ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Prince (NSC) Return to archive
4th May 2006 09:37 PM
MrPleasant Genius or pathetic useless freak?
[Edited by MrPleasant]
4th May 2006 09:50 PM
Riffhard He is easily one of the most under appreciated guitarists around. I don't really dig his music that much,but man can that cat play! Oh,and yes,he is a freak.

Riffy
4th May 2006 10:45 PM
monkey_man Goddamn genius!! One of the best guitarists outside of Zappa! Straight freak as well!
4th May 2006 10:56 PM
GotToRollMe A genius. And a freak. A freakin' genius!
4th May 2006 11:06 PM
Taptrick
I love a lot of his stuff but I find I only like 2 - 3 tracks per album.

5th May 2006 12:12 AM
PeerQueer Prince is flat out the single best musician in the biz - and has been for nearly two decades.

And yes, he is a bit of freak, though has mellowed some in the last decade or so.

...He's about 130 pounds - but 30 pounds of that is cock...
5th May 2006 05:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Prince is flat out the single best musician in the biz - and has been for nearly two decades.

And yes, he is a bit of freak, though has mellowed some in the last decade or so.

...He's about 130 pounds - but 30 pounds of that is cock...

sounds like Ava Gardner's quote on Sinatra, eh?

Genius AND freak indeed. The rest of what you said is pretty spot on. Patchy product wise these days, but in the late 80's he was nearly untouchable

Oh, and as a fellow Gemini - I find his taste in women to be impeccable.

[Edited by Gazza]
5th May 2006 05:57 AM
lotsajizz gemenis rule!!

5th May 2006 05:57 AM
egon great in the 80s
not so great in the 90s
sucking in the 2000...ies
5th May 2006 06:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
gemenis rule!!

its also worth pointing out that its the only star sign in the zodiac that has TWO Rolling Stones as 'members'

5th May 2006 07:45 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

its also worth pointing out that its the only star sign in the zodiac that has TWO Rolling Stones as 'members'

True,but Sagatarians are the most outgoing,fun loving,and accessable of all the signs. I am happy that I share this great zodioloogical sign with one Mr. Keith Richards. Thank you all.

Riffy
5th May 2006 08:13 AM
gimmekeef Prince is a "Turd on the Run"
5th May 2006 08:40 AM
TampabayStone Awesome! Great live! Probably my fav performer behind the boys. That guys live show is pure energy.
5th May 2006 10:39 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

True,but Sagatarians are the most outgoing,fun loving,and accessable of all the signs. I am happy that I share this great zodioloogical sign with one Mr. Keith Richards. Thank you all.

Riffy

"Half man, half horse, with a license to shit in the street." -- Keith Richards
5th May 2006 10:45 AM
charlotte The Purple Rain tour
1/4/85
Atlanta
Omni

Let's Go Crazy--Delirious--1999--Little Red Corvette--Take Me With U--Yankee Doodle Dandy--Piano Medley: Free, Do me Baby, How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore, Temptation (spoken), Let's Pretend We're Married, International Lover, Father's Song, God--Computer Blue--Darling Nikki--The Beautiful Ones--When Doves Cry--I Would Die 4 U--Baby I'm a Star (usually incorporated instrumental portion of An Honest Man and sometimes the chorus from Ice Cream Castle)--Purple Rain

Baby I'm a Star and Purple Rain up to 25 minutes each. Additionally, the piano medley included I Wanna Be Your Lover, Head, Dirty Mind and even Raspberry Beret and Condition of the Heart before they were released.

[Edited by charlotte]
5th May 2006 11:40 AM
PeerQueer [quote]Gazza wrote:

sounds like Ava Gardner's quote on Sinatra, eh?

____

Yes - that is where I heard it, though I think Ava said ole Frank was 90 pounds of cock. Ava Gardner in her prime, ohhhhhhhhhh baby!
5th May 2006 08:21 PM
MrPleasant Thanks for the input, fellas.
5th May 2006 08:28 PM
Slavegirl I am a fellow gemini as well and I think Prince has made some of the sexist music ever made. His chicks are hot as hell too.
5th May 2006 09:02 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

"Half man, half horse, with a license to shit in the street." -- Keith Richards

Just one more example of why the man is so gawtdamned cool! So I guess should the need arise I can shit in the street without any repercussions! So says my fellow Sag Keef! Thanks Keef! Is Joey a Sagatarian?

Riffy
5th May 2006 09:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Just one more example of why the man is so gawtdamned cool! So I guess should the need arise I can shit in the street without any repercussions! So says my fellow Sag Keef! Thanks Keef! Is Joey a Sagatarian?

Riffy

I believe that Joseph shares his star sign with the OTHER Glimmer Twin
5th May 2006 11:19 PM
Paranoid_Android GENIUS hands down...proboly the greatest performer today...his shows are nothing short of amazing, high energy...he's a great dancer...better than just about anyone around,,,and has a great sense of humour on stage.
6th May 2006 12:17 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
GENIUS hands down...proboly the greatest performer today...his shows are nothing short of amazing, high energy...he's a great dancer...better than just about anyone around,,,and has a great sense of humour on stage.

________

100% Correct!
6th May 2006 08:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ooooooo Prince is a nasty motherfucker. Definately a genius. The man makes music that sounds like...well...hot sweaty sex.

Anyone ever see the sketch on the Chappelle Show with Charlie Murphy telling the story of Eddie Murphy(Charlie's brother)and his crew getting invited back to Prince's pad after a party? And they ended up playing basketball, and Prince kicked their ass...in high heels? And then served everyone pancakes? Funny as hell. And just weird enough to be a true story!
6th May 2006 09:10 AM
lotsajizz Cream
6th May 2006 12:24 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Ooooooo Prince is a nasty motherfucker. Definately a genius. The man makes music that sounds like...well...hot sweaty sex.

Anyone ever see the sketch on the Chappelle Show with Charlie Murphy telling the story of Eddie Murphy(Charlie's brother)and his crew getting invited back to Prince's pad after a party? And they ended up playing basketball, and Prince kicked their ass...in high heels? And then served everyone pancakes? Funny as hell. And just weird enough to be a true story!

LOL, yes! A great story, and definitely just weird enough to be true!
6th May 2006 12:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
charlotte wrote:
The Purple Rain tour
1/4/85
Atlanta
Omni

Let's Go Crazy--Delirious--1999--Little Red Corvette--Take Me With U--Yankee Doodle Dandy--Piano Medley: Free, Do me Baby, How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore, Temptation (spoken), Let's Pretend We're Married, International Lover, Father's Song, God--Computer Blue--Darling Nikki--The Beautiful Ones--When Doves Cry--I Would Die 4 U--Baby I'm a Star (usually incorporated instrumental portion of An Honest Man and sometimes the chorus from Ice Cream Castle)--Purple Rain

Baby I'm a Star and Purple Rain up to 25 minutes each. Additionally, the piano medley included I Wanna Be Your Lover, Head, Dirty Mind and even Raspberry Beret and Condition of the Heart before they were released.

[Edited by charlotte]

I saw him at Nassau Coliseum on that tour, and it was one of the best R&R concerts I've ever had the pleasure and privilege to witness. What a little powerhouse he is!
6th May 2006 10:26 PM
charlotte M-No doubt about it...blew the roof off
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)