ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Its Monty Python's Flying Circus... (NSC) Return to archive
4th May 2006 05:19 PM
the good I have been on a Python bender in the last few days. I think they are Britain's second greatest contribution to 20th century culture (behind the Stones, of course.) My 5 favorite skits are:

#1) The argument clinic. This is quite possibly the most brilliant comedy sketch ever written (No it isn't)

#2) Spam Spam Spam Spam! I actually enjoy spam.

#3) International hide and seek. Pythonesque is the only word that can be used to describe this skit.

#4) Philosopher football (The Germans Lose!)

#5) The Cheese shop. Such a senseless waste of human life...
4th May 2006 05:26 PM
Some Guy never really got into those guys
4th May 2006 05:27 PM
Riffhard I am a huge Python fan as you could prolly tell by my footer. One of my faves is the "Funniest Joke in the World". Classic Python that one is. Also,The Spanish Inquisition is great. I agree The Cheese Shop is riot. There are many more for sure.

Riffy
4th May 2006 05:28 PM
the good
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
never really got into those guys

They are the Stones of comedy man! (although they are often called the beatles of comedy).
4th May 2006 05:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
the good wrote:
I have been on a Python bender in the last few days. I think they are Britain's second greatest contribution to 20th century culture (behind the Stones, of course.)

correct on both counts!
4th May 2006 05:56 PM
Jumacfly the rabbit from "the Holy Graal"..Awesome!
4th May 2006 06:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I am a huge Python fan as you could prolly tell by my footer. One of my faves is the "Funniest Joke in the World".

Two peanuts vas valking down der strasse und von vas assaulted.

My list of favorite Python sketches would probably have to include everything they ever did. Off the top of my head I would choose "The Undertaker Sketch", the classic "Pet Shop Sketch" aka The Dead Parrot Sketch("Pinin' for the fijords? PININ' FOR THE FIJORDS???"), Doug & Dinsdale Piranha, and, um, anything where they are dressed up as Pepper Pots.

Oh! And the Twit Race.
4th May 2006 07:21 PM
the good I don't know why, but I have never thought the parrot skit was that funny.
4th May 2006 07:33 PM
lotsajizz Monty Python were collective giants of the 20th Century.....
4th May 2006 07:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot That sir is an EX parrot.

Are you suggesting that we EAT me mum?
Woll....yeah. Cooked, cooked, not raw!

The....Larch.

Spot the Looney.

The Ministry of Silly Walks.

Oi, what's that penguin doing on top o' the tele then?
E's standing.

Know wot I mean, hey? Wink wink, nudge nudge.

OH! I wet 'em.

Holy Grail and Life of Brian are two of the funniest movies ever made in the entire history of funny moviemakingdom.

The Meaning of Life...while not quite as funny as LOB or HG, is still somewhere in the top 10 of funniest movies ever made.
4th May 2006 08:01 PM
MrPleasant A Fish Called Wanda.

Otto: I'm here because I'm bored. Bored hanging around this God-awful city. Shoving Geroge's ugly pic... Talking to a lot of snotty, stuck up, intellectual British faggots. Jesus they're uptight they get rigor mortis in the prime of life in this country, standing there with their hair clenched.
Otto: [finds a letter from Archie to Wanda] Just, counting the seconds to the weekends so they can all dress up like ballarinas and whip themselves into a frenzy at the flat at 4. 2B St.
Otto: [recovering] To be honest I hate them. I mean pretending they're so fucking lawyer.
Otto: [recovering again] superior, so fucking superior with those phony accents.
Otto: [Ken peeks in the room] Not you Ken, you have a beautiful speaking voice... when it works.
Otto: [about Wanda] Son of a bitch!
Otto: [to Wanda, loudly] So, wanna have some lunch?
Otto: [quietly] Have you heard from him?
Wanda: Who?
Otto: Archie.
Wanda: [loudly] No I have to finish my hair!
Wanda: [quietly] No.
Otto: Nothing?
Otto: [loudly] Ok well I'm outta here!
Otto: [quietly] No plans to see him?
Wanda: No.
Wanda: [loudly] Ok. Bye Bro.
Otto: Bye Wanda!
[Punches Wanda's picture, hands it to Ken]
Otto: Oh Sorry.
4th May 2006 08:19 PM
the good
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Monty Python were collective giants of the 20th Century.....

Yeah, they really were amazing. True creative geniuses. Did you guys see the reunion from Aspen? When they knocked over "Chapman's" urn? Funny, funny stuff.
4th May 2006 08:42 PM
kath JOHN CLEESE IS ONE OF MY HEROES!!!!!!!

monty python was great, so was fawlty towers!
4th May 2006 09:59 PM
Trey Krimsin There's a dead bishop on the landing.

All right, Devious. Don't move!

I apologize humbly, deeply, and sincerely about the fork.

I am flying! You're on a wire!

The Semapore version of Wuthering Heights

Funny, he looks like a poof.

To me, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the funniest movie ever made. When I first saw this movie at seventeen, I fell in love with it immediately. I kept watching it over and over until I memorized almost every line. Unfortunately, I lost a few friends after quoting these lines. You can only imagine the looks I got after quoting the Black Knight. Who cares about those people anyway? I have the fond memories of the movie.

Yes, I have no life.....

5th May 2006 12:42 AM
the good
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
There's a dead bishop on the landing.

To me, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the funniest movie ever made. When I first saw this movie at seventeen, I fell in love with it immediately. I kept watching it over and over until I memorized almost every line. Unfortunately, I lost a few friends after quoting these lines. You can only imagine the looks I got after quoting the Black Knight. Who cares about those people anyway? I have the fond memories of the movie.

I fart in your general direction!!!!!
5th May 2006 12:46 AM
MrPleasant FATHER: One day, lad, all this will be yours!
ERBERT: What, the curtains?
5th May 2006 12:57 AM
stonedinaustralia "Now go away...or I shall taunt you a secon' time"
5th May 2006 01:35 AM
erikjjf
5th May 2006 05:50 AM
Gazza SAY NO MORE!!!!

One of my Python claims to fame was when with a few mates of mine we bumped into Terry Gilliam during the intermission at a Bob Dylan show at Hammersmith in 1993. He was a bit embarrassed at being recognised but signed our ticket stubs and posed for a couple of pics. Then we all blew it completely by starting to impersonate the "Knights Who Say Neeeeeee!" and he told us to 'fuck off'!!
[Edited by Gazza]
5th May 2006 10:10 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Gazza wrote:
SAY NO MORE!!!!

One of my Python claims to fame was when with a few mates of mine we bumped into Terry Gilliam during the intermission at a Bob Dylan show at Hammersmith in 1993. He was a bit embarrassed at being recognised but signed our ticket stubs and posed for a couple of pics. Then we all blew it completely by starting to impersonate the "Knights Who Say Neeeeeee!" and he told us to 'fuck off'!!
[Edited by Gazza]

That is TOO cool. It's hard to imagine running into any of the Pythons in real life. They seem like mythic figures. Terry Gilliam is doubly cool - the only American Python, AND a sometimes-brilliant film-maker. Brazil and Fear & Loathing are hard to beat and even harder to categorize.

I love the Python tribute to George Harrison in "Concert For George". It's great that they chose to show their flabby old arses at what could have been a somber occasion. Too bad Cleese didn't show up.
5th May 2006 10:17 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
kath wrote:
JOHN CLEESE IS ONE OF MY HEROES!!!!!!!

monty python was great, so was fawlty towers!

Yup, Fawltey Towers. I must have seen each of those a dozen times in my life and I still laugh out loud when I watch them. Cleese was brilliant in creating and developing that character.
5th May 2006 10:23 AM
rasputin56 Fish Slapping Dance.

Short, simple but hysterical.
5th May 2006 03:02 PM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:
SAY NO MORE!!!!

[Edited by Gazza]

That is awesome! As Cleese said about Gilliam: "Terry, being an American, has a very small vocabulary, and he sorts everything into two categories. Things that are "cool", and things that "piss him off". I guess you guys fell into the "pissed him off" category.
5th May 2006 03:41 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Don't forget their albums! I've got a vinyl copy of that classic Monty Python Matching Tie and Handkerchief, the world's first three-sided record.

Holy Grail and Life of Brian are the two funniest films, but while Meaning of Life isn't as "funny," it's their masterpiece. The ultimate piece of bad taste comedy and one of the greatest movies ever made.

...and also Monty Python's Flying Circus is the greatest TV show of all time, closely followed by Fawlty Towers.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)