ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: pix from the bj flick Return to archive
May 3rd, 2005 07:10 PM
moy

May 3rd, 2005 07:14 PM
moy

STONED

Director: STEPHEN WOOLLEY

Producer:
FINOLA DWYER

Executive Producer:
PAUL WHITE
GARY SMITH
ANDREW BROWN

Writer:
NEAL PURVIS and ROBERT WADE (The World Is Not Enough, Die Another Day, Johnny English and the forthcoming Bond 21)

Principle Cast

LEO GREGORY (Out Of Control-BBC TV movie, Comfortably Numb, Perfect Creature, The Yank) plays Brian Jones

PADDY CONSIDINE (Cinderella Man, My Summer Of Love, Dead Man's Shoes, In America) plays Frank Thoroughgood

MONET MAZUR (Torque, Just Married, 40 Days and 40 Nights, Blow) plays Anita Pallenburg

TUVA NOVOTNY (Jalla! Jalla!, Tic Tac, Smala Sussie) plays Anna Wolin

DAVID MORRISSEY (Derailed, Basic Instinct 2, Hilary and Jackie, Captain Corelli's Mandolin)

AMELIA WARNER (Aeon Flux, Winter Passing, Mansfield Park, Quills)

introduction

Brian Jones was the first martyr of rock and roll. Before Jimi. Before Janis. Before Jim. His life was the first of many rock and roll mini sagas that would replay themselves over and over throughout the latter part of the sixties and well into the seventies; all different, yet all frighteningly and eerily similar in their downfalls.
Brian Jones entered the 60s young, ambitious, energetic and hungry about the future of his new band built around his newest obsession, the blues. He went about it with fervor, leading the band and in the beginning being responsible for much of the Rolling Stones' musical experimentation with different sounds and instruments. In the beginning, it was Brian who used his charm to push the band's name around London when many were unsure of what The Rolling Stones and R&B were all about. The Brian Jones that exited the late 60s however, was a frail, unhealthy and ultimately sad shell of what he used to be.
Brian Jones' legend has, as with all young R&R martyrs, grown and his excesses have been chronicled extensively over the years. In the end, the question remains not so much if he was murdered but what other incredible contributions could or would he have made to music had his life not ended so tragically.

Synopsis

Artist, popstar, fashion icon, womanizer and counter culture groundbreaker- Brian Jones was all these things and more. During the seven short years of his glittering rise to stardom and fateful plummet between 1962-1969 he became a music legend- creating the greatest rock and roll band ever, which he later treated with ill-disguised disdain.

Having reinvented the Blues, he turned his back on the world of pop and found more pleasure in scoring movies and recording ethnic music in Morocco.

Described as one of the most decadent men of the twentieth century Brian rebelled against everything and when he wasn’t hating the world, he adored it- an aesthete who loved to tease, his consumption of drugs and alcohol were legendarily copious and his temper vicious. His paranoia was becalmed by L.S.D, which led to paranoia. He became the boy who cried wolf.

Brian’s life was a mirror for the swinging sixties- the world was at his feet but he became, like his good friends Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin, lost in his own mesmeric stupor. Affecting the attitude of a Greek god, he inspired in equal measure, adoration and apathy, trust and disgust, which led to misplaced emotions, confusion and often betrayal.

This is not the story of the Rolling Stones – after Brian died in 1969 the Stones created their own legend- Mick became more flamboyant, Keith indulged his proclivity for drugs, Bill was a heartbreaker and also left the band eventually and Charlie was the Jazzman and musicologist. But Brian was all of these things in 1963. This is a murder mystery about the death of one of the most talented musicians of the ‘60s who couldn’t or wouldn’t write pop songs. He died at the hand of someone he barely knew on a friendless summer night having cried wolf for the last time.
May 3rd, 2005 08:52 PM
corgi37 Looks like it will have some decent t&a, and the chick playing Anita looks hot.

Apart from that, aint really interested.
May 3rd, 2005 09:15 PM
FPM C10 Yeah, it actually looks a little better than I feared, but that synopsis goes over the top a bit. "He became the boy who cried wolf." I also don't think Janis was a good friend of his, or if he ever met her. I suppose he might have at Monterrey, but they never hung out together (like he did with Hendrix) that I know of.

Interesting thought that he embodied the elements of all four of his fellow Stones, though...

I'll definitely try to go see it in the week or so it's in the theaters, and expect to pick it apart and be disappointed by it. It looks a bit like Backbeat, which had some good points but then would piss me off because they would get the brands and models of the guitars wrong. It's practically impossible to make a movie like this and not screw it up.
May 3rd, 2005 11:03 PM
Soldatti thanks for the pics Moy.
May 4th, 2005 12:46 AM
texile martyr? i'm gonna piss of some brian-atics, but this film is going to overdramatize his importance and people who don't know better will beleive he WAS the stones........yes, he started the stones, but sticky fingers, exile and some girls came a thousand light years away from bj....
should be entertaining though for the bullshit factor.
May 4th, 2005 01:09 AM
gypsy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Looks like it will have some decent t&a, and the chick playing Anita looks hot.

Apart from that, aint really interested.

Actually, that is the actress playing Anna Wohlin. The actress is much prettier than the real Anna Wohlin was.
May 4th, 2005 05:03 AM
keefriffhard Monet Mazur, who plays Anita, is the daughter of Ruby Mazur, who designed the Tumbling Dice sleeve, I believe
May 4th, 2005 09:07 AM
Madafaka The cast:

Will Adamsdale: Andrew Loog Oldham
Ras Barker: James Phelge
Paddy Considine: Frank Thoroughgood
Luke de Woolfson: Mick Jagger
Leo Gregory: Brian Jones
Will Hodgkinson: Oldham's driver
Monet Mazur: Anita Pallenberg
David Morrissey: Tom
Tuva Novotny: Anna Wohlin
Amelia Warner: Janet Lawson
Ben Whishaw: Keith Richards
James D. White: Charlie Watts
May 4th, 2005 01:57 PM
Tom
quote:
keefriffhard wrote:
Monet Mazur, who plays Anita, is the daughter of Ruby Mazur, who designed the Tumbling Dice sleeve, I believe

Ruby Mazur claims the design of the tongue logo, the early design
May 4th, 2005 04:44 PM
Gimme Shelter Will this be a theatrical release or straight to video?
May 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
corgi37 Thanks Gypsy, and you are right. She is a uber-hottie.
May 4th, 2005 11:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot So...I take it this is supposed to be a comedy?

This can't be anything other than awful.

I don't even know that the tits can save it from utter stinkdom.

I swear the god, my skin turned to chicken thinking about this movie!
May 4th, 2005 11:45 PM
mac_daddy

almost as good of a thread title as the one quoted in gazza's signature. nicely done, moy.
May 5th, 2005 12:08 AM
jpenn11
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
that synopsis goes over the top a bit. "He became the boy who cried wolf."

The original probably was "who cried [like Howlin W]olf", but was copy edited.
May 5th, 2005 10:00 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

almost as good of a thread title as the one quoted in gazza's signature. nicely done, moy.

That's what I was thinking. "Pix from bj flick." Hmmm...
May 5th, 2005 11:16 AM
moy lol dirty guys
May 5th, 2005 03:49 PM
BrianJonesForever I am not interested in this-looks like a movie highlighting his bad qualities for a hollywood edge. ick
May 5th, 2005 03:53 PM
kath why didn't they get phelge to play himself??? sheesh. talk about cheap!!!
May 5th, 2005 05:22 PM
Tom
quote:
kath wrote:
why didn't they get phelge to play himself??? sheesh. talk about cheap!!!

Come on Kath, he's alive but looks like the grand-grand dad of James in the Edith Groove days
May 5th, 2005 05:34 PM
egon i can see this thing go straight to video.
May 5th, 2005 05:50 PM
rogerriffin Moy do you know when will be the premier?
May 5th, 2005 07:15 PM
kath yeah, but to get the role of PHELGE????

too funny...

what were the auditions, showing up at the studio with underwear on your head???

bless his heart....
May 5th, 2005 10:13 PM
GhostofBrianJones Dear BrianJones4Ever:
Thank you! Thank You! I agree it looks like a Hollywood make
Brian look all bad picture. I have heard this movie does NOT
accurately depict Brian at all. The more I see the stills the more
I do NOT want to see it. I will have to see some really good reviewd before I see this stupid movie. And I agree with the person who stated the lady who plays Anna Wohlin is much
prettier than the original Anna Wohlin. Anyway BJ4Ever, thanks
for the statement.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour