ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: from the RS site... Return to archive
May 5th, 2005 04:09 PM
kath
quote:

ON THIS DAY...
May 5th, 1965
The Stones play Atlanta, Georgia. Back at the motel after the show, Mick is asked by the manageress to sign his autograph for one of the kitchen staff. Mick was shocked when she added, "It's alright, she's a white woman."

wow. makes you think, doesn't it? all the changes that have happened over our lifetimes (at least those of us who are.... gulp.....my age....).

and the stones have been there all along....
May 5th, 2005 04:19 PM
Angiegirl Things really haven't changed that much if you think about it.
Still, it's a funny little story .
May 5th, 2005 04:22 PM
glencar What the hell are you going on about? Now Muslims in Holland kill with impunity! The world has been shattered.
May 5th, 2005 04:26 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
What the hell are you going on about? Now Muslims in Holland kill with impunity!

What the hell are you going on about?
May 5th, 2005 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:

wow. makes you think, doesn't it? all the changes that have happened over our lifetimes (at least those of us who are.... gulp.....my age....).

and the stones have been there all along....

And you can thank THIS man for all those changes :

May 5th, 2005 04:34 PM
Phog LBJ will be opening for the Stones at the brand-spanking-new Qwest Center. I'm typing this with Joey's nipples....
May 5th, 2005 04:35 PM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
LBJ will be opening for the Stones at the brand-spanking-new Qwest Center. I'm typing this with Joey's nipples....

W- W- W- What ?!?!
May 5th, 2005 04:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

What the hell are you going on about?

The US has changed greatly. The blacks are running things in some sectors. As much as people from other countries who know NOTHING about America love to pontificate about our "race problem" the fact is that things have changed & it's other countries that need to look inward & start solving their own troubles.
May 5th, 2005 04:45 PM
Phog
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- W- W- What ?!?!

Sorry Joey. Trying to steer this thing away from the ugliness that is sure to follow.
May 5th, 2005 04:46 PM
glencar LOL I'll drop it! LBJ was the first Prez I remember having.
May 5th, 2005 04:49 PM
Angiegirl Um, Glenny? Who said anything about the US???! I sure as hell didn't. I just meant that the world in general hasn't changed so much for the better. Not everything is about the US!

And be nice to me when I'm not the one attacking anyone, coz I have the flu .
May 5th, 2005 04:52 PM
glencar Okay, mea culpa! I thought since the original event happened in the US that your point was the US still had problems. I hope you get over the flu as I just read you're expecting a baby & that could be a bad combo. I have the flu myself but am not expecting.
May 5th, 2005 04:57 PM
Angiegirl NO! I'm not pregnant! I meant expectancies I have of the Stones' quality! Lol, that's funny! Usually my English isn't that bad, but it's still not my native language, hehehe!

Besides, the anecdote could have happened everywhere, especially in those days.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
May 5th, 2005 05:42 PM
egon well if the stones were always there when change happened, maybe they can change the ticket prices as well this time.
(in the US AND the rest of the world)

May 5th, 2005 05:50 PM
glencar Not gonna happen.
May 5th, 2005 05:51 PM
kath shit, i thought it was interesting..i didn't know it would start another fuckin' flame war......
May 5th, 2005 05:52 PM
glencar And it didn't. We settled everything nicely. Relax, my hippie broad!
May 5th, 2005 06:32 PM
kath boy, it's been a long time since i was called a "hippie broad".......

thanks glencar!
[Edited by kath]
May 5th, 2005 07:10 PM
glencar Said with love, of course.
May 5th, 2005 07:10 PM
kath of course.....
May 6th, 2005 04:41 AM
HellsRollingThunder Speaking of Stones, what is wrong with Keith's fingers? Is that
arthritis at the ends of his fingers? With all due respect to Keith,
I have never seen that before, just wondering if he is in any pain.
He looks very happy and enticing as usual.
May 6th, 2005 08:39 AM
gimmekeef Sadly here in Atlanta things havent changed as much as they should have......
May 6th, 2005 09:21 AM
egon
quote:
HellsRollingThunder wrote:
Is that
arthritis at the ends of his fingers? .

yes it is.

as to wether it affects his playing...
it depends on who you ask here.
May 6th, 2005 12:18 PM
glencar Wow, Hard to look at.
May 6th, 2005 02:23 PM
kath his fingers have been like that for quite a while. yes, he doesn't play like he used to, but man...he's still out there playin'....bless his heart and his fingers......
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour