ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: May 10, Manhatten 12.30 Return to archive
May 3rd, 2005 07:51 PM
Daethgod was cruising shidoobee and saw this re press conference :

05/10/05 - Manhatten - 1230

May 3rd, 2005 08:22 PM
Maxlugar I'm so there.
May 3rd, 2005 08:32 PM
Some Guy Happiness has set in!
May 3rd, 2005 08:39 PM
mac_daddy bitchin'
May 3rd, 2005 08:55 PM
sirmoonie Captain fly!
May 3rd, 2005 09:58 PM
Soldatti Great, only a week away.
The question is how they going to announce.
May 3rd, 2005 11:14 PM
Madafaka Well, at least we got an exactly date!
May 4th, 2005 05:40 AM
Poplar
fuck yeah
May 4th, 2005 09:17 AM
luxury1 Me too!! Me too!! I am pingin' off the walls in this house...

Max--you had better find a way to meet us there. Oh wait, how the hell we gonna get in, if we aint the press? Does ROcks Off Member qualify us, or Lotus Couchites??
May 4th, 2005 09:20 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'm so there.

How's the mood after this at the couch fellow Maxy?

I'm now so excited that ...that ...

...to be continued!
May 4th, 2005 09:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
was cruising shidoobee and saw this re press conference :

05/10/05 - Manhatten - 1230

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my penis !
|
|
|
|
V

J !!!!!!

[ Edited by SDH ]

[Edited by Joey]
May 4th, 2005 09:37 AM
egon kick ass
May 4th, 2005 09:51 AM
J.J.Flash Joey.....

this particular flaming monkey, stolen from Fleabit looks somewhat evil and frightening....please ask for Pug's advice.

Thanks in advance.
May 4th, 2005 10:20 AM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Joey.....

this particular flaming monkey, stolen from Fleabit looks somewhat evil and frightening....please ask for Pug's advice.

Thanks in advance.

J.J. Flash ...........................

Done !

!!!!!!
May 4th, 2005 10:35 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

J.J. Flash ...........................

Done !

!!!!!!

I appreciate it!

Oh, by the way.....I feel that Omaha this time is gonna be a blast with the Stones. The fancy Arena you just have finished suits peculiarly for them.

Err...are you gonna see Neil Diamond there?

I hope to see we (the trinity) become a factor this afternoon.

And with all the talking about the upcoming press conference, I had the secret impression that S.S. was going to post more.

Later!
May 4th, 2005 11:08 AM
gimmekeef Still just a rumor..nothing confirmed yet....
May 4th, 2005 11:40 AM
Lazy Bones Thanks for f*ckin' up my blood pressure again...
May 4th, 2005 11:44 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Thanks for f*ckin' up my blood pressure again...

You are young dude, don't worry!
May 4th, 2005 11:45 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Still just a rumor..nothing confirmed yet....

Why all this negativeness Gimmey??!? Why!?!
May 4th, 2005 11:46 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Still just a rumor..nothing confirmed yet....

gazza has it confirmed in the rumored date thread...

May 4th, 2005 11:54 AM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Err...are you gonna see Neil Diamond there?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make Joey Barf !

J. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barfy ! ™
May 4th, 2005 12:27 PM
monkeyman62 yeah but where is the press conf going to be held
May 4th, 2005 12:34 PM
Monkeytonk-man Whoooee, I just came all over myself.

cant wait for the official announcement with deatilsof what's coming. Lets get this show on the road!!!

By the way. Anyone going to se Queen & Paul Rogers this Friday in Brum? if so I'll be in the bar, long hair and a Bad Company T-shirt on (shouldn't be too hard to spot then!) come and say 'ello and have a drink!
May 4th, 2005 02:35 PM
Dutch Michael D. Tour Announcement May 10 in New York + STONESPLANET 17 SPECIAL TOUR FANZINE
RSFCO will be there - STONESPLANET FANZINE will come one or two days later with full information, watch out here on the website for the announcement and tour.

