ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Club Membership at RS.com Return to archive
May 4th, 2005 03:25 PM
gimmekeef Thought I'd check out things there..says you cant sign up currently and will not be available until May 5th?...Anyone recently sign up and can tell me what they paid then...have a feelin I'm about to get soaked!!!!!!!
May 4th, 2005 05:07 PM
Angiegirl About 100 dollars I believe.
May 4th, 2005 05:10 PM
glencar It comes with a free DVD which was never actually delivered.
May 4th, 2005 05:13 PM
Angiegirl Gotta love the Stones!!
May 5th, 2005 03:49 AM
HellsRollingThunder I paid for my membership and I cannot get into the site to log on
or even register again. Got the email that they were open again
and cannot even get in the stupid thing! It is a rip off joining that
club, they have nothing to offer, one cannot get into the archives
for anything but excerpts of articles, cannot find any pictures,
and it offers absolutely nothing, and they never respond to inquiries. Maybe somebody should start complaining bigtime.
May 5th, 2005 04:13 AM
egon i suggest you all pay more,
and all will be ok
May 5th, 2005 08:46 AM
gimmekeef Egon...thats my point..after hearing Cher say the Stones are broke I wanted to quickly send some cash so that they can eat at least.....LOL....
May 5th, 2005 11:49 AM
FPM C10 Aghhh!!! I swear the god, I'm seriously thinking about doing this, even though it makes my skin turn to chicken.

Seems to me the last tour the ONLY people who got Roseland tickets joined the fan club to do it. And I want to be at that Beacon Theater show, dammit.

Joining their stupid club lets you in on he pre-sale, right?

Argghhh!! I wish I had devoted my life to worshipping some shitty band no one else wanted to see!! Stupid world's greatest rock & roll band! Stupid living legends who define our lives!

REO Speedwagon fans don't have these kind of problems.

May 5th, 2005 12:03 PM
glencar Last tour, you got an automatic membership as soon as you bought tickets. I'm debating about joining this time. The Beacon holds more than Roseland BTW.
May 5th, 2005 12:07 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

REO Speedwagon fans don't have these kind of problems.

"And I can't fight this feeling anymore...

It's time to drop your hard earned money at the door!"
May 5th, 2005 12:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Last tour, you got an automatic membership as soon as you bought tickets. I'm debating about joining this time. The Beacon holds more than Roseland BTW.

is it?

I remember reading last tour that there were over 3,000 at the Stones show there

their website says that standing room capacity is 3,200 with 300 upstairs. Its about 1500 - 1800 when all seated though

http://www.roselandballroom.com/special_pricelist.html

Dylan played the Beacon last week and on bill pagels' site it gives the capacity as 2,800 or thereabouts. I dont know if the shows had general admission, though.

whatever way, its going to be a bastard of a ticket to get. Especially if, as usual, they give about half away to family and hangers on.

I think last tour the only theatre shows that didnt have tickets released on the day were Roseland and Astoria. I guess the Stones have more hangers-on living in New York and London than anywhere else!
May 5th, 2005 12:24 PM
glencar I didn't realize Roseland was that large! It looks smaller from outside. I went to Giants Stadium last time around. I won't even bother with that this time unless another interested party insists upon it. For myself, it's really Beacon or nothing. MSG will be done again the following January so I won't even attempt it on the first go-round.
May 5th, 2005 12:35 PM
Gazza well those dates (and venues) are still speculative

Its a bit of a drag that Giants seems to be on a Thursday and the theatre show on the Saturday. Ideally, itd be the other way around but I guess the stadium is in use at the weekend

just means that if I was over for MSG and Giants, I'd still have to stay in town when the theatre show is on (assuming i couldnt get in)

as much as I love new york, I'd rather be on a plane home than in the same city as a Stones theatre show but without a ticket!
May 5th, 2005 01:02 PM
glencar Tuesday night? Man, that means the show ends at 10:30PM & then another hour at least to get out of there. MSG is doable as is Beacon but Giants is definitely out now!
May 5th, 2005 05:29 PM
egon just pay, after all this is the last tour.... ever

i mean, look what they give you for it;
screensavers and... stuff.
May 7th, 2005 06:27 AM
HomerJRichards I'm going halves again with my best mate. Will probably be the last time that i have to do it.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour