ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stratocaster signed by the band... Return to archive
3rd May 2006 11:12 AM
mummer43 I have a fender Stratocaster that is signed by the band that I am looking to sell. Do you think it will be hard to sell?
3rd May 2006 11:15 AM
Saint Sway you should have no problem. Some sucker here recently bought a football off ebay with their names scribbled on it.
3rd May 2006 11:22 AM
mummer43 It's authentic if that is what you are questioning. I would think that something like this would be of value to someone.
3rd May 2006 11:32 AM
Saint Sway he'll be by in a few....
3rd May 2006 11:58 AM
Sir Stonesalot What kind of strat is it?
3rd May 2006 09:46 PM
JesusMe How did you get it signed? Do you have any pics?

I usually dont trust autographs unless I get it signed myself or I see an actual photo proof of the person signing the actual item
4th May 2006 09:22 AM
mummer43
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
How did you get it signed? Do you have any pics?

I usually dont trust autographs unless I get it signed myself or I see an actual photo proof of the person signing the actual item

It was won as part of a contest that was giving away superbowl tickets. It was one of the top prizes and it's definitely legit.
4th May 2006 09:23 AM
mummer43
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
How did you get it signed? Do you have any pics?

I don't know anything about guitars. How can I find that out? It's white and it says Stratocaster on it. I will get some pictures of it if you like.
4th May 2006 11:24 AM
glencar Scams usually work more effectively in emails.
4th May 2006 12:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot A white Strat? Does it say Fender or Squier on the headstock? Does it have three single coil pick ups, or does it have a humbucker and two singles? Is it the short scale neck or regular scale? What kind of neck does it have...rosewood or maple?

I'd give you $50.00 for a Squier Strat, $100.00 for a Fender, and I'll kick in for shipping too. I don't care if the sigs are legit or not, and there's no way to really prove it anyhow, I'd be getting it strictly for the guitar only. I'm not saying that you are a liar or anything, I'm sure that you believe the sigs to be legit...but there is no verifiable proof(and don't even go there about a certificate of authenticity...worth about as much as the paper it's printed on). I have a Yamaha Strat copy...but I wouldn't mind having a Squier or Fender. But I'd want the three single coil version since I already have a humbucker set up on the Yamaha.

So if you are interested in selling the thing...I will not pay a premium for unverifiable autographs, so my offer is based on what a guitar store would offer for a Strat model guitar...you can contact me via the private messaging here at Rocks Off, and we can set something up. Otherwise, good luck to you.
4th May 2006 12:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
A white Strat? Does it say Fender or Squier on the headstock? Does it have three single coil pick ups, or does it have a humbucker and two singles? Is it the short scale neck or regular scale? What kind of neck does it have...rosewood or maple?

I'd give you $50.00 for a Squier Strat, $100.00 for a Fender, and I'll kick in for shipping too. I don't care if the sigs are legit or not, and there's no way to really prove it anyhow, I'd be getting it strictly for the guitar only. I'm not saying that you are a liar or anything, I'm sure that you believe the sigs to be legit...but there is no verifiable proof(and don't even go there about a certificate of authenticity...worth about as much as the paper it's printed on). I have a Yamaha Strat copy...but I wouldn't mind having a Squier or Fender. But I'd want the three single coil version since I already have a humbucker set up on the Yamaha.

So if you are interested in selling the thing...I will not pay a premium for unverifiable autographs, so my offer is based on what a guitar store would offer for a Strat model guitar...you can contact me via the private messaging here at Rocks Off, and we can set something up. Otherwise, good luck to you.

I am prepared to match SS's offer plus 6.4%
4th May 2006 12:34 PM
glencar I will pay one red cent. I can see a scam a mile away. Don't bite, guys.
4th May 2006 02:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'll see your red cent and up it one red ant.

my pug is getting his stiches removed on Monday, I will send those, one red ant, and one red cent, and a used tissue collection.
4th May 2006 02:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Puggy!

I can save you some Vet costs. I'm sure my Bubba will be more than happy to remove Jagger's stitches for him! Guaranteed never to need stitches again after that either!

(OK, before anyone gets their panties in a twist...this is a joke, it is only a joke, and I'm totally joking. I do not advocate letting your big dog eat little fat ugly dogs with smashed in snouts. They have very small little bones that splinter easily, and could cause your big dog to get a lacerated digestive tract, or to choke, or to get pug snout caught in their teeth. And we all know how annoying THAT can be!)

(For those of you who may be a little...uhhh...slow on the uptake...the above retraction was also a joke. We all know that if you really want to feed your big dog a Pug, all you have to do is go buy him a Sweet & Sour "Chicken" combination platter at your fave local Chinese restaurant. It's much safer for your big dog as there are no bones, cheaper, and a lot less messy to clean up after it's finished. Damn Pug fur can clog up a carpet cleaner if you aren't careful. And you get an egg roll to munch on. Probably a fortune cookie too! Save the white rice! You can use it in a recipe later in the week.)

(For those of you how may STILL be outraged at this point...I'm still joking. If you find the jokes to be offensive and distasteful...then I guess you are a fuckwit and I got no time for ya. Piss off.)
4th May 2006 06:09 PM
glencar I was hoping you were serious. I'm starting to hate pugs.
4th May 2006 11:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was hoping you were serious. I'm starting to hate pugs.

you are posting mroe and more like a "coming out" Crowes fan....this seems very similar to when Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf turned on Hulk Hogan and joined up with Bobby Heenan....I fear you are fast turing to the side of Saint Sway!
5th May 2006 01:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot How about when Brutus Beefcake turned on Hulk and became Brutus The Barber...that was really hilarious. I remember some kids at school being REALLY worked up over that. It was soooooo funny.

You know, I don't know why more people don't see the patent absurdity in Pro Wrestling. Anyone who would laugh at, say, an Ed Wood Jr. movie should find WWE a laugh riot. It's so poorly written, and those wrestler guys are such crappy actors...OMG, I just laugh and laugh and laugh. It's better than any soap opera out there...although I still say that "Ridge" from the Bold & The Beautiful very well may be the worst professional actor EVER.

I will also say this...those guys have to be really good at the physical part of pro wrestling. You can really hurt yourself or someone else real bad if you don't know what you are doing. So even though they may be 'roidzoids and terrible actors, they do have to be a very good athlete to do what they do night in and night out without getting hurt seriously.

And was there ever a better interview than The Nature Boy Ric Flair? Gawd he cracks me up.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)