ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith in hospital Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2nd May 2006 08:32 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The incident has finally been deemed worthy enough for rs.com to mention it (no doubt, had there been commemorative T-shirts to sell of the event, they would have told us about it 4 days ago...)

Don't give them any bright ideas, Gazza. Nice avatar, by the way. LOL
2nd May 2006 10:12 AM
gimmekeef I heard a rumor that he fell while reaching to save his $300 Stones sunglasses.....Not including shipping and handling of course!
2nd May 2006 11:32 AM
Some Guy This just in... Doctors are now saying it could be dain bramage.
2nd May 2006 12:03 PM
Lethargy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I can't help it.

I know they post here just to flame and I know I should ignore.

I'm worried about Keith, however, and those tasteless comments cannot be ignored.

Now hand me a tele so I start whacking some heads.

lJ.

LJ:

I'd like to apologize for my overzealous ragging of Keith. You can't deny the humerous/pathetic side of this, which is what I was joking about.

However, I forgot that this is actually a real injury and there's real risk here, and I probably should have remembered that before ridiculing the situation.

Sorry again to LJ or anyone I update with my comments.

Lethargy
2nd May 2006 12:04 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Sorry again to LJ or anyone I update with my comments.

Lethargy

Can't type today. I meant sorry to LJ or anyone I _upset_ with my comments. Forgive Lethargy, I beg of you.
2nd May 2006 01:18 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Can't type today. I meant sorry to LJ or anyone I _upset_ with my comments. Forgive Lethargy, I beg of you.

Very classy move.

Apology humbly accepted.

LJ.
2nd May 2006 01:38 PM
gimmekeef You know...this for me was kinda a wake up call.Realizing how lucky we are to still have the boys warts and all.Its funny now we know he's okay.Can you imagine the razzin Micks going to give him?....
2nd May 2006 02:27 PM
steel driving hammer It will only make him stronger.

He is the human Conan the Barbarian.
2nd May 2006 02:38 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
You know...this for me was kinda a wake up call.Realizing how lucky we are to still have the boys warts and all.

Amen !!!!!

He is VERY lucky he didn't break any bones ..... I know I probably would have twisted , sprung or broken something .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !~
2nd May 2006 03:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I'd like to apologize for my overzealous ragging of Keith. You can't deny the humerous/pathetic side of this, which is what I was joking about.

I think every freak here at RO was geniunely concerned. And we are all glad he is OK.

but it is a laughable and embarrassing accident for sure.

it was our beloved Keith, so we were all worried. But had it been another 60-something that got drunk and fell out of a coconut tree - say, for example, Paul McCartney - well, then we'd all be laughing our asses off about it and making endless jokes about what a fool Macca was.

but it wasnt Macca, it was Keith so naturally people here are over sensitive about it.

But theres no denying that it was a boneheaded move. Fortunately he wasnt seriously injured - which he easily could of been.

what really concerns me is:
1. Why is there no one around to stop him from doing something so stupid? If you saw a drunk guy in his 60s try to climb a palm tree, you'd try and stop him, right?

2. What the fuck was he thinking? And when is this behavior going to stop?

3. Woody drinking again is also very troubling.

hopefully this is the final blow that gets Keith to stop acting like a 16 yr old. Because he might not be so lucky next time.
2nd May 2006 03:34 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

1. Why is there no one around to stop him from doing something so stupid? If you saw a drunk guy in his 60s try to climb a palm tree, you'd try and stop him, right?
hopefully this is the final blow that gets Keith to stop acting like a 16 yr old. Because he might not be so lucky next time.

Are you his mother?
2nd May 2006 03:44 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Does your Mommy or babysitter know that you use the computer when she is at work? She would be really, really mad

2nd May 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Are you his mother?

You dont have to be his mother to know enough to tell him that he's too old to be climbing trees.

its common sense
2nd May 2006 03:52 PM
Nellcote Coconut-Harry Nilsson RIP

Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another one, she paid it for the lime

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em both up (3x)
Put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, and said

Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take, I said
Doctor, to relieve this bellyache, I said
Doctor, to relieve this bellyache

Now let me get this straight
Put the lime in the coconut, you drank 'em both up (3x)
Put the lime in the coconut, you called your doctor, woke him up, and said

Doctor, to relieve this bellyache

You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better
Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both up
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning

Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another one, she paid it for the lime
She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em both up
Put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, and said

Now let me get this straight

You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both up (3x)
Put the lime in the coconut, you're such a silly woman

Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both down
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning

Woo-oo, ain't there nothin' you can take, I said
Woo-oo, to relieve your bellyache, you said
Woo-oo, ain't there nothin' I can take, I said
Woo-oo, to relieve your bellyache, you say

Yeah-ah, ain't there nothing I can take, I say
Wow-ow, to relieve this bellyache, I said
Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take, I said (3x)
Doctor, you're such a silly woman

Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both up
Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the mo-o-ornin'

Yes, you call me in the morning
If you call me in the morning I'll tell you what to do {repeat to fade}
2nd May 2006 03:53 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch "Are you his mother?"

I'm reminded of an incident that happened at the last Stones Bradley Center show I saw in Milwaukee. Lisa came down the ramp for the final bow and when she got about half way down, she stepped to the floor from the side of the ramp with Ron's help. It was a big step, and in high heels, she wobbled. I was sitting near the front and Mick came right over. He told both of them, "Never do THAT again!" They both looked at each other like children who'd been caught and scolded. I doubt if they ever did that again. What do you think Mick's reaction was when he got the news?Concern, relief, and then? Hasn't he described himself as a bit of a "nanny" with the group?

Also, come on now about age. Have you ever picked up an electric guitar? They're very heavy. In fairness to Keith, he did make it up the tree 5 meters. It was "coming down again..."
2nd May 2006 04:46 PM
Saint Sway just a heads up to any ROers in NYC....

If you have Time Warner cable, the NY1 channel is running a news brief about Keith as part of their half hour news update thru out the day today

thankfully theres no silly wisecracks made. Just a quick note about him being injured and leaving the hospital. Plus, they show some cool live footage from the MSG show.
2nd May 2006 04:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
just a heads up to any ROers in NYC....

If you have Time Warner cable, the NY1 channel is running a news brief about Keith as part of their half hour news update thru out the day today

thankfully theres no silly wisecracks made. Just a quick note about him being injured and leaving the hospital. Plus, they show some cool live footage from the MSG show.

That's great news - thank you so much for posting it!
2nd May 2006 05:03 PM
Saint Sway no problem Gypsy.

its real quick though - only a minute. But they keep replaying it so leave the channel on and keep an eye out for it.

always cool to see live Stones footage on the tele.
2nd May 2006 07:17 PM
Soldatti Hope he's fine now.
2nd May 2006 08:28 PM
the good
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I totally agree.
3rd May 2006 02:24 PM
oldkr according to a friend of keiths that i just spoke to he said that keith climbing a tree was unremarkable!

he apparantly climbs trees often in jamaica and antigua and the T&Cs to collect fruit coconuts etc

OLDKR
4th May 2006 09:16 AM
budpuffa I have never written on this site before, I just read it daily to see what is going on. I've been a Keith fan since I was a teenager in the 60s. ANYWAY,

I am in Cleveland, Ohio, I work at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation (I draw graphics, no I am not a doctor at all)...the word here is that Keith Richards is or was yesterday here at the Clinic in the Department of Neurology having his brain drained. I thought about going over to the hospital, but security will be tight and there is no hope for getting info, but I thought maybe I'd see Patty coming or going and would know for sure. I'll walk over there in a bit and check around, if I can find out anything I shall post to all of you (but it is doubtful, I'LL TRY MY BEST).

It is also all over the news here that Keith is here!

Best, robin
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)