ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The new tour and the Copacabana show! Return to archive
May 5th, 2005 04:00 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Hey guys, look what I found!
For those who do not understand, it tells about the new tour and the press conference. And the best...the show at Copacabana beach!!!

05/05/2005 - 09h51
Turnê dos Rolling Stones virá ao Brasil
da Folha de S.Paulo

Os Rolling Stones vão se apresentar no Brasil pela terceira vez, dentro da turnê mundial que deve ser anunciada pelos próprios músicos na próxima terça-feira (10/5), em Nova York. A informação foi dada à Folha pelo empresário Luiz Oscar Niemeyer, que negocia a vinda da banda.

"A idéia é que eles toquem na praia de Copacabana (Rio), em janeiro do ano que vem", diz Niemeyer. O empresário também disse que os detalhes finais só serão conhecidos após a coletiva mundial da banda, na próxima terça --quando os Stones também devem anunciar o novo disco, o primeiro inédito desde "Bridges to Babylon" (1997).

A próxima turnê deve ser a última da banda, formada em 1963, em Londres. O quarteto composto pelo vocalista Mick Jagger, 61, o guitarrista Keith Richards, 61, o guitarrista Ron Wood, 57, e o baterista Charlie Watts, 63, esteve no Brasil em 1995 (na turnê do disco "Voodoo Lounge") e em 1998 (na turnê de "Bridges to Babylon"), tocando no Rio e em São Paulo.

O site do fã-clube europeu da banda anuncia prováveis shows na abertura da Copa do Mundo de 2006, na Alemanha, e no novo estádio de Wembley, na Inglaterra, também no próximo ano.
May 5th, 2005 04:02 PM
kath is barry manilow gonna be there??
May 5th, 2005 09:53 PM
Soldatti It's the same article around but in portuguese.
May 6th, 2005 02:00 AM
corgi37 What about a translation for your English speaking Stones brothers and sisters?
May 6th, 2005 07:18 AM
J.J.Flash Corgi....I'm still at home....when I get to the office, I will translate if you want...anyway, there's nothing new.

Now, IMHFO........this free concert at Copacabana Beach shouldn't happen, ain't gonna work......and I bloody hope the management arrange only monster stadiums, for São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and maybe Rosario(AR). Brazil also should include Porto Alegre, south region of Brazil. Also, if the worry is about making the South American leg profitable (they DON'T that though), they must include Uruguai.
May 6th, 2005 10:35 AM
gustavobala i don´t think they´ll go to porto alegre, despite there are huge stones´s fans
May 6th, 2005 02:28 PM
Carol Sigmaringa The bad thing about this free concert is the number of people. The last time someone did that (Lenny Kravitz) there was 500.000 people at the beach. So, if someone doesn't want to see the show from the screens, you have to get there early.
And being an open place, the acoustic isn't the better.
If I could choose, I wouldn't choose a stadium, because it will be almost like the show at the beach (the sound quality). But the number of people certainty will be minor in a stadium...

Carol
May 6th, 2005 02:33 PM
glencar Why Uruguay? Is that where all the money is?
May 6th, 2005 02:47 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why Uruguay? Is that where all the money is?

Why not?!?

Well...since you mentioned money....I haven't heard anything about bad economic status over there lately.....Maybe that's enough......and considering the crowd over there...would be a blast my Blue!
May 6th, 2005 02:49 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
The bad thing about this free concert is the number of people. The last time someone did that (Lenny Kravitz) there was 500.000 people at the beach. So, if someone doesn't want to see the show from the screens, you have to get there early.
And being an open place, the acoustic isn't the better.
If I could choose, I wouldn't choose a stadium, because it will be almost like the show at the beach (the sound quality). But the number of people certainty will be minor in a stadium...

Carol

Carol...Rock'n'Roll + Stadium ==> the way it meant to be played and the Stones are masters on this stuff.
May 6th, 2005 02:52 PM
J.J.Flash Rock'n'Roll shows at a Stadium: It's wilder, hotter, raw, louder, longer, cheaper.....

I'm on fire this afternoon...
May 6th, 2005 02:54 PM
J.J.Flash I shall turn 3K Ronnie!
May 6th, 2005 02:57 PM
glencar Jay Jay, your 3000 is nothing as I near 10K! LOL See you in Urugaui!
May 6th, 2005 03:05 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What about a translation for your English speaking Stones brothers and sisters?

The Rolling Stones are going to be introduced to Brazil for the third time, as a part of the world tour that should be announced by the musicians themselves next Tuesday (10/5), in New York. The information was told to the Folha by entrepreneur Luiz Oscar Niemeyer, who was negotiating the coming of the band.

"The idea is that they play on the beach of Copacabana (Rio), in January of next year," says Niemeyer. The businessman also said that the final details will only be known after a world meeting of the band, next Tuesday -- when the Stones also should announce the new record, the first one since "Bridges to Babylon" (1997).

To next tour should be to last for the band, formed in 1963, in London. The quartet is comprised of vocalist Micky Jaguar, 61, guitarist Keef Riff-hard, 61, guitarist Woody Woodrow, 57, and the fabulous drummer Charlie Watts, 63, was in Brazil in 1995 (in the tour of the "Voodoo Lounge" record) and in 1998 (in the "Bridges to Babylon" tour), playing in Rio and in São Paulo.

The band’s European fan club site announced probable shows in the opening of the 2006 World Cup, in the Germany, and in the new stadium of Wembley, in England, also next year.
May 9th, 2005 04:35 PM
Carol Sigmaringa
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Carol...Rock'n'Roll + Stadium ==> the way it meant to be played and the Stones are masters on this stuff.

Hey JJ,

I agree that it's wilder...but I would really like to SEE and LISTEN the band. I think you can feel the music much more, even being much more expensive. Imagine you're in some place and Keef is right in front of you playing...isn't that great?!?!
I would really love if I could do something like that...

Carol
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour