ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joey Please explain (NSC) Return to archive
May 1st, 2005 11:58 PM
voodoopug http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4431759/detail.html

ConsumerWatch: Phone Sold At Target Won't Work In Omaha
T-Mobile Says Mistake Was Made

POSTED: 12:26 pm CDT April 29, 2005
UPDATED: 12:38 pm CDT April 29, 2005

OMAHA, Neb. -- Some cell phones sold this week at area a Target stores won't work in Omaha. The mistake was discovered after a KETV NewsWatch 7 viewer called 7 Can Help.

If you buy a phone in Omaha, you would presume you could use it in Omaha, but that's apparently not the case with the T-Mobile To-Go phones.

"The whole thing seems ludicrous to me," said Kathy Sole, who purchased the phone.

Sole bought a T-Mobile To-Go cell phone at the Target on Saddle Creek Road. Then she was forced to return it.

"They told me that there were no 402 area codes available. No 712 for Iowa. The only thing I had available to me for a phone number was Colorado, Kansas or farther Iowa," Sole said.

That would mean Sole would have to accept a long distance number,- even though she bought the phone in Omaha and she lives in Omaha.

The problem is that T-Mobile doesn't offer service in Omaha, according to T-Mobile's Web site.

Sole isn't alone. ConsumerWatch reporter Mike Sigmond visited Target to buy the To-Go phone and check out Sole's claims, and was told the phone is sold out.

"Why sell something that cannot service your community?" Sole asked.

Sigmond took the question to T-Mobile. A representative from T-Mobile said, "we shouldn't have that product in that market. (Customers) can't use the To-Go phone at all in Omaha because prepaid phones aren't designed to roam."

Target gave Sole her money back for the phone, but refused to refund the $10 for the purchased minutes. Those refill cards are usually non-refundable. A phone call to T-Mobile from 7 Can Help got Sole her refund, and a promise that "those who purchased our prepaid product at Target can return the phone and refill card for a full refund."

"I was pleased. I was very pleased," Sole said.

T-Mobile said all the To-Go phones should be off the Target shelves by the end of the day Friday and that T-Mobile is working with Target to make sure employees know the refill cards are now refundable.

T-Mobile is also refunding any money Target lost because of its mistake.

[edited by baby joey]
[Edited by voodoopug]
May 2nd, 2005 09:19 AM
Joey

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ..........Oh , sure ! :

www.sexy-bikini.ws/archives/004963.html

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour