ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Anita site on Yahoo Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 1st, 2005 03:53 AM
HellsRollingThunder Got word on a new Anita Pallenberg site.
It is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Anita_Pallenberg_Legend
[Edited by HellsRollingThunder]
May 1st, 2005 08:16 AM
J.J.Flash Thanks dude, but it doesn't work. There is something wrong with the name of this group on MSN Groups.

Man, by the way....I would like to know....does Anita still look hot? Well I know I know....I haven't seen any picture of the lady since circa 72, but I used to had a crush on her.....not to mention that Jay enjoys older woman.

Waiting for the pix!

TIA
May 1st, 2005 08:18 AM
J.J.Flash never mind....

I've solved the problem. There was a "." at the end of the link
May 1st, 2005 09:09 AM
HellsRollingThunder Hi! I am so sorry, about that I wrote it down real late at night and
I guess I put an extra dot at the end. I belong to two sites where
there are ALL kinds of pics of her. She looks okay I guess for
the rough life she has been through. When you get into the site,
ask the moderator about this and maybe this person can post
some more pics of Anita. Thanks for telling me about the problem
on the site address. I really do appreciate it.
May 1st, 2005 03:18 PM
Soldatti The link works fine for me.
May 2nd, 2005 02:06 AM
Brainbell Jangler Does Anita still look hot? Sorry, JJ, no such luck. I saw snippets of an interview with her, not sure how old but not more recent than the 90s. She looked bad, like the most ragged old barfly you could imagine.
May 2nd, 2005 03:23 AM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Does Anita still look hot? Sorry, JJ, no such luck. I saw snippets of an interview with her, not sure how old but not more recent than the 90s. She looked bad, like the most ragged old barfly you could imagine.

Here is a recent photo of Anita that I have that was taken last month. Sorry about all the copyright stuff...gotta protect your images. But you can still see that she is not looking very well. Her hip has been bothering her, hence the cane. Plus, she has Hepatitis C, which is why she is so jaundiced.

May 2nd, 2005 08:16 AM
Madafaka Ok, now tell us Fausto... Does Anita still look hot?
Time waits for no one!
May 2nd, 2005 08:18 AM
exile not looking quite as HOT
May 2nd, 2005 09:03 AM
justforyou Don't judge the lady when she's hiding her eyes behind those shades and hair - not fair!
May 2nd, 2005 10:58 AM
HellsRollingThunder Doctors say those hip replacements, or some of them last only
about 15 years I think?! And they are very painful when they give
the recipient trouble after a while. But she looks like she is
fairly ambulatory despite the medical problems. My Mom was
jaundiced at 90 right before she passed in 2003. But hers was
old age.
May 2nd, 2005 11:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oh my God!

Remember:

When you're old,When you're old,
nobody will know
that you was a beauty, a sweet sweet beauty
A sweet sweet beauty, but stone stone cold

How does it feel?

It's hard, it's really hard
May 2nd, 2005 04:28 PM
gypsy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Oh my God!

Remember:

When you're old,When you're old,
nobody will know
that you was a beauty, a sweet sweet beauty
A sweet sweet beauty, but stone stone cold

Voodoo, that part of the song usually does make me think of Anita, and wonder if she wasn't the inspiration for that particular verse.
May 2nd, 2005 05:17 PM
MrPleasant What's with the badge?
May 2nd, 2005 05:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
What's with the badge?

It's more like a brooch, no?
I guess it's a fashion statement.
Who knows.
May 2nd, 2005 05:25 PM
luxury1 Damn, if she doesnt look like Keith in a blonde wig!
May 2nd, 2005 10:49 PM
time is on my side She looks absolutely horrible and, from the picture, appears to be in a lot of physical pain. She's only 61 but looks to be least 20 years older. Ah, the life of excessive drugs, sex, and rock & roll. Time, does indeed, wait for no one. She lived a wild, crazy life and, I'm sure has a lot of wonderful, glorious memories that keep her comfortable at night or maybe she's haunted by them. Who knows???
May 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM
Soldatti Sad, she looks very bad on that photo.
May 2nd, 2005 10:54 PM
exile Is she on good terms with Keith and their son Marlon these days?
May 3rd, 2005 12:53 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Anita use to be so beautiful in her prime. She has not aged well at all and it really goes to show what can happen if you don't take care of yourself, and I'm sure that her life style is the main reason that see looks the way she does these days. I mean there are plenty of 60 something year old women that still look really good because they took care of their self. Look at someone say, like Jacqueline Smith or Tina Turner, they still look great for their age, but poor Anita is another story. I'm sure when you've been hooked on Heroin for 15 years or so, it has bound to take a heavy toll on ya. Keith looks rough also, but with him it's different because we've watched him age every year of his life, and although too many people he may look bad, to us Stones fans he fits the part perfect, an old pirate that still plays a fucking mean guitar. Anita on the other hand, well years go by and you don't see her, but when you do it's like WOW, what the fuck!
May 3rd, 2005 02:03 AM
HellsRollingThunder Notice of a change in the URL of the new Anita site from my
friends at Yahoo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/Anita_Pallenberg_Tribute

One may also consult Yahoo groups to see if there are any more
new groups like this being created.
May 3rd, 2005 02:49 AM
gypsy
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
She looks absolutely horrible and, from the picture, appears to be in a lot of physical pain. She's only 61 but looks to be least 20 years older. Ah, the life of excessive drugs, sex, and rock & roll. Time, does indeed, wait for no one. She lived a wild, crazy life and, I'm sure has a lot of wonderful, glorious memories that keep her comfortable at night or maybe she's haunted by them. Who knows???

I totally agree about Anita's looks. She looks horrid! It is hard to believe she was once so pretty.
That photo is originally about three times that size...and I guarantee that you do not want to see her face THAT close. Also, without the sunglasses, she looks even worse. She has huge purple bags under her eyes.
In interviews, she seems pretty happy and content with her life. I think she is satisfied in knowing that she has lived a really full life and that she was once a great beauty. She has two grandchildren now, and is very close to them and to Marlon. She is also building a relationship with Angela/Dandelion. I have a recent photo of them attending one of Ronnie's art exhibitions together, and they look very happy.
May 3rd, 2005 03:12 AM
exile
quote:
gypsy wrote:
She has two grandchildren now, and is very close to them and to Marlon. She is also building a relationship with Angela/Dandelion.

What happened to her and Angela/Dandelion? If i may ask
May 3rd, 2005 04:29 AM
gypsy
quote:
exile wrote:

What happened to her and Angela/Dandelion? If i may ask

Well, after she had Dandelion in 1972, she did try to make a home for them in Switzerland. She really was sincere in her efforts to settle down and be a housewife and mom. But, of course, it didn't last. She ended up in Jamaica later that year, and was arrested for hanging out with the Rastafarians, and bringing them into her and Keith's affluent all-white neighborhood. So she was arrested and thrown in jail where she was repeatedly raped my inmates and the guards. Remember? And Keith paid $12,000 for a government official to get her out; and it turned out that the guy who got her out was responsible for having her put in. So, in essence, he conned Keith, and poor Anita had to go through all of that over $12,000.
So, after that, she went along with Keith on his tours. But their drug use worsened, and she never really looked after Marlon or Dandelion, of course. Then, in 1976, after she & Keith lost their ten-week-old son Tara to SIDS or crib death, she sunk deeper and deeper into drug abuse, and Dandelion would wonder off. So Keith's mother raised her, and she turned out to be a pretty and well-adjusted young lady. She does resemble Keith a lot, but is really pretty, in my opinion. I have a ton of her wedding pics. Anyways, my point is that we always see pics of Anita with Marlon, but never any of her holding baby Dandelion...or even any photos of them together in later years, whereas, she is always seen with Marlon and other young girls Angela's age, like Kate Moss, Bay Garnett, etc...
I just found it weird that it doesn't seem as though they hang out together too often. I would have just chalked it up to the fact that Angela seems to shun the limelight, which is cool. Kind of like Karis. But in a 2002 interview, Anita says they have a strained relationship, and that Angela is "just like Keith." So, the only photo I have of Anita with Angela is at her wedding. But I was thrilled to find that recent one of the two of them together at Ronnie's exhibit.
I'm just going by the interviews in book and magazines that I have. They may have a really good relationship for all I know. But Anita has always struck me as the type of woman who is a better mother to a male child. Do you get what I'm saying? There are just some women, and Anita fits that mold, that don't make good mothers to female children. And, Anita, with her tough exterior, strikes me as that type. I'm sure Doris spoiled Angela and gave her a great home. It's a good thing, as with both parents addicted to heroin, Dandelion could have been molested and/or murdered, since she didn't really have anyone watching her full-time.

Was that a good enough explanation? ha!

May 3rd, 2005 08:19 AM
luxury1 Good insight, gypsy. I always thought Doris was freaked out by the seeming "neglect" of Dande (and most likely Marlon too), and thus lobbied to take her from her parents. How old was Dande when they corrected her cleft palate? Was that something Doris took care of?
May 3rd, 2005 08:24 AM
exile wow thanks gypsy I did not know any of that

thats sad too but Im glad they may be building a relationship.

From the photos I have seen of Angela I cannot see any hint of cleft palate also. whoever corrected it did a good job.
[Edited by exile]
May 3rd, 2005 08:27 AM
BrotherM We all get older....there is Beauty in every Season.

Hey Gypsy i'd love to join yr Anita group....when i tryed to join last nite i got all kinds of computer rocket science thrown at me including...someone already has yr Eadress??? Also i could come in on invite from chairman of the Board.

My Email is = [email protected]

Infinite Rockin Blessings

BrotherM
[Edited by BrotherM]
May 4th, 2005 01:16 AM
gypsy
quote:
BrotherM wrote:
We all get older....there is Beauty in every Season.

Hey Gypsy i'd love to join yr Anita group....when i tryed to join last nite i got all kinds of computer rocket science thrown at me including...someone already has yr Eadress??? Also i could come in on invite from chairman of the Board.

My Email is = [email protected]

Infinite Rockin Blessings

BrotherM
[Edited by BrotherM]

Thanks. I'll let everyone here know when I'm finished with my new Anita fansite. That MSN thing was just a web group, which is better than Yahoo groups because you can post larger photos, etc...
However, the official fansite I've building has a lot more features than MSN or Yahoo groups.
It will be public and nobody has to have an invitation.
It's just taking me a bit longer than expected, and it is tough finding time between work, exercise, hanging out with friends, etc...
Since the weather is getting nicer, I don't want to spend anymore time in front of the computer than necessary.
May 4th, 2005 01:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
She lived a wild, crazy life and, I'm sure has a lot of wonderful, glorious memories that keep her comfortable at night or maybe she's haunted by them. Who knows???

judging by that pic I'd say she looks like shes haunted by something wicked, gawdamn!

May 4th, 2005 06:06 PM
glencar I saw her only 2 1/2 years ago in Vegas & she wasn't that bad looking. She looks like she's put on weight & gotten cranky. She had definitely aged but this is a shame what she looks like now.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour