ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No more back-up musicians ? Return to archive
May 4th, 2005 02:42 AM
Pierre Dont' you still dream see in 2005-2006 a complete Stones show (1h30 is OK) without the standard back-up musicians ?

4 Stones, Daryl, Boby and Chuck...

May 4th, 2005 02:50 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Pierre wrote:

4 Stones, Daryl, Boby and the Mac
May 4th, 2005 04:26 AM
marko 90mins would be ok.but i think it would be hard to get a good set list for that time,2hours is good,still not enough.
90mins is too short in stadiums.
May 4th, 2005 08:47 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Dont' you still dream see in 2005-2006 a complete Stones show (1h30 is OK) without the standard back-up musicians ?

Are you crazy dude?!?!?! Huh!?? That's what I'm waiting since 1989......get rid of all the rest.....this way Keith is forced to play his ass off, as harder as it is meant to be played.

"Quote me Ronnie"
May 4th, 2005 08:51 AM
corgi37 If anything, they'll probably have more asses onstage.

At least i wish they'd ditch the horn section. Satisfaction is just so "Vegas" since 89.
May 4th, 2005 08:57 AM
FotiniD I think we should start a petition

I mean, come on, I like some of the backup musicians, I really do, but we just NEED the core version of the Stones. If not now, then when?
May 4th, 2005 10:10 AM
luxury1 Well, I happen to enjoy watching/listening to Bernard and Lisa. I think they work so well with Mick. And they say hi to me from the stage now...
May 4th, 2005 04:49 PM
marko We will see all,back-up people,just because they are there
to fix some of the fuck ups.Sir keef,can´t play like he used to,and thats why,this is the last tour,it doesn´t matter will they announce it so,or not."next tour" is allready 3 years,at least away.
May 4th, 2005 05:03 PM
glencar I'd settle for just dropping fecal Blondie.
May 4th, 2005 05:50 PM
Dan If they dropped all the backup musicians and played everything just a tad faster, I would be happy with 90 mins. You can tell Mick's voice tends to go anyway.
May 4th, 2005 06:19 PM
Angiegirl WHAT? Ditch Bernard? Are you CRAZY? That's the only decent thing -uh sorry, guy- to watch nowadays during an average Stones show! Stay away from my Bernie you hear!!
May 4th, 2005 06:27 PM
Dan His singing annoys me but if you like him that much, move to California where he is always performing.

May 4th, 2005 06:28 PM
Angiegirl Plus the sun's always shining! Hmmmm....
May 4th, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti Sadly they will be lost without the gang.
May 5th, 2005 01:19 AM
texile they cover the blank spaces because the stones have gotten lazier and lazier.........there are tto many people on stage and it bugs the hell out of me - do you see dylan with a caravan? in his movies maybe, but not because he needs the padded shoulders..........
May 5th, 2005 02:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man I like Bernard and Lisa. I think they're great.

What I don’t like is Chuck and Blondie, but unfortunately, they're a necessity. Chuck pretty much fills in the gaps these days. He seems to dominate the rhythm, allowing Keith and Ronnie to work their guitars around his keyboard rhythm. If you could somehow take away the keyboard from recent Stones shows, I think it would sound a mess!
May 5th, 2005 04:29 AM
Moonisup
May 5th, 2005 06:03 AM
MidnightRambler Not only would they be lost but Keith would never allow it because he socializes with a lot of them while on stage. He'll walk over and stand next Lisa or Blondie--you take that away...he'd prolly get bored. They'd never get rid of them...Keith would say something like "music is something you share with your friends...." and he'd keep all of them on that stage forever.

It would def. be a mess up there. None of them want the pressure of remembering parts of songs, when to come in, where to end or chord changes. THe only one CAPABLE of doing that would be Ronnie. Mick and Keith can't handle all that responsibiliyt. THey'd forget and stuff.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour