ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cher on da stones Return to archive
May 2nd, 2005 07:09 PM
kath -- Belly dancers, a dancing elephant and a video montage of her lengthy career marked the end of Cher's three-year farewell tour.

Cher, 58, played to a sold-out crowd Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl and insisted this final concert on her 325-stop tour really was the end.

"I'm approaching 80," she joked to the crowd, "and if I did that thing everyone does, come back in five years, I'd be driving around in one of those carts you know, the ones with the joysticks you see in Costco.

"There are two reasons people come back. Because, like the Stones, they're broke. Again. Or they're old divas who can't wait to be out among their adoring fans. But this, this truly is it."

Video clips broadcast on four giant screens showed the Sonny Bono years, shots from her solo career and clips of Cher with Carol Burnett, Ray Charles, Elton John, David Bowie and the Muppets.

Her final show was vintage Cher, who made her entrance from above decked out in a silver coat and hood. She kicked off the evening with her standard opening song, a cover of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," and ditched the coat as she hit the stage to reveal a skimpy G-string outfit.

The show, which included about a dozen costume changes, ended with fireworks.

May 2nd, 2005 07:26 PM
MrPleasant And she won't be sorely missed.
May 2nd, 2005 07:31 PM
monkeyman62 if the stones are broke i will buy a front row ticket to see cher, who i cant stand
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour