive
May 5th, 2005 07:56 PM
stonedinaustralia Goat's Head Soup

1 skinned and well-scrubbed goat head
1 gallon water

2 tablespoons white vinegar

Salt and black pepper, to taste

1 pound unsalted butter

4 medium onions, coarsely chopped

2 medium bell peppers, seeded and medium chopped

4 large carrots, peeled and large diced

1 head of garlic, peeled, smashed and minced

2 quarts water

6 Irish potatoes, peeled and large diced

6 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped

1 cup tomato sauce

1/2 cup chopped parsley

1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce

5 sprigs fresh thyme

6 whole cloves

1/2 cup flour

In a large pot, combine 1 gallon water, vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil, add goat's head and simmer 45 minutes. (As islanders says, this step "gets out the wild.") Remove head, set aside and discard liquid.
In the pot over medium heat, heat half of the butter. Saute onions, bell peppers, carrots and garlic 6 minutes or until lightly browned and onions are translucent.

To the pot, return goat's head and add 2 quarts water, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, Tabasco, thyme, cloves, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.

In a saucepan, melt remaining butter and add flour. Make a roux by cooking over low heat and browning. Add hot roux to soup to thicken, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Correct seasoning and add more water, if needed. Serve with goat's head in serving tureen. Or, remove head, take off meat with fork and add to soup. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Makes 10 (20-ounce) servings.

Approximate nutritional analysis per serving, based on 2 pounds of meat total from goat's head: 600 calories, 40 grams total fat, 24 grams saturated fat, 150 milligrams cholesterol, 690 milligrams sodium. Per serving, based on pig's head: 625 calories, 43 grams total fat, 24 grams saturated fat, 150 milligrams cholesterol, 660 milligrams sodium.*

May 5th, 2005 08:17 PM
parmeda ...yum!

But I tell ya what, my dear friend...I'll let you experiment with this recipe first and wait for one of your *rave* reviews over it

Deal?
May 5th, 2005 08:57 PM
stonedinaustralia i'm almost tempted to try it pam!!

only thing is i'm not sure where to find the main ingredient - guess i could ask around at our local market

i PRESUME you get them without eyes and hair - 'tho the intial direction to boil 1 gallon water, vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt and add goat's head and simmer 45 minutes. (As islanders says, this step "gets out the wild.") makes me think that the authentic recipie uses a fairly raw head

not sure if my stomach could cope with that

the rest of the recipie sounds quite nice - perhaps there could be something you could use instead of a goats head - maybe if you just boiled in some lamb off-cuts you could make a kind of "white man's goats head soup"

in fact i might give that a go and if so i'll let you know how it is

all the best my dear
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour