ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Licks Press Conf. Return to archive
May 1st, 2005 10:08 AM
StonesChick This has probably already been posted but does anyone know what the date was for the Licks press conf. The first tickets went on sale May 8 2002.
[Edited by StonesChick]
May 1st, 2005 10:28 AM
Gazza Licks : May 7th 2002
BTB : 18th August 1997
Voodoo Lounge : 3rd May 1994
Steel Wheels : 11th July 1989
May 1st, 2005 10:34 AM
StonesChick Thanks, I knew I could count on you, Gazza!

Yikes, the tickets went on sale the day after the press conf. Any update on when that is? I've heard May 3, 10 and 13........I don't think it's the 3rd, wouldn't we have heard something by now?
May 1st, 2005 11:13 AM
Gazza Only some Licks tour tickets went on sale that quick. they 'staggered' the sales. TM simply couldnt cope with 30-40 shows going on sale at once and a couple of million people applying for tickets.

They went on sale in 'blocks' of shows over a couple of weekends for the most part.

Many of them didnt go on sale for up to weeks afterwards. I'm pretty sure Los Angeles,for example, was something like May 19th.

I dont think the press conference will be May 3rd. I think the following week is more likely (ie, probably the 10th)
May 1st, 2005 12:30 PM
StonesChick
Yeah,I remember the tickets in the NE going on sale first and missing out on trying to get theater tickets. I had no idea tickets would go on sale so soon. Do tickets usually go on sale on a weekend, do you know, or is it just random?
May 1st, 2005 01:20 PM
Gazza in most cases, for large shows, on weekends I would imagine...ie, Fri-Sun
May 1st, 2005 01:24 PM
Riffhard I have put in my request via the lable reps for passes to the PC. However,he is mum on the official date. He has told me that should the PC take place in NYC that I will once again get two passess for it! If I get the passes it will be my third PC in a row,and as for our fine admins here at RO. Yes,If I get to ask another question I will indeed give this most prestigeous site another plug! I'll never forget the look on Jagger's face when I mentioned RocksOff.org! Priceless! LOL! He looked? I guess the word would be puzzled.

I will again be wearing a very "loud" shirt to the PC. If it catches their attention all the better. Hey,it worked last time! If the the passes come to fruition I will taking a poll as to what question we all want to have answered.

Riffhard
May 1st, 2005 03:30 PM
Soldatti Bjornulf said May 10 for the press conference.
May 2nd, 2005 11:49 AM
TooTough >Licks : May 7th 2002
>BTB : 18th August 1997
>Voodoo Lounge : 3rd May 1994
>Steel Wheels : 11th July 1989

Is there a place on the net where we can download the full PCs?
May 2nd, 2005 02:11 PM
Gazza I wouldnt think so

I have the BTB and Licks live broadcasts as they were shown live on Sky News, plus raw satellite feeds of both P/C's but I'm not sure if the two before it were shown live on TV, maybe just as edited news clips.
May 2nd, 2005 02:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I have put in my request via the lable reps for passes to the PC. However,he is mum on the official date. He has told me that should the PC take place in NYC that I will once again get two passess for it! If I get the passes it will be my third PC in a row,and as for our fine admins here at RO. Yes,If I get to ask another question I will indeed give this most prestigeous site another plug! I'll never forget the look on Jagger's face when I mentioned RocksOff.org! Priceless! LOL! He looked? I guess the word would be puzzled.

I will again be wearing a very "loud" shirt to the PC. If it catches their attention all the better. Hey,it worked last time! If the the passes come to fruition I will taking a poll as to what question we all want to have answered.

Riffhard

Good man, Riffhard. I know we can count on ya.

I'm sure we can trust your judgement to ask something good.

Personally, I'd ask them if they intend doing anything to keep the best tickets from falling into the hands of brokers and scalpers as they always seem to do.
May 2nd, 2005 10:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
TooTough wrote:
Is there a place on the net where we can download the full PCs?

Sadly no. I saw a 17 minutes clip on Emule a month ago, maybe it's still there.
May 3rd, 2005 05:46 PM
justinkurian A buddy and I went up to see the Press Conference (well, everything but the press conference) in Van Cortlandt park.

After the hoopla, limos left the area and for some reason we decided to stay. I think someone told us those limos were decoys.

A little while later the limos came back and the boys left (all seperate limos). I got to see Keith & Ronnie (I don't remember if I saw Charlie - Mick definitely had his window up). But, it was awesome - there was about 20 or so of us who stuck around.

Some pyscho jumped the fence and handed Keith his band's CD, which he took. I asked the guy for a copy just to hear what Keith had in store. I won't leave a review but the name of the band was Main Offender...but, it was an awesome experience.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour