ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith News 3:11 pm EST Return to archive
4th May 2006 03:19 PM
budpuffa Hi again, I have been checking around all day on Keith over here at The Cleveland Clinic (in Cleveland)...I did write earlier, but for those of you that did not see it, I work at this hospital and do graphics so I am not in the main hospital. I walked over to the main hospital a number of times and all looks peaceful, I did not see lots of people milling around very few actually, but none that appear strange or a little out of place. I have been asking people all day if they knew anyone in Neurology, and finally hit upon someone that was high enough up in the structure that they knew people. It is basically impossible to get any information due to privacy laws...but I am told Keith is definitely here at The Clinic...for now that is all I know but at least it is something. I also connected with someone that I know here that has a sister here that is a surgery nurse, she is not in that department, but there is constant shifting because of not enough nurses...she will check and see if any of the nurses will tell us anything.

Now I'm going home, but if I find out anything else I will write tomorrow...

Best, robin
4th May 2006 03:22 PM
jb Thanks for the info...........sounds like all's O.K.
[Edited by jb]
4th May 2006 03:42 PM
sirmoonie All the best brain surgery is in Cleveland. People fly from as far away as New Zealand, half way around the globe, just to get brain surgery in Cleveland.
4th May 2006 03:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
All the best brain surgery is in Cleveland. People fly from as far away as New Zealand, half way around the globe, just to get brain surgery in Cleveland.

Yes, I once knew 9 or 10 guys who converged in a back yard in Cleveland for a little brain salad surgery....
4th May 2006 04:02 PM
jb My source indicated Keith declined to wear a hospital gown which opened at the crack of his ass.
[Edited by jb]
4th May 2006 04:36 PM
JaggerLips I just hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Don't be doing daft stuff like climbing palm trees again Keef.

GET WELL SOON KEEF
LOVE TO YOU!
4th May 2006 04:38 PM
jb My inside soure says keith has refused to take off his bandana for surgery.
4th May 2006 04:45 PM
the good
quote:
budpuffa wrote:
Hi again, I have been checking around all day on Keith over here at The Cleveland Clinic (in Cleveland)...I did write earlier, but for those of you that did not see it, I work at this hospital and do graphics so I am not in the main hospital. I walked over to the main hospital a number of times and all looks peaceful, I did not see lots of people milling around very few actually, but none that appear strange or a little out of place. I have been asking people all day if they knew anyone in Neurology, and finally hit upon someone that was high enough up in the structure that they knew people. It is basically impossible to get any information due to privacy laws...but I am told Keith is definitely here at The Clinic...for now that is all I know but at least it is something. I also connected with someone that I know here that has a sister here that is a surgery nurse, she is not in that department, but there is constant shifting because of not enough nurses...she will check and see if any of the nurses will tell us anything.

Now I'm going home, but if I find out anything else I will write tomorrow...

Best, robin

Hey, if you bump into Keith, ask him if Mick ever slept with David Bowie. Or would you be uncomfortable asking him that question?

[Edited by the good]
4th May 2006 04:48 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
My inside soure says keith has refused to take off his bandana for surgery.

And his lures are scewin up the cat scans....
4th May 2006 05:09 PM
Gazza keith was released from hospital in new Zealand on Monday and it was reported as early as Tuesday that he was in Cleveland

Auckland is 7 hours behind Cleveland with the international dateline change, and about a 12 hour flight. It seems a bit strange to me that the first thing a man who has just had hospital treatment for a head injury would do on being discharged would be to fly halfway around the world.
4th May 2006 05:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Auckland is 7 hours behind Cleveland with the international dateline change, and about a 12 hour flight. It seems a bit strange to me that the first thing a man who has just had hospital treatment for a head injury would do on being discharged would be to fly halfway around the world.

Especially Cleveland .

Frig .

4th May 2006 06:08 PM
glencar What does Stonesdoug say about this?
4th May 2006 06:46 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Joey wrote:

Especially Cleveland .

Frig .

The hospital is highly ranked in neurosurgery, but there are two in NY ranked higher that are much closer to home for Keith. Cleveland is the #1 heart hospital in the USA in most surveys.

Guess we'll know when we're supposed to know.

SV

4th May 2006 07:52 PM
Gazza This New Zealand newspaper report from 2 hours ago seems to suggest he's still down under :

Rolling Stones rocker remains in NZ

May 5, 2006

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is in good spirits as he remains under observation in New Zealand after a mild concussion, the band's spokeswoman said.

She denied, however, that the 62-year-old rocker would require a drill through his skull to drain blood from his brain, as some news reports have suggested.

"He's feeling good and in good spirits," spokeswoman Fran Curtis said. She did not know when he would leave New Zealand, but said the European leg of the band's world tour would begin as scheduled on May 27 in Barcelona.

Richards was flown to Auckland, New Zealand, last week after sustaining a mild concussion while on vacation with his wife, Patti, on the island of Fiji.

Various news reports have said the death-defying rocker fell from either a palm tree or a personal water craft. The Stones camp has not disclosed what actually happened.

Along with lead singer Mick Jagger, Richards has been the backbone of the Rolling Stones since the 1960s.

His history of arrests and drug abuse in younger years has given him the reputation as rock 'n' roll's ultimate survivor. He pokes fun at his checkered past by greeting concert audiences with the catchphrase, "Good to be here, good to be anywhere."

He has suffered his fair share of freak accidents.

In 1998, he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling from a ladder while reaching for a book in his library. In 1990, one of his fingers got infected after he punctured it on a guitar string. In both cases, the Stones were forced to postpone concerts.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/710615
4th May 2006 07:54 PM
Daethgod here in Australia we have reports today that he is still in NZ

Richards still in NZ, 'in good spirits'
Friday May 5 06:33 AEST
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is in good spirits as he remains under observation in New Zealand after a mild concussion, the band's spokeswoman says.

The spokeswoman denied, however, that the 62-year-old rocker would need a hole drilled in his skull to drain blood from his brain, as some news reports have suggested.

"He's feeling good and in good spirits," spokeswoman Fran Curtis told Reuters.

She did not know when he would leave New Zealand, but said the European leg of the band's world tour would begin as scheduled on May 27 in Barcelona.

Her comments contradicted reports on May 2 that Richards had left the New Zealand hospital and flown out of the country.

Richards was flown to Auckland last week after sustaining a mild concussion while on holiday with his wife, Patti, on the island of Fiji.

Various news reports have said the death-defying rocker fell from either a palm tree or a personal water craft. The Stones camp has not disclosed what actually happened.

Britain's The Sun newspaper quoted a friend of Richards as saying: "Keith's accident has turned out worse than everybody feared.

"After the tests, doctors decided they should drain his skull. It has given him a scare but he has been told that he should make a full recovery once its done."

Along with lead singer Mick Jagger, Richards has been the backbone of the Rolling Stones since the 1960s.

His history of arrests and drug abuse in younger years has given him the reputation as rock 'n' roll's ultimate survivor. He pokes fun at his checkered past by greeting concert audiences with the catchphrase: "Good to be here, good to be anywhere."

He has suffered his fair share of freak accidents.

In 1998, he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling from a ladder while reaching for a book in his library.

In 1990, one of his fingers got infected after he punctured it on a guitar string. In both cases, the Stones were forced to postpone concerts.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=98777

4th May 2006 08:11 PM
Mel Belli Well, I guess that's good news. But there's still a fishy smell about the whole thing. Why the persistent vagueness? Why no official confirmation of what actually happened? Why no direct quotes relayed from Keith himself?

I understand, and respect, Keith's family's desire for privacy at a time like this, but, for better or worse, this thing has become international media fodder - and the Stones' camp is acting very much like a royal court protecting their Dear Leader.

The most comforting bit about the latest stories is the insistence that the "show must go on." Keith is nothing if not one tenacious bastard -- witness his performing the night of infant son's death in '76.

Still, I can't shake the feeling that there's more to this story than we're being told.
4th May 2006 08:15 PM
MrPleasant GIMME GIMME SHOCK TREATMENT
4th May 2006 09:50 PM
Steel Wheels The lack of the daughters at his side mean that he's fine. Come on, those young girls would be at his side if something was really wrong. There's not a single picture of one of those beautiful young starlets anywhere near the hospital.

Keef is fine.
5th May 2006 12:14 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Well, I guess that's good news. But there's still a fishy smell about the whole thing. Why the persistent vagueness? Why no official confirmation of what actually happened? Why no direct quotes relayed from Keith himself?

I understand, and respect, Keith's family's desire for privacy at a time like this, but, for better or worse, this thing has become international media fodder - and the Stones' camp is acting very much like a royal court protecting their Dear Leader.

The most comforting bit about the latest stories is the insistence that the "show must go on." Keith is nothing if not one tenacious bastard -- witness his performing the night of infant son's death in '76.

Still, I can't shake the feeling that there's more to this story than we're being told.

I must agree, though it scares me to have to....
5th May 2006 04:42 AM
sssoul well ... we're obviously not being kept informed, which is hard to take, but it's equally obvious that it's way more important for Keith and his family and the people taking care of him to have the privacy they need than it is to keep us informed. recalling the way Stones Inc handled things when Charlie was in treatment, i imagine that we wouldn't have heard a thing about this if it hadn't been for that doctor in Fiji being a loose cannon. and once that guy spilled the beans i guess allowing conflicting stories to fly around is as good a way as any to keep people in the dark ...

anyway the reports that Keith is doing fine seem to be coming in steadier now, which is of course a relief even though we still don't know what's going on.

Keith, be *well*
[Edited by sssoul]
5th May 2006 07:19 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Well, I guess that's good news. But there's still a fishy smell about the whole thing. Why the persistent vagueness? Why no official confirmation of what actually happened? Why no direct quotes relayed from Keith himself?

Because it's not important. They confirm he's fine, it was nothing too serious or long-lasting, so what more do we need?

He's ok, and I'm glad like everyone else, so let's all move on to something else instead of trying to find the hidden horror there never was.
5th May 2006 08:46 AM
gimmekeef Death defying rocker!!!!...Thats my man!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th May 2006 09:04 AM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
My source indicated Keith declined to wear a hospital gown which opened at the crack of his ass.
[Edited by jb]

That should be Joey's standard attire..
5th May 2006 09:12 AM
thomas721 An article on Keith and his public relations spinning team: http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1169&dept_id=17776&newsid=16587402&PAG=461&rfi=9
5th May 2006 11:42 AM
gustavobala some news?
5th May 2006 12:46 PM
Steel Wheels Budpuffa's a real jerk off for spreading lies. Like I said, Keef is fine.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)