ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith in hospital Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
30th April 2006 09:56 PM
Soldatti Get well Keith.
1st May 2006 10:01 AM
Joey

Get Well SOON Keith .
1st May 2006 10:11 AM
blackandblue Get well VERY soon Keith
1st May 2006 10:40 AM
Gimme Shelter All my prayers, Keith.
1st May 2006 11:32 AM
gimmekeef Ronnie's drinking again?...yikes if true:

Keith's downfall: rum, vodka and coconuts
01 May 2006
By ROBYN MCLEAN

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was partying hard at a Fijian resort when he was concussed in a fall from a coconut tree, holidaymakers say.

Richards remains in a private Auckland hospital after falling five metres from the tree, which he had been climbing with fellow band member Ronnie Wood, while staying at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort.

Two other guests at the resort, Bob and Nancy Allen from Denver, have told friends the rockers "shared bottles of vodka during the day and switched to rum drinks at night".

The comments, reported on a blog site, also said Bob Allen, a doctor, was asked to make a house call for one of the stars during their stay at the resort.

Richards, 62, suffered concussion after knocking his head in the fall and was flown from Suva to Auckland's MercyAscot Hospital as a precautionary measure.

The hospital, which has been inundated with media inquiries from all over the world since news of the musician's plight broke, would not comment and referred all questions to Auckland publicist Lynn Smart.

After their two New Zealand concerts last month, Richards and his wife Patti were staying at the resort with fellow band member Ronnie Wood and his wife when the incident happened.

It is understood Richards fell after collecting coconuts with Wood.

British newspaper The Times said the guitarist seemed "a bit disorientated" after falling.

"Picking coconuts is quite common on the island," a holidaymaker said.

"It's just that Keith had a bit of an accident coming down."

Yesterday fans delivered cards and messages to the Auckland hospital which had hired extra security.

Richards was believed to have had brain scans but was conscious and mobile. Some reports said he was also involved in a later jet ski accident at the resort.

The Wakaya Club is known as a favourite destination for Hollywood stars, and Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and George Clooney are believed to have stayed there. Situated on a private island, it costs about $2885 a night per person.

Richards has been unlucky in the past during Rolling Stones tours. In 1998 the band had to delay a tour after he fell off a ladder while trying to retrieve a book in the library of his Connecticut mansion, damaging his ribs and chest.

Another tour was put back when Richards cut his hand on a broken guitar string and the wound became infected.

The Stones' next concert in its world tour is at the Olympic stadium in Barcelona on May 27. It is scheduled to be followed by 34 more across Europe.

It is not clear if Richards' fall will affect the schedule, but he is expected to be released from hospital this week
1st May 2006 12:20 PM
Gazza Wellington - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was reportedly still recovering at an Auckland hospital on Monday after falling out of a palm tree at a private island resort in Fiji, but nobody who really knows was confirming it.

Photographers continued to stake out the Mercy-Ascot Hospital where Richards, 62, is reported to be receiving treatment for concussion but all they got was a picture of three guitars being carried in, according to the TV3 network news.

The hospital continued its neither confirm nor deny policy and although his wife, former fashion model Patti Hansen, was reported to be at his bedside, no one could persuade her to come out with a medical report.

Wellington's Dominion Post reported that Richards had fallen five metres from the tree at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort after drinking vodka all day and rum at night with fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood.

If that was true - as reported by two other guests Bob and Nancy Allen, from Denver on an unidentified Internet blog site quoted by the paper - they were on their own in stating it.

All a spokeswoman for the band was admitting was that he was in hospital somewhere in the world, having been flown there from Fiji after suffering mild concussion in some sort of an accident, the details of which she had not been advised or was not at liberty to divulge.

The mishap and Richards' hospitalisation have made headlines around the world.

Monday evening the photographers were maintaining their stakeout outside the Auckland hospital and listening - so far in vain - for sound of a rocking guitar or three.

http://music.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1159784.php/Stones_Keith_Richards_still_in_New_Zealand_hospital
1st May 2006 12:23 PM
Gazza Security is tight at Richards' hospital

May. 1, 2006 at 11:52AM

Security is tight at Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, where Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards was recovering from a minor concussion.

Richards, 62, smacked his head when he fell from a coconut tree in Fiji Thursday.

Security guards patrolled the grounds of the private hospital to keep media and fans out, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Ascot staff have refused to comment on Richards' condition and referred media calls to Lynn Smart, the Stones' publicist, who told the newspaper she could not even confirm that he was in the hospital.

Richards and his wife, Patti, were vacationing at the luxury resort Wakaya Club when the accident happened.

He was first taken to Fiji's Suva Private Hospital before being flown to Auckland.

A doctor at the Suva Private Hospital was reportedly fired for revealing details of Richards' condition, the newspaper said.

The Washington Times (UPI)
http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20060501-114507-8822r.htm

1st May 2006 12:23 PM
gimmekeef Guitars going in?...He's okay!!!!!!!!...The next Winos album may be unfolding as we type....
1st May 2006 02:00 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch As reported by Reuters on Saturday night, April 29: “Richards, 62, was treated locally and then flown to a hospital outside of Fiji as a precaution, Rolling Stones spokeswoman Fran Curtis said.”

Can we assume that Fran Curtis above is the “spokeswoman” referred to in the article Gazza posted Monday, May 1?

“All a spokeswoman for the band was admitting was that he was in hospital somewhere in the world, having been flown there from Fiji after suffering mild concussion in some sort of an accident, the details of which she had not been advised or was not at liberty to divulge.”

Then enters another “spokeswoman” as quoted by the Washington Times-United Press International:
“Ascot staff have refused to comment on Richards' condition and referred media calls to Lynn Smart, the Stones' publicist, who told the newspaper she could not even confirm that he was in the hospital.”

And we wonder why there is so much confusion and speculation. Two Stones publicists/spokeswomen don’t even know or are at liberty to say what is actually going on. I thought the Stones had a well-tuned publicity machine?

One thing I don’t believe is the report on an unidentified blog by the supposed doctors/guests who supposedly treated Richards at the resort. Bob Allen of Denver might as well be Dave Smith of Cleveland if you want to use a common moniker. No reliable news source would print such libelous claims unless they were researched and documented.

The only thing for CERTAIN is what the FANS outside Richards’ hospital have reported. Three guitar cases have entered the hospital. Security is tight.

I don't think I'm alone in the hope that Keith will come to his hospital window and give the fans there a big wave. Seeing is believing.
1st May 2006 02:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Guitars going in?...He's okay!!!!!!!!...The next Winos album may be unfolding as we type....

My thoughts exactly. Guitars going in is definitely a good sign. Let's hope he emerges from this latest incident safe and sound (or as sound as he was before, at any rate). Get well soon, Riffmeister!
1st May 2006 02:50 PM
Monkey Woman Now it's clear to me: Earth's gravitational field has it in for Keef! Once he fell from a ladder in his library, now it's from a coconut tree on a beach... Or even falling on his ass on stage during a concert.

Please, Keith, have you considered taking residence in a space station? No gravity, no problem!

Just kidding ;-)
I hope our beloved tree climbing "monkey man" gets well soon!
1st May 2006 03:10 PM
Steel Wheels I'm itching for the first photo of Keef waving at the fans.
1st May 2006 03:19 PM
Joey

I pray for Keef hourly ..................

.... and you ?!?!
1st May 2006 03:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Now it's clear to me: Earth's gravitational field has it in for Keef! Once he fell from a ladder in his library, now it's from a coconut tree on a beach... Or even falling on his ass on stage during a concert.

Please, Keith, have you considered taking residence in a space station? No gravity, no problem!

Just kidding ;-)
I hope our beloved tree climbing "monkey man" gets well soon!

Gravity is a bitch!

1st May 2006 03:29 PM
Gazza Seeking Keith Richards, we can’t always get what we want

By Claire Trevett

The media wait in vain outside the Ascot Hospital for Keith Richards. Picture / Richard Robinson

The bullish doors of Ascot Hospital open and shut and open and shut. They taunt the media outside with the message: "Healing the human body. There is no finer work."

Standing for hours outside those doors at the private hospital near Ellerslie Racecourse, waiting for Keith Richards to appear, would probably not constitute fine work.

A middle-aged woman walks past the dozen or so media: "If it was Elvis I could understand it," she spits, "but not that tired old codger."

Word is that he has 27 (surely not) security guards on his floor and four bodyguards in his room. One of his minders has been spotted, despite his camouflaged pants, parking in a disabled carpark.

Taking three guitars in on Sunday did not help his anonymity. Yesterday it was a brown paper bag and a Number One Shoe Warehouse bag.

After school, 11-year-old Fhajal Singh bounces in.

"Are you guys waiting for Keith Richards?" The media grunts. "Oh my god! Can I wait with you? I’m so going to go ask if I can see Keith Richards."

She’s back in 30 seconds.

Brothers Chris, 13, and Michael Dooley, 15, try to take on the receptionists. "They wouldn’t even let us leave a card," Chris says. "We all know he’s in there so it seems pretty stupid."

Michael plays a bit of the guitar. "They are old, but they’re still good."

Staff are having fun, "There’s no helipad," one says, "so he can’t get out from the roof."

Otherwise those doors just admit taxi drivers with specimen bins, old ladies on walkers, young men with plaster casts.

A courier won’t say if his flowers are for Keith. But a fruit basket was spotted earlier with "Keith Richards" on it.

There were no coconuts in it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=204&ObjectID=10379873
1st May 2006 03:35 PM
gimmekeef No coconuts?..how funny....wiat till Leno/Letterman tonight....they'll be all over this
1st May 2006 05:37 PM
Gazza The incident has finally been deemed worthy enough for rs.com to mention it (no doubt, had there been commemorative T-shirts to sell of the event, they would have told us about it 4 days ago...)

05.01.06 Keith Richards Making A Speedy Recovery
Keith Richards was hospitalized for a mild concussion he suffered while vacationing in Fiji. Keith was injured earlier this week and flown to a hospital in Auckland, New Zealand for treatment. "Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation," said Stones' publicist Fran Curtis. Doctors say Keith is making a speedy recovery.
[Edited by Gazza]
1st May 2006 05:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Doctors say Keith is making a speedy recovery.

Does that mean he's sobering up?
1st May 2006 05:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Does that mean he's sobering up?

HIGHLY Unlikely .

Highly .....................!!!!

1st May 2006 09:08 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The incident has finally been deemed worthy enough for rs.com to mention it (no doubt, had there been commemorative T-shirts to sell of the event, they would have told us about it 4 days ago...)

05.01.06 Keith Richards Making A Speedy Recovery
Keith Richards was hospitalized for a mild concussion he suffered while vacationing in Fiji. Keith was injured earlier this week and flown to a hospital in Auckland, New Zealand for treatment. "Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation," said Stones' publicist Fran Curtis. Doctors say Keith is making a speedy recovery.
[Edited by Gazza]

THANK GOD!!!
1st May 2006 09:19 PM
the good I'm glad it sounds like he is going to be fine, but if these reports are true, he really is an idiot. He was drinking all day and then decided to climb a tree to grab a fucking coconut?
HAHAHA!
1st May 2006 09:23 PM
the good [quote]gimmekeef wrote:

"Richards was believed to have had brain scans but was conscious and mobile..."

I WILL PAY THOUSANDS FOR A SCAN OF KEITH'S BRAIN!!!!!!
[Edited by the good]
1st May 2006 09:28 PM
MrPleasant I thought that it had already been decided that Keith is an embarrassment, that Ronnie is an alcoholic waste of a human, and that the Stones are a dead factor. Who are we kidding? Now, where's that Oasis single I stole from my worst enemy?
1st May 2006 10:16 PM
stonedinaustralia

i dont buy this tree climbing story at all and the version i mentioned in my "tree fall hoax" thread is much more plausible (if less romantic...sounds to me like keith (typically these days) jazzing things up a bit for the media

if he fell "fifteen feet" as some reports have suggested a mild concussion and no broken bones (for a 62 year old)is remarkable at the very least
1st May 2006 10:22 PM
the good
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

i dont buy this tree climbing story at all and the version i mentioned in my "tree fall hoax" thread is much more plausible (if less romantic...sounds to me like keith (typically these days) jazzing things up a bit for the media

if he fell "fifteen feet" as some reports have suggested a mild concussion and no broken bones (for a 62 year old)is remarkable at the very least

I agree, something is fishy here...
1st May 2006 11:05 PM
stonedinaustralia

this in my local daily:

(quote)
The medical status of Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards, 62, is unclear.

Unconfirmed reports said yesterday he was still recovering from concussion at an Auckland hospital after falling out of a tree in Fiji.

Wellington's "Dominion Post" reported he fell after a night of drinking.
(end quote)

1st May 2006 11:11 PM
Mel Belli At this point, with security at the hospital extremely tight and official statments still vague at best, I think there's cause to worry that the injury is more serious than is being reported.

I don't mean to be alarmist, but I've got a shaky feeling ...
[Edited by Mel Belli]
[Edited by Mel Belli]
1st May 2006 11:24 PM
Bruno
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
At this point, with security at the hospital extremely tight and official statments still vague at best, I think there's cause to worry that the injury is more serious than is being reported.

I don't mean to be alarmist, but I've got a shaky feeling ...
[Edited by Mel Belli]
[Edited by Mel Belli]

I was about to say the same thing. I won´t be fine till Keith appears in the window.

1st May 2006 11:56 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Oh yeah!
I know he'll be fine and those jokes about the coconuts and trees are realy funny, but I wanna make sure he's ok.
He's quite a long time in hospital for just a mild concussion.

But guitars coming in is a goog signal...
2nd May 2006 05:32 AM
lotsajizz he's out of that damn hospital finally!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)