ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Get well!!
© Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith in hospital Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
29th April 2006 09:22 AM
Reptile Really sad he's hurt. But what a cool way to get hurt!
29th April 2006 09:32 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I dont know why..but I'm getting bad vibes about this....scary....fingers crossed now....

Not necessary I think.

Posted by 'The Joker' at IORR's Tell Me:

Rolling Stones' Keith Richards hospitalized after falling out of tree

WELLINGTON, New Zealand Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has suffered a mild concussion, reportedly after falling out of a tree in New Zealand.

According to media reports, Richards hurt his head after falling out of a palm tree in Fiji. Reports say he was flown to a hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, after the accident at an exclusive Fiji resort.

A spokeswoman for the band says Richards suffered a mild concussion. She says he was treated locally, then flown to a hospital for observation.

Richards is 62.

The Rolling Stones performed in Wellington, New Zealand, on April 18th.
29th April 2006 09:37 AM
gimmekeef Thanks Angiegirl..thats very encouraging news..the old fart!lol....gotta love him!
29th April 2006 09:39 AM
razorback http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4957948.stm
29th April 2006 09:40 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Saturday April 29, 10:16 PM

Rolling Stone Keith falls from tree
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has been airlifted to a New Zealand hospital with a serious head injury after falling out of a palm tree while on holiday in Fiji.

The 62-year-old and fellow Stones member Ron Wood were attempting to climb the tree at an exclusive resort last week when he slipped and fell, hitting his head, Fairfax newspapers reported.

Richards was reportedly flown from the Wakaya Club to Nausori Airport near Suva where he was treated at the Suva Private Hospital on Thursday morning, the papers said.

He was then reportedly transferred to Auckland's Ascot Hospital on Thursday afternoon where he remained with his wife, Patti Hansen, by his side.

Richards and his family were enjoying a holiday at the exclusive resort following their Australian tour.

Falling out of a tree, great.
This guy is priceless!

Well,

That's really a monkey business!

What in the whole world were the old buds looking for on the tree?!?

http://vid2.crazyshit.com/04_21_06_monkey_fucking.wmv

29th April 2006 09:41 AM
Angiegirl http://us.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/29/richards.fall.ap/index.html

[Edited by Angiegirl]
29th April 2006 09:50 AM
Zack OK, "mild concussion" and "precautionary measure" are a lot better than "serious head injury."

What the fuck was he doing in a tree?
29th April 2006 09:54 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Zack wrote:
OK, "mild concussion" and "precautionary measure" are a lot better than "serious head injury."

Why, looking for Da Vinci's book on anatomy, of course!
29th April 2006 09:58 AM
maumau
quote:
Zack wrote:
OK, "mild concussion" and "precautionary measure" are a lot better than "serious head injury."

i guess he was having fun trying to rip some fruit for Patti
though I am still worried about the man I must say I smile if I think of this 62 years old billionaire pirate climbing trees
Did I understand correctly that Ron was with him in this enterprise?
Be good Keith
29th April 2006 10:05 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Zack wrote:

a good vantage point for some roasting I presume
29th April 2006 10:11 AM
Angiegirl I hope something good comes out of this.
Like, Keith all of a sudden remembering the opening chords of Brown Sugar.

Hey, and maybe we can understand him now when he speaks!

Get well soon Keef.
29th April 2006 10:13 AM
Scottfree Godspeed Keef.... What's a "crippled spider" doing up in a tree?
29th April 2006 10:28 AM
theanchorman I thinks it's a fucking cover-up...same as his last injury in 98/99
29th April 2006 10:35 AM
Nellcote Lead story on Drudge....

http://drudgereport.com/

And, it was just a news report on PMSNBC...
[Edited by Nellcote]
29th April 2006 10:56 AM
Riffhard Now I ain't claiming to be deep throat or anything,...buuuuuut......I did clue Drudge into this story three times in the last 24 hours on the tips line. So,you know,I'm like some kind of an "insider" at this point. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Riffy-insider
29th April 2006 10:58 AM
Gimme Shelter From Yahoo News:

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards suffered a mild concussion while vacationing in Fiji and was flown to a New Zealand hospital for treatment, a band spokeswoman said Saturday.

Media reports said Richards fell out of a palm tree and remained hospitalized in Auckland.

Richards, 62, suffered a mild concussion while on holiday in Fiji earlier this week and was flown to New Zealand, band spokeswoman Fran Curtis said in a statement.

"Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation," Curtis said.

The statement did not elaborate on Richards' condition.

But media reports in Australian and New Zealand said Richards hurt his head after falling out of a palm tree at an exclusive Fiji resort and remained hospitalized in Auckland.

Newspapers in the Fairfax media group reported in their Sunday editions that Richards was flown to Auckland's Ascot Hospital on Thursday after the accident.

Steve Kirby, duty manager at the Ascot Hospital, would not comment on whether Richards was a patient there, citing the hospital's privacy policy.

The Fijilive.com news Web site reported that the accident was believed to have happened at Fiji's exclusive Wakaya Club resort.

Salesi Finau of the resort told The Associated Press that Richards and his wife recently stayed at the resort for about a week but would not say when they left.

Finau also refused to comment on the reports Richards had an accident.

"I am sorry, I do not have any comment on that," he said.

The Rolling Stones played a concert in Wellington on April 18 as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour.

According to the band's Web site, the Stones' next scheduled concert is at the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona, Spain, followed by 34 more dates across Europe.

29th April 2006 11:09 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch "...as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation..."

They'd probably need Patti there to know if what they're "observing" is "normal" behavior for Keith.

Mojo for Keith and the Stones family. NOT the way you want to spend your hard earned break.
29th April 2006 11:10 AM
Riffhard Can you imagine being so famous that if you bump your head on some tiny island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that within 24 hours the entire world has been informed of your condition? Of course,being an insider and all I must accept my fair share of responsibility for getting word out. Sorry Keith! We all have our crosses to bear I suppose.

Riffy-insid...well you know
29th April 2006 11:16 AM
Riffhard Don't shoot the messenger! It's not easy being an insider ya know! Damn,all I do is try and keep boobs like you informed and I get shit for it! Being an insider has it's fair share of burdens!

Riffy-MAJOR Rolling Stones insider
29th April 2006 11:24 AM
lotsajizz YOU weren't ANY messenger despite your empty boasts--otherwise where are your posts from yesterday on this? again, quit using this thread to toot your own horn!
29th April 2006 11:31 AM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
YOU weren't ANY messenger despite your empty boasts--otherwise where are your posts from yesterday on this? again, quit using this thread to toot your own horn!

Here's an idea. Why don't you lighten the fuck up Francis! He suffered a mild concussion. It's not like he is in any kind of serious condition. I should know,afterall I am an insider and shit. Damn all I do is try and be a Rocks Off media mogul and people give me shit! All I'm looking for is a little respect! Is that too much to ask?

Riffy-insider

edited by Riffhard insider

PS-This just in Keith Richards reported to be suffering from arthritis......developing
[Edited by Riffhard]
29th April 2006 11:34 AM
Highwire Rob I haven't heard anything on CNN this morning so I just hope any scans he gets will come out negative.

Suddenly all those posts on playlists & ticket prices seem so... meaningless.

Lloyds of London sure as hell ain't the only one who hope he protected his fingers as well!

"You may know the Lloyd's name from some of the more gossip-worthy assets it has insured in the past: Betty Grable's legs, for example, or Keith Richards' fingers. But such policies are more than mere publicity stunts. The unique Lloyd's business model – Lloyd's is a kind of marketplace, rather than a single company – allows it to take on such unusual risks." [from Computerworld.com.sg 11/2005]

GET WELL SOON KEEF!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
29th April 2006 11:43 AM
gotdablouse hum "mild concussion" and "precautionary measure" could really mean anything at this point and really sound like "company talk" in this world of "spin", remember the Pope trying to speak when his tracheotmoy would have made it impossible ?...Anyway the good new is that I guess it does mean he isnt't dead though !

Hope Keith gets well and yes Riffhard, WTF cares whether you tipped off Drudge ? After reading messages here, wow, way to go.
29th April 2006 11:59 AM
morocco It sounds like Keith suffered a stroke. He'll be okay, I hope.
29th April 2006 12:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Hope Keith gets well and yes Riffhard, WTF cares whether you tipped off Drudge ? After reading messages here, wow, way to go.

Apparently some people have a tough time laughing through the tears.

I work my fingers to the bone trying to keep you all informed with my insider status and I must say that I am begining to feel under appreciated!

Riffy-Ultimate Rolling Stones insider
29th April 2006 12:05 PM
morocco Yea, we get it. You're an insider.
29th April 2006 12:22 PM
LadyJane All kidding aside, I pray this is not serious.

Get well soon Keith!!!

LJ.
29th April 2006 12:51 PM
gotdablouse A stroke is also what came to mind when I heard the news, that tree-climbing story sounds fabricated and Keith admitted that the Leonardo da Vinci story was fabricated too, must have fainted and hurt himself at the time. Jagger, Cohl and the insurance company are probably trying to figure out how to spin this. Maybe a good time to call in MT for the next concerts, like Guns and Roses did in 1993 when Izzy was called back to fill in for Gilby Clarke. Stranger things have happened.

Not to which ill on others but I hope Riffhard's computer blows up so he can stop acting the goat and spare us from his ridiculous signature as a welcome bonus.
29th April 2006 01:50 PM
PeerQueer ...there is more to this story.

Fucking Hell.
29th April 2006 01:53 PM
FotiniD I do hope and pray Keith's really fine and out of the hospital soon.
I can't wait to hear another anatomy-book style story of his describing all that, and I couldn't care less how made-up or not it will be, as long as he's alright.

P.S. Gotdablouse, the Da Vinci book story was "fabricated" by non other than Keith himself, so it wasn't a Stones office conspiracy or something like that... Keith ain't gonna let the dull truth spoil a good story, is he?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)