ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Who album (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th May 2006 05:15 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
The Kenny Jones-era is under-rated....yes the band did not with as much virtuosity, but Townshend wrote some of his best songs then. My fave Who lyric is 'Just Another Tricky Day'.

[Edited by lotsajizz]

Great Call Jizzy ........

That 1979 - 1980 World Tour by THE WHO absolutely ROCKED and Rolling Stone Magazine's readers & critics picked THE WHO as " Band of the Year " for 1979 . Neil Young won the coveted " Artist of the Year " for 1979 .

Word .

Jacky
6th May 2006 05:41 PM
charlotte Ranks as one of my all time great concerts:

Charlotte, Charlotte Coliseum

I Can't Explain, Summertime Blues, My Wife, Baba O'Riley, Bargain, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again, Baby Don't You Do It, Magic Bus, Overture, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, My Generation, Naked Eye.
6th May 2006 07:24 PM
rolling who 'Who's Next' is the greatest album ever by ANY band, never mind The Who.

As for Who stuff, 'Quadrophenia' is No. 2 and 'Who Sell Out' No. 3. After that, probably 'Tommy', 'Who By Numbers', 'Face Dances,' 'Live at Leeds', 'Odds and Sods,' and 'It's Hard.'

If 'Empty Glass' was a Who album, it would be No. 3, behind 'Who's Next' and 'Quad,'
6th May 2006 07:48 PM
Lethargy
quote:
rolling who wrote:
'Who's Next' is the greatest album ever by ANY band, never mind The Who.

As for Who stuff, 'Quadrophenia' is No. 2 and 'Who Sell Out' No. 3. After that, probably 'Tommy', 'Who By Numbers', 'Face Dances,' 'Live at Leeds', 'Odds and Sods,' and 'It's Hard.'

If 'Empty Glass' was a Who album, it would be No. 3, behind 'Who's Next' and 'Quad,'

Maybe I need to give WHO SELL OUT another chance. So many reputable people on this board love it so. Man, do I ever wish I liked the Who more. By all accounts I should like them more. But something always rubs me the wrong way about most of their albums. Maybe it's just that Townshend is so pathetic as a person. But I should be able to let that go.
7th May 2006 12:15 AM
time is on my side Here's a list of my favorite Who albums:

Who's Next (Also get the deluxe edition where you get a prime TIME 1971 WHO concert in great sound)
Live At Leeds (the deluxe edition has the entire concert)
Who Sell Out (get the deluxe edition)
Quadrophenia
Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy *this has been replaced by the Ultimate Collection
Who By Numbers
Odds and Sods (the deluxe edition is GREAT including many incredible outtakes)
My Generation (the deluxe edition)
Tommy (the first side is incredible & translates well on stage- from there the production gets overblown)
7th May 2006 01:09 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Sell Out!

Another converted!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)