Stones set to announce world tour?
It appears the Stones really are going to roll again.

Select media got an invite from Rogers and Cowan yesterday saying: The Rolling Stones, May 10, 12:30 p.m., NYC, with no other details.

Rogers and Cowan wouldn't comment further yesterday, but the expectation is that, after a couple of months of rumours on the Internet, the veteran British rockers will finally announce the details of their latest world tour next Tuesday in The Big Apple.

The announcement could be exciting news for Toronto, since Stones frontman Mick Jagger, guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood, and drummer Charlie Watts have rehearsed three times in our city for their jaunts around the world.

The Stones' most most recent visit was in the summer of 2002 when they took over the Masonic Temple for rehearsals and then played a surprise club show at the Palais Royale. They later returned to play the Air Canada Centre and SkyDome in October of that year.

The other big news from the Stones camp is that they have been working on a brand new studio album that is slated for a summer release.

Toronto Sun

Source: www.stonesplanet.com
May 4th, 2005 04:40 PM
justinkurian Saw this link on Shidoobee (JB posted it) from Fox News:

(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155453,00.html#1)

Rolling Stones to Gather Moss Again

Brace yourselves — they're back!

The Rolling Stones are determined to recapture the title of World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band from pretenders to the throne U2.

I'm told they will announce a new album and tour next Tuesday in New York. A press conference/concert has been booked for midtown, possibly Bryant Park.

A publicist will only say: "It's at a very accessible place."

In the past, the Stones have performed on a flatbed truck on Fifth Avenue in NYC. But they've been upstaged in recent years by U2, who took a page from the Stones' book by rolling on their own truck across the Brooklyn Bridge to announce their current tour.

The tour is set to start in late summer and hit New York in September, right before Paul McCartney's tour blows through town. Shades of the old Beatles vs. Stones rivalry!

A new Stones album may also be announced Tuesday, making it their 407th since 1965, or at least it feels that way.

But seriously, none of that matters, as long as we get a full version of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and maybe Billy Preston as a surprise treat.

May 4th, 2005 05:58 PM
Poplar
get up, get out... yeah into something new.
May 4th, 2005 06:32 PM
ResidentMule "But they've been upstaged in recent years by U2, who took a page from the Stones' book by rolling on their own truck across the Brooklyn Bridge to announce their current tour."

how is "blatantly ripped off" the same as being "upstaged"?
May 4th, 2005 07:26 PM
Soldatti http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/05/0409.cfm

Rolling Stones May Be On Their Way Around The World
Wednesday May 04, 2005 @ 02:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

The Rolling Stones

Though not set in stone, Canada may once again roll out the red carpet for Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron, as speculation about another Rolling Stones world tour hits New York.

On Tuesday, select members of the media received a scant invitation from entertainment PR giants Rogers and Cowan. The Toronto Sun reports the invite stated only, "The Rolling Stones, May 10, 12:30 PM, NYC."

Though Rogers and Cowan refused to comment further, many believe the invitation was a hint that the Stones will be in New York on May 10 to announce the details of their latest world tour.

It's no secret that The Stones love the T-Dot. Besides going out of their way to come to Toronto for the SARS Relief Concert in July 2003, the group have been to Ontario's capital three times to rehearse before world tours. Their last pre-tour jaunt to the Great White North was in the summer of 2002 when the band turned the Masonic Temple into their personal practice pad. The Stones even played an unannounced concert at the Palais Royale during that time. There's no word yet if in fact the foursome will practice in Toronto, but here's hoping.

The Sun also reports the Stones are working on a new studio album, currently slated for a summer release.

—Angela Kozak

May 4th, 2005 10:54 PM
corgi37 Wouldnt it be good if it was the most amazing press conference ever and people go "Who's U2?"
May 5th, 2005 02:27 AM
Dutch Michael D. we're already doing that now... right?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour