ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: dimeadozen down ?? Return to archive
May 4th, 2005 06:50 AM
sonicrock can t no connect to it ??
anybody ?? knows ??
May 4th, 2005 08:50 AM
justforyou Message from their yahoo group:

Hi folks,

Well, bad news... the hosting service has taken the servers offline because the customer (we) have repeatedly offered music for download... lol...

The Admin is trying to get hold of someone from the hosting service's management to clarify the matter, but it may take some time (lunch break time here, plus tomorrow is a bank holiday, so many folks are taking the afternoon off).

We'll keep you posted.

Take care!

jupiter2101, DIME Mod
May 4th, 2005 09:04 AM
J.J.Flash Thanks you justforyou.

Man...they can't put it down again.....when will the stupids learn that this has nothing to do with ilegal stuff being shared freely.
May 4th, 2005 10:35 AM
mac_daddy ezt will be back up by the weekend...

go hammer ttd - it's time to see if their server upgrade did the trick

also, if you are currently connected to a torrent from ezt - STAY CONNECTED. if the tracker is down, you will not be able to (re)connect, but you can remain connected to eachother. so you can finish downloading a torrent, and you can upload to all of those currently connected to you. it looks like everybody bailed from the woody wooodbreaker torrent, so now i am stuck at 54%, but i am uploading full throttle...
May 4th, 2005 10:43 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
ezt will be back up by the weekend...

go hammer ttd - it's time to see if their server upgrade did the trick

also, if you are currently connected to a torrent from ezt - STAY CONNECTED. if the tracker is down, you will not be able to (re)connect, but you can remain connected to eachother. so you can finish downloading a torrent, and you can upload to all of those currently connected to you. it looks like everybody bailed from the woody wooodbreaker torrent, so now i am stuck at 54%, but i am uploading full throttle...

Damnit....I knew I should have find a way to jump on that one Mac. I was salivating to enter on that one, I even saved the torrent file. But as I explaint early, here at the office I am not able to accept incoming connection, sine I'm behind a router/firewall. But now, with the end of dimeadozen, I'm now screwed up. Fuck!

Sad!
May 4th, 2005 11:29 AM
mac_daddy in a few months, this will be a moot issue anyway, as Bit torrent is evolving to include trackerless torrents - meaning that if this were to happen again, you could open the *.torrent now, and be able to connect to the swarm, even if the tracker has failed (for whatever reason)...

and as for not being able to get the woodbreaker torrent - i am sure that it will be available when the ezt tracker comes back online in the next few days. the last time, all the active torrents remained active, all the user stats remained intact, etc...

this is just another hiccup, nothing to be alarmed about... actually, it isnt that bad in the long run, because it forces the admins to be ready to have a full backup plan ready for action. when things are smooth for too long, the admins get complacent, and then when something happens, the place goes to sh*t. i was impressed how quicky dimeadozen rose from the ezt ashes - i am sure the phoenix will rise again very soon...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 4th, 2005 11:35 AM
mac_daddy damn joey - you wanna hijack a thread with me on it, you are going to have to come with more than g-rated pr0n...
May 4th, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
damn joey - you wanna hijack a thread with me on it, you are going to have to come with more than g-rated pr0n...

{ ********* You make Joey say , Huh ?!?! ************ }
May 4th, 2005 11:44 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Joey wrote:

{ ********* You make Joey say , Huh ?!?! ************ }

well, yeah, if you continue to delete posts...

_________

back to the bit torrent chatter...

now would be a good time for all you bowie fans to check savagejaw, the dylan fans to check dylantree, and the all around music fans to check the tradersden...

also dont forget bt.etree.org, digitalpanic.org, and cotapers.org (only tape/trade friendly, but lots of good stuff nonetheless)

i think purelivegigs is up and running, too, but i have never been over there...

happy hunting.
May 4th, 2005 12:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

well, yeah, if you continue to delete posts...

_________

back to the bit torrent chatter...

now would be a good time for all you bowie fans to check savagejaw, the dylan fans to check dylantree, and the all around music fans to check the tradersden...

also dont forget bt.etree.org, digitalpanic.org, and cotapers.org (only tape/trade friendly, but lots of good stuff nonetheless)

i think purelivegigs is up and running, too, but i have never been over there...

happy hunting.

Mac, as always, I'm so thankful for you being so devoted and commited with this sharing thing. Anyway, I swear man....I wish I could be more on this torrent stuff. I told you, due to this shared internet radio I'm forced to use, I can't get into this torrents at the office.

Just hope that the weekend is enough for getting the goods.

Cheers!
May 4th, 2005 01:17 PM
purrcafe It's cool. Dime is back up.
May 4th, 2005 02:05 PM
Joey [quote]mac_daddy wrote:

well, yeah, if you continue to delete posts..."

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}
May 4th, 2005 06:09 PM
mac_daddy JJF - that woody woodbreaker torrent IS moving along again. go ahead and hop on!!!

_____

quote:
Joey wrote:
[quote]mac_daddy wrote:

well, yeah, if you continue to delete posts..."

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}

you are kidding, right..? you posted some pic of a chick - the same bird you put in jjf's b-day thread, and wrote "stay connected"

i knew i should have quoted it - i had a feeeling if i called you on the off-topic BS that you would delete the post...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour