ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger solo Return to archive
May 5th, 2005 07:02 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I bought the Alfie sound track last year in hope that Mick Jagger had finaly done a solo (Soloish) project which was actually worth listening to. I was pleasantly suprised. I thought that he and Dave stewart achieved a cool sound. Especially on Old Habits Die Hard.
May 5th, 2005 09:37 PM
time is on my side Mick has already released something worth listening to. It was a solo album released in 1993 called Wandering Spirit. It's a great album and, if you haven't actually listened to it or if has been sometime since you heard it last, it comes highly recommended.

May 5th, 2005 09:39 PM
Soldatti Wandering Spirit is the best album since Tattoo You, I will be very pleased with a new Stones album like that.
Alfie is so so, half good songs and half crap.
May 5th, 2005 10:00 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Wandering Spirit is the best album since Tattoo You, I will be very pleased with a new Stones album like that.
Alfie is so so, half good songs and half crap.

Don't forget about Talk is Cheap- another great album (without a doubt Keith's best solo album).

I've always wondered what Steel Wheels would have sounded like if the best material from this album had been included. The same with Voodoo Lounge (if the best material from Wandering Spirit had been included).
May 5th, 2005 11:03 PM
glencar Well, since Keith ahs only done 2 studio efforst & one was the disappointing Main Offender, Talk Is Cheap would win by default anyway. But it is good; in fact, I'd rate it above any of Mick's stuff on certain days.
May 5th, 2005 11:21 PM
Soldatti Talk is Cheap is my second fav. solo album.
May 6th, 2005 01:53 AM
corgi37 I think Primitive Cool is ok, but has some serious clunkers on it.

Wandering Spirit i played once, and sold on ebay this year.
May 6th, 2005 04:07 AM
Voodoo Scrounge When I first got into the Stones a few years back. I bought Jaggers solo album Goddess in the Doormay. I was so dissapointed that I didnt dare dabble with anyother solo stuff.
Might buy Talk is Cheap today
May 6th, 2005 04:51 AM
maumau well, you HAVE to buy it scrounge! it's great, best solo album by any stone, IMO

Alfie surprised me a lot, i think it has a nice seventies flav on it. I think it was good to mick to be compelled to keep the same mood for an entire project and not to be free to compile the usual set of songs (rocker, country, pop, dance, folk, bluesy etc) that he likes so much and think is the only way to make an album. So you have different songs, some very good some weaker, but a sense of unity, of consistency that you can't find on B2B or goddess (that by the way is crap from any pov) and not even in the good wandering spirit
May 6th, 2005 08:10 AM
billy why do you think Keith called Goddes Dogshit on the Doormat? On the ohter hand Main Offender is also largely bullshit. I agree with Soldatti. Wandering Spirit is the best album since Tattoo You.
May 6th, 2005 08:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I know its not quiet the same but I went to see Ronnie Wood Do Far East Man a year or two back and was quiet relieved to actualy HEAR what Ronnie was playing. A nice change from the stones stuff
May 6th, 2005 08:21 AM
billy you mean he wasn't drunk at the time?
May 6th, 2005 08:22 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont think he was too bad mate. I was probably in a worse state than him.
May 6th, 2005 08:29 AM
billy
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I dont think he was too bad mate. I was probably in a worse state than him.

That explains why you liked it.
May 6th, 2005 09:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I can remember finding my mate at Brixton bus garage trying to climb into his own shoe. Daam it was a good night
May 6th, 2005 09:39 AM
egon imo, jagger got it right 1/4, richards 2/2
May 6th, 2005 09:41 AM
billy Jagger is slightly the better solo artist
May 6th, 2005 11:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
billy wrote:
Jagger is slightly the better solo artist

"cancel everything" comes to mind...
May 6th, 2005 10:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
billy wrote:
Jagger is slightly the better solo artist

Well, he didn't get too much competition.
May 6th, 2005 10:28 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i like a couple of micks solos especially old habits. but of course hes much better off with the stones.
i saw when he performed alone in SNL. and it just didnt look right not having keith by his side and charlie at his back.
May 6th, 2005 10:52 PM
Soldatti When he went to SNL struggled to keep the rhythm of God Gave Me Everything. I didn't see that in Mick before.
May 7th, 2005 10:50 AM
billy What do you mean by that?
May 8th, 2005 12:28 PM
texile wandeing spirit is the best stones album since undercover........
from godess, don't call me up and too far gone are from goddess and blind leading the blind from alfie are his best since wandering spirit;
too bad they were on his solo because alot of people, including stones fans, missed them.....
is blind leading the blind an old song? i found a dave stewart b-side with the same title from 94......with jagger in the credits;
anybody know anythinbg about that?
and yes soldatti, what did you mean by that? i didn't see the performance.....
May 8th, 2005 10:01 PM
Soldatti
quote:
texile wrote:
and yes soldatti, what did you mean by that? i didn't see the performance.....

He sang his soul out during the song, plus some harp too. He was very tired at the end.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour