ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jade treads catwalk to the sound of "Brown Sugar" Return to archive
May 5th, 2005 03:48 PM
Monkey Woman JADE HITS THE CATWALK DOWN UNDER
5 MAY 2005

It would seem Liz isn't the only member of the Jagger family taking the fashion scene by storm. Her big sister Jade - currently appearing in the latest H&M campaign - has made quite an impression on the catwalk at Australia Fashion Week.

The 33-year-old took to the runway for local designer Charlie Brown on Wednesday. Wearing an elegant champagne evening gown, Mick Jagger's glamorous daughter provoked a deafening round of applause when she sashayed down the catwalk. And appropriately enough, it was her father's classic hit Brown Sugar that boomed from the PA when the show drew to a close.

Jade follows in the footsteps of her former stepmother by teaming up with the Aussie style guru. "Jerry came out here a few years ago and had such a great experience working with Charlie," she revealed. "I think it's a beautiful show and a lovely collection."

The designer went one step further in her praise of Jade, saying she was the inspiration for her latest creations. "She is perfect and totally epitomises what my label is about," enthused the mother of three. "Because she's a mum - but that doesn't mean you can't be cool, hip, look good and also be a bit of a party girl. The whole lifestyle, the whole thing, suits what I'd like to do, probably what I'd like to be and I think a lot of women would like to be. So we based it on her."

With Mick's legendary hit Brown Sugar blaring in the background, Jade and Charlie (right) lead a troupe of models down the runway at the end of the show
Photo: © AFP

Charlie says her British friend was the inspiration for her new collection. "She is perfect and totally epitomises what my label is about," she explained
Photo: © AFP
May 5th, 2005 03:57 PM
glencar Feh.
May 6th, 2005 02:09 AM
corgi37 Just think, she was only 600 miles away from me!

She looked fabulous too! Really hot.

And, was rumoured to have been paid $250,000 to join her "friend".

Charlie Brown is a bit of a goer too!
May 6th, 2005 03:32 PM
texile 600 miles? and you didn't make the trek?
corgi - what knd of disturbed, obsessed fan are you?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour