ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Encouraging Euro Tour News Return to archive
6th May 2006 01:54 AM
LadyJane Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses reunite in Europe Thu May 4, 11:51 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Guns N' Roses will open two German dates on the Rolling Stones' upcoming tour of Europe, a role they last performed during the Stones' 1989 U.S. trek.

According to the Rolling Stones' Web site, the Axl Rose-led rock band will warm up the crowd in Nuremburg on July 10 and Leipzig on July 12.

The tour is still set to begin on May 27 in Barcelona, despite continued speculation about guitarist Keith Richards' health. He was released from a New Zealand hospital earlier this week after suffering mild concussion when he reportedly fell from a tree in Fiji. News reports have said he may require surgery, but the band's publicist said on Wednesday that Richards was fine and his condition was being monitored.

The original Guns N' Roses lineup -- Rose is now the only veteran -- opened for the Stones during their four-night stint at the Los Angeles Coliseum in October 1989. One of their sets was highlighted by a Rose monologue in defense of racist and homophobic lyrics in the song "One in a Million," a bitter complaint that too many people in the Guns organization were "dancing with Mr. Brownstone" (i.e. doing drugs), and a pledge that he would never perform again with Guns N' Roses.

Reuters/VNU

THIS ought to be interesting

LJ.
6th May 2006 01:59 AM
Dan So, who is opening in Spain, Belgium and France?
6th May 2006 02:49 AM
blackandblue Guns N' Roses will open two German dates on the Rolling Stones' upcoming tour of Europe... encouraging news?
I am glad I don't go the German shows!
6th May 2006 06:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Guns N' Roses will open two German dates on the Rolling Stones' upcoming tour of Europe... encouraging news?
I am glad I don't go the German shows!

maybe - but considering the rumours and counter-rumours of the last week, the fact that they're announcing support acts AT ALL is an encouraging sign that all should be ok
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)