ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stonesdoug Says Keith Is Fine Return to archive
3rd May 2006 03:12 PM
gimmekeef Doug has mentioned that he got an email from a family member saying Keith is doing well and alright....Great news!
3rd May 2006 03:30 PM
jb Stones Doug is a great friend, a greay man, a true Stones fan, and a helluva nice guy. I trust him explicitly!!!!!!!!!!
3rd May 2006 03:41 PM
gimmekeef So true jb..his word is gold.....
3rd May 2006 08:01 PM
kath he has friends in high places, that's for sure!!!
3rd May 2006 09:00 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
jb wrote:
Stones Doug is a great friend, a greay man, a true Stones fan, and a helluva nice guy. I trust him explicitly!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, JB, I'm only being pedantic because you're a lawyer and you can take it, but don't you mean "implicitly"?
3rd May 2006 09:11 PM
Riffhard Hey Mel don't turn Josh into a proctologist! StonesDoug dosen't want the money so Josh will keep it! I too trust Doug explicitly,and implicitly as well.

Riffy
3rd May 2006 09:18 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Mel don't turn Josh into a proctologist! StonesDoug dosen't want the money so Josh will keep it! I too trust Doug explicitly,and implicitly as well.

Riffy

Don't you just love my fancy new cutting-edge speaker phone?!
3rd May 2006 09:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Don't you just love my fancy new cutting-edge speaker phone?!

Yeah it's fancy as hell. Now,where the hell are we gonna park all these cars?! Or,are we just gonna for once let it happen?

Riffy
3rd May 2006 09:43 PM
Turd OnThe Run Doug is right about 99% of the time.
Lets hope he's right again!

3rd May 2006 10:02 PM
jb Freudian slip....but all I know is that Doug is a saint of a man...
4th May 2006 04:11 PM
Jumping Jack Has his hair turned greay?
4th May 2006 04:20 PM
Dan I am glad to hear he is okay so now I don't have to feel so bad about laughing about it ever since.
4th May 2006 04:34 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am glad to hear he is okay so now I don't have to feel so bad about laughing about it ever since.

Laughing?....you mean like re-naming ABB songs?

*This Tree Is Empty Without Me
*Falling Too Fast
*Let Me Down Slower
*Neoconk

Some of which jumaca originated!...Glad he's ok and hope these Cleveland Clinic stories are just that...
4th May 2006 04:54 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

*Falling Too Fast
*Let Me Down Slower
*Neoconk

Thats funny, haven't seen those before but just the visuals were doing it to me, the same way I laugh when I see kids fall off their skateboard or at some of my own previous injuries.
4th May 2006 04:55 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

*Falling Too Fast
*Let Me Down Slower
*Neoconk

Some of which jumaca originated!...Glad he's ok and hope these Cleveland Clinic stories are just that...

you re welcome mate!

Keith seems ok and Doug is THE source.
Life goes on...But I still can t imagine a world without a smoking and drinking Keith...Now anyone to push Ronnie??
4th May 2006 05:06 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-05-04T193951Z_01_N02309188_RTRUKOC_0_UK-RICHARDS.xml&archived=False

Reuters quoting a band spokesperson, Fran Curtis again.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is in good spirits as he remains under observation in New Zealand after a mild concussion, the band's spokeswoman said on Thursday.

She denied, however, that the 62-year-old rocker would require a drill through his skull to drain blood from his brain, as some news reports have suggested.

"He's feeling good and in good spirits," spokeswoman Fran Curtis told Reuters. She did not know when he would leave New Zealand, but said the European leg of the band's world tour would begin as scheduled on May 27 in Barcelona.

Richards was flown to Auckland, New Zealand, last week after sustaining a mild concussion while on vacation with his wife, Patti, on the island of Fiji.

Various news reports have said the death-defying rocker fell from either a palm tree or a personal water craft. The Stones camp has not disclosed what actually happened.

Along with lead singer Mick Jagger, Richards has been the backbone of the Rolling Stones since the 1960s. His history of arrests and drug abuse in younger years has given him the reputation as rock 'n' roll's ultimate survivor. He pokes fun at his checkered past by greeting concert audiences with the catchphrase, "Good to be here, good to be anywhere."

He has suffered his fair share of freak accidents.

In 1998, he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling from a ladder while reaching for a book in his library. In 1990, one of his fingers got infected after he punctured it on a guitar string. In both cases, the Stones were forced to postpone concerts.

I hope Keith is fine. I wish him lots of love and a full and speedy recovery.
[Edited by Lucy_Bandersnatch]
5th May 2006 01:07 PM
jb Doug must alwasy be given credit as he is the ultimate source of all Stones news imo....simply the best...He also treats people with respect and is beloved by thousands.
5th May 2006 01:29 PM
Jumping Jack Absolutely correct!!!
5th May 2006 02:10 PM
Scratched Back
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
He has suffered his fair share of freak accidents.

In 1998, he broke three ribs and punctured a lung after falling from a ladder while reaching for a book in his library. In 1990, one of his fingers got infected after he punctured it on a guitar string. In both cases, the Stones were forced to postpone concerts.

ok...
the question is: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO KEITH DURING THE 2014 TOUR???????????
5th May 2006 02:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Scratched Back wrote:
the question is: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO KEITH DURING THE 2014 TOUR???????????

Sadly, he'll trip over his incontinence diaper, is what I heard.
5th May 2006 02:30 PM
Fadeout_Freedom
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

*Falling Too Fast
*Let Me Down Slower
*Neoconk

*Inatree "you got me in a tree... WHY, baby, why?"
5th May 2006 02:33 PM
Some Guy can't jew hear me knocking
5th May 2006 06:47 PM
glencar Well, all's welll ends well.
6th May 2006 02:46 AM
blackandblue Who is Stonesdoug?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)