ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rs.com - an important reminder about automatic renewals Return to archive
4th May 2006 11:59 AM
Gazza Just realised this the other day, so thought it might be timely to mention it as many of you will have your membership up for renewal in the next few days

I happen to have 3 memberships (one of them with a pre-sale still unused) and on checking the membership details a few days was pretty horrified to find that unknown to me my memberships are scheduled to automatically renew immediately upon expiration - $100 for each membership, even though theres next to no chance I'll be buying tickets for any Stones shows in the next 12 months.

I dont recall being provided with an 'automatical renewal option'when I signed up - does anyone else? Seems yet another pretty underhand way of fleecing a years membership out of thousands of people (and then bagging the interest before issuing some refunds)

Of course, a new 12 month membership might suit those of you who are planning to buy tickets for any shows in the US or Asia this autumn, but I'd imagine for most people it will be something you have no intention of renewing, especially not for $100 "just in case they announce any shows" (see the 2004 fiasco)

Fortunately, you can still change the "automatical renewal" option on your account by going to :

https://myaccount.rollingstones.com/

and clicking on "purchase history"
4th May 2006 12:01 PM
glencar I don't care about them gaining a bit of interest at my expense if it gets me some good seats but generally my best seats didn't even come as a result of RS.com. I lucked out with the AMEX presale codes. thanks for the heads up!
4th May 2006 12:07 PM
gimmekeef Gazza...you just saved me a couple hundred bucks my Stonesian friend.I was set to be "renewed"!!!...This is a blatant rip off....I'm just surprised I didnt have to pay to unsubscribe!....Bloody robbers
4th May 2006 12:21 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gazza...you just saved me a couple hundred bucks my Stonesian friend.I was set to be "renewed"!!!

You may owe Gazza a few pints for that.....

4th May 2006 12:34 PM
egon RS.COM,

By real fans, for real fans
4th May 2006 02:34 PM
charlotte Current Membership Terms

Current Offer Renewal Date
Platinum 2007-05-07

Automatically Renewed -NO

I just changed it to-NO but RS.com gave me two years
4th May 2006 02:38 PM
sirmoonie Don't forget the $20 automatic renewal fee too. They waive that for you if you cancel, prior to automatic renewal.
4th May 2006 07:26 PM
Soldatti RS.com is a real joke.
4th May 2006 09:49 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Thank You Gazza!! You just saved me $220... I owe you a drink!
4th May 2006 11:19 PM
Taptrick

THANK YOU GAZZA. That could have easily made my rent or car payment bounce.

5th May 2006 08:07 PM
kath i was surprised by that gazza. but i must say i only paid the hundred bucks one time and i got two years of rs.com, a book, a dvd and a cool poster. i dunno if the ticket thing would have worked for me or not, i never tried it! well, i did, but the prices were still too high!

thanks for letting us know. i clicked cancel.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)