ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Stones cruising album Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 3rd, 2005 05:43 PM
Some Guy While taking a long drive in my new Ford Escape, I like to jam to Let It Bleed! Some good shit for that long drive! What's your choice?
May 3rd, 2005 06:24 PM
The Wick Goat's Head Soup
May 3rd, 2005 08:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Goat's Head Soup

I'm on it!
May 3rd, 2005 09:45 PM
Soldatti Try Ya-Ya's.
May 3rd, 2005 10:58 PM
Egbert Can't go wrong with Exile
May 3rd, 2005 11:47 PM
Steel Wheels Tattoo You. Great for drag racing. Side one is pure horsepower. Start Me Up - boom! I'm gone.

Some Girls is good for those days when you have the windows down, the sun is shining, and you got no where to be. I'll run them stoplights in Mick's honor!

Emotional Rescue is for when it's 100 degrees at night, the heat rises off of everything, and you roll up next to some jerk who gives you a double take wondering what the hell Dance Part 1 is all about.
May 3rd, 2005 11:47 PM
BILL PERKS EMOTIONAL RESCUE PLAYED LOUD!
May 3rd, 2005 11:50 PM
Steel Wheels When I'm driving there are two positions for my Stones albums - all the way up or off. All or nothing.
May 3rd, 2005 11:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
When I'm driving there are two positions for my Stones albums - all the way up or off. All or nothing.

i like to jam to Between the Buttons, Undercover, and Sticky Fingers!
May 4th, 2005 12:09 AM
Steel Wheels Undercover - there's a God Damned driving album!
May 4th, 2005 01:25 AM
ResidentMule for me definitly Black & Blue
every now & then Some Girls, Exile or Sticky Fingers

not too many albums I'd consider particularly great for cruising, but I have burned mixes for when I'm driving
May 4th, 2005 01:50 AM
Bloozehound I was out at the lake last weekend croozing around in my truck with my girl, smoking cigs and drinkin beer with the sunroof open and all the windows down while I blasted Sucking in the 70's

it worked for me

[Edited by have you heard about the 70's croozer]
[Edited by the one that is a kingcan boozer]

[Edited by Bloozehound]
May 4th, 2005 02:16 AM
Dutch Michael D. Voodoo lounge is great while cruising in your new car, Sparks will fly, Brand new Car, you got me rocking , and the rest...
May 4th, 2005 02:38 AM
exile
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
for me definitly Black & Blue
every now & then Some Girls, Exile or Sticky Fingers

not too many albums I'd consider particularly great for cruising, but I have burned mixes for when I'm driving

same here
May 4th, 2005 05:46 AM
Poplar
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Emotional Rescue is for when it's 100 degrees at night, the heat rises off of everything

funny, i always felt that was a summer night album, even if it doesn't involve cars. hot, sweaty sex.

as for the drive'n: i always liked Let It Bleed. If I'm gonna throw a boot in, Head'n for an Overload.

and exile, that's a great pic of Mick.

[Edited by Poplar]
May 5th, 2005 12:58 PM
polytoxic Y'know, I find for highway driving the old R&B stuff works really well, especially at nighttime. Something like Now! or Out Of Our Heads UK.
May 5th, 2005 01:04 PM
glencar Undercover or Emotional Rescue.
May 5th, 2005 01:15 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
...you roll up next to some jerk who gives you a double take wondering what the hell Dance Part 1 is all about.

That's something I've experienced many times. For an even stronger reaction, sing along to Max Romeo's back up vocals... The hoo-hoo-hoo parts!

May 5th, 2005 03:35 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Now if you're talking crusing around town with the windows down and stereo blasting, then I would have to say Ya Ya's, but if you're on a road trip, then my favorite has always been Exile.
May 5th, 2005 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
While taking a long drive in my new Ford Escape, I like to jam to Let It Bleed! Some good shit for that long drive! What's your choice?

Tattoo You or Emotional Rescue
May 5th, 2005 04:30 PM
Nasty Habits There is no doubt in my mind that Get Yer Ya Ya's Out is the finest driving album of all time.

May 5th, 2005 04:34 PM
Madafaka I have burned mixes for when I'm driving too.
May 5th, 2005 04:37 PM
Joey " I have burned mixes for when I'm driving too. "

<------- I have burned mixes whilst pooping

Oh little buddy ..........
May 5th, 2005 04:40 PM
glencar Dirty Work if you can skip "Hold Back".
May 5th, 2005 04:53 PM
56DeSoto I've been cruising around for the last week with Exile on the car stereo in my daily driver. I desperately want to get a cd player installed in my DeSoto so I can drive that puppy around and crank Exile.
May 5th, 2005 05:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Tattoo You or Emotional Rescue

Adding them now for my long drive this weekend! Thanks Joey!
May 5th, 2005 05:49 PM
glencar SG, how's the Escape? Is it a hybrid version?
May 5th, 2005 05:53 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
SG, how's the Escape? Is it a hybrid version?

No- the Limited! Very nice. I shall also be wearing my Gucci shoes while sipping my Dunkin Donuts coffee!
May 5th, 2005 05:54 PM
glencar LOL You remind me of someone else....
May 5th, 2005 05:57 PM
Joey " LOL You remind me of someone else.... "

< --------
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour