ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Positive vibes for a friend Return to archive
3rd May 2006 12:52 PM
Some Guy A good friend of mine has been in the hospital for a while- some positve thoughts his way may help- he sent me an e-mail yesterday (SSC).

So today ia "day zero" -- This is what the hospital calls my "new birthday" because I'm getting fresh stem cells and bone marrow that they harvested from me earlier. It'll take about 1.5 hours to infuse it -- 11 frozen bags.

While they're doing it, I'll be Mr. Potatohead. They'll give me liquid benadryl -- Sean said it's like going to Pluto. If I start feeling like Keith Richards falling out of a 70-ft palm tree, they'll start giving me oxygen and other meds.

Yesterday I was reviewing some music to play during the procedure. Settled on:
- Roger Waters, In the Flesh Live -- Comfortably Numb, Welcome to the Machine, Brain Damage

When I start mellowing out, I have CSN 91 live concert, Warfield Theater, San Francisco. Then Dead Vault 3, disc 2

That should take care of my day, visually and otherwise.

Unfortunately I didn't get my headphones in the mail yet. Hopefully they'll get here soon.

Everything should be OK, but don't try to call me today. I'll be too out of it. Tomorrow (Thursday) would be better.

The doctors say my recovery process should be fine. Of course, in the weeks to follow I'll be feeling effects of the past week of chemo - roller coaster fevers, etc. After 2-3 weeks, they'll let me go home.

Peace out,

Cub
3rd May 2006 12:58 PM
egon All the best to your friend some guy.
I shall hoist a couple to his health.
3rd May 2006 12:58 PM
jb God bless and best wishes....my prayers go out to your friend.
3rd May 2006 01:04 PM
Some Guy Thanks all!! thoughts and prayers.
3rd May 2006 01:07 PM
BILL PERKS GOTTA TRY AND REMEMBER HOW LUCKY WE ARE
3rd May 2006 01:43 PM
gimmekeef Best of luck to your friend...hope he feels better soon....Gee and I was going to whine about setlists....Makes ya think how lucky we are!
3rd May 2006 02:19 PM
Gazza Good health to your friend. Hope all works out for him
3rd May 2006 02:41 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
GOTTA TRY AND REMEMBER HOW LUCKY WE ARE

Amen Perks .

I will pray for your friend .

" Positive Thoughts yield Positive Results Ronnie ! "

Joe the Y !
3rd May 2006 02:53 PM
Some Guy This just in from sister-

Hi, all

Just got an unexpected and quick phone call from Cub. The stem cell transplant procedure went great! Cub is very, very happy. Still woozy and tired, but very happy :-)

The team who infused the stem cells into Cub were cool guys who like Floyd, so Cub cranked up the Roger Waters Live DVD during the procedure and they all got into it. That meant a lot to cub, to share his love of music with the people who were literally pouring life into him.

Also, the hospital chaplain stopped by and said hi to Cub. She worked out a special blessing for him in volving a tie dye. He had a good talk with her, and emphasized the "day zero" theme mentioned in an earlier message. That really rings true for him -- he feels like his life is starting over today. That's why he's so happy. He said, "Wow, now I'm a Scorpio AND a Taurus"

...A bullheaded scorpion... great... (just kidding!)
3rd May 2006 03:21 PM
GotToRollMe I'm so glad it went well for your friend today. I'll send out all the good vibes I can muster.
4th May 2006 09:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This just in from sister-

Hi, all

Just got an unexpected and quick phone call from Cub. The stem cell transplant procedure went great! Cub is very, very happy. Still woozy and tired, but very happy :-)

The team who infused the stem cells into Cub were cool guys who like Floyd, so Cub cranked up the Roger Waters Live DVD during the procedure and they all got into it. That meant a lot to cub, to share his love of music with the people who were literally pouring life into him.

Also, the hospital chaplain stopped by and said hi to Cub. She worked out a special blessing for him in volving a tie dye. He had a good talk with her, and emphasized the "day zero" theme mentioned in an earlier message. That really rings true for him -- he feels like his life is starting over today. That's why he's so happy. He said, "Wow, now I'm a Scorpio AND a Taurus"

...A bullheaded scorpion... great... (just kidding!)

All of our prayers worked !!!!!

YES !!!!

" I love this board Ronnie ! "

Jazzy
4th May 2006 09:37 AM
Jumacfly Gald to see you friend is ok mate!!!
all the best for him and you too!
4th May 2006 09:39 AM
FotiniD Glad everything turned out right for your friend Some Guy. All my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Loved his optimistic and brave attitude too, reading his message.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)