ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Out of Control Return to archive
May 4th, 2005 09:25 AM
Voodoo Scrounge In my opinion this is one of the best songs I have ever heard the stones perform.
I love it on the Bridges to Babylon DVD.
However. I think it sounds much better live than on the album. I find that with a few of their songs
Under my thumb
Gimme Shelter
Brown sugar

What do you guys think is the stones best live song
May 4th, 2005 09:57 AM
J.J.Flash In my humble opinion the best live Stones song should be that on which you don't notice the lack of the vibe present in the original studio version.......Gimme Shelter is a great example.

CYHMK for me maybe stands for the best, hottest, nastiest, most raw, dirty, perfectly technical Stones song ever. But for live versions, I've never been able to witness all this qualities, sounding kinda sloppy.
May 5th, 2005 12:42 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
In my humble opinion the best live Stones song should be that on which you don't notice the lack of the vibe present in the original studio version.......Gimme Shelter is a great example.

CYHMK for me maybe stands for the best, hottest, nastiest, most raw, dirty, perfectly technical Stones song ever. But for live versions, I've never been able to witness all this qualities, sounding kinda sloppy.

I agree with you about Gimme Shelter, it is always perfect live, especially in the Rio 98 show, that one broadcasted by TV GLOBO, my friend J.J.Flash you know this version for sure, perfect isn`t? Killer guitar from Keith ( especially in the end ), nice licks from Ronnie, Charlie good as always, Chuck playing the right thing ( ė`m not kidding )... well, the whole groove was perfect, that ``end-of-time`` air, but... Mick made me want to be a singer when i heard his vocals. His vibrato e strenght made me and make me watch his performance in total awe.
May 5th, 2005 12:47 AM
glencar Brown Sugar is much better on record. I'm not wild about it live. You Got The Silver was nicely done live. Paint It Black was excellent the last couple of times I saw it live. Moonlight Mile, wow! I Got The Blues.
May 5th, 2005 05:38 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I love worried about you. Thats a great song live and studio.
Am I the only stones fan that truly believes that Dont stop was a genuinly good stones song? When I say that to my mates they just laugh it off!
May 5th, 2005 06:54 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Am I the only stones fan that truly believes that Dont stop was a genuinly good stones song?

yes you are
May 5th, 2005 09:35 PM
Soldatti The No Security version kicks ass, you can hear the people doing the "uuu, uuu, uuuuu". Amazing.
May 8th, 2005 06:53 AM
crb69 Don't Stop is one of my fav studio pop rockers. Especially the rock mix version found on the single. You guys left out Midnight Rambler > the best live staple in my book. I also love Out of Control live; more energy. I agree with Gimme Shelter and Under My Thumb '81 also.

The Stones are the best and my buds and I can't wait to hit MSG again. Matter of fact we had 4 flix on yesterday and the Guiness was flowin'. What the hell am I doin' up so early anyway? Later all!
May 8th, 2005 06:59 AM
wisertime Out Of Control is a killer live song, one of the greatest moments during the B2B Tour. The only version of the Licks Tour in Milan is also amazing. It's funny because I listened to this show this morning. I enjoyed it a lot.
May 8th, 2005 09:43 PM
Soldatti I don't know why they droped out this song during the Licks tour, the same goes for Saint Of Me.
May 8th, 2005 09:55 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
In my opinion this is one of the best songs I have ever heard the stones perform.
I love it on the Bridges to Babylon DVD.
However. I think it sounds much better live than on the album. I find that with a few of their songs
Under my thumb
Gimme Shelter
Brown sugar

What do you guys think is the stones best live song

is it opposite day..? out of control blows, and dont stop isnt much better. given, anybody seen my baby, rock and a hard place, saint of me are worse, but not by much...

i hope to hear none of them this time 'round.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour