ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto Rocks Return to archive
April 30th, 2005 02:40 PM
diegostone When i saw the Toronto Rocks i get a bit disgusted when the stones were playing Missyou and Joustin Timberlake apeared , them some people start throwing botles to Joustin and Keith start to shout to the peole who were throwing botles.
April 30th, 2005 04:18 PM
Lazy Bones Actually, as bad as he is, I think about all the rich kids that went to show just to see him. Then, I think about the amount of money that he helped collect by performing to boast Toronto's SARS-damaged economy - the whole reason this was brought about.

In the end, I really don't give a shit how one song sounded with a poorly-matched guest!

If it's the bottle throwing that you're upset about, I was more upset when Keith stopped playing to play babysitter for Mick and/or Justin by coming to the rescue. As far as I'm concerned, if a band member ever desires to personally address a member(s) of the audience, they should do it when they're not "playing/working". It's not like the stage was being bombarded with bottles. There was two or three thrown.

Quite frankly, I thought Keith's finger wagging was somewhat embarrassing for Stones fans, imo...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
May 1st, 2005 03:16 PM
Soldatti
quote:
diegostone wrote:
When i saw the Toronto Rocks i get a bit disgusted when the stones were playing Missyou and Joustin Timberlake apeared , them some people start throwing botles to Joustin and Keith start to shout to the peole who were throwing botles.

An embarrassing moment in the Stones career.
May 1st, 2005 05:11 PM
Madafaka Yeah, totally agree!
May 2nd, 2005 12:14 PM
rogerriffin has been the WORST guest in all stones career with Bono, the best AC/DC, Clapton, Taj Mahal...
May 2nd, 2005 01:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

An embarrassing moment in the Stones career.

My good Friend in the sunny state and myself see this as humiliating, but i have been humiliated on many occassions, so the stones will get past this artistic tragedy.
May 2nd, 2005 02:30 PM
gimmekeef It was a charity even for cryin out loud....The thing thtas bugged me most about this show is the general consensus that AC/DC stole the show......
May 2nd, 2005 02:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
It was a charity even for cryin out loud....The thing thtas bugged me most about this show is the general consensus that AC/DC stole the show......

this goes along with the general consensus that The Who stole the RnR Circus. WHile i think they were good, The Stones owned both of those shows!
May 2nd, 2005 10:22 PM
Soldatti
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
My good Friend in the sunny state and myself see this as humiliating, but i have been humiliated on many occassions, so the stones will get past this artistic tragedy.

I said "one" embarrassing moment, Mick's duet with Jacko is on top of the list.
May 3rd, 2005 10:16 AM
Mr Jimmy I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but... I hate seeing the Stones as part of a festival because I have to sit through mediocre (and sometimes outright shitty) music that I have absolutely no interest in. Also, there are way too many non-Stones fans that go because it's an "event not too be missed" rather than just a Stones show. When I go to see the Stones, I go to see them and no one else. That said, I won't pass up any opportunity to see them, and considering that I live in Toronto, I went to the SARS event.

I went early in the morning of the day before the concert and lined up along the fence (18th in line) for about 24 hours before they opened the gates. I was surrounded by true Stones fans from different parts of the world and we had a great giddy time with all of the anticipation for the next evening. Thousands and thousands of people arrived through the night and when the gates opened I ran all the way to the stage... it was one of those golden opportunities to get really close, and I did. It brought back some fond memories of the '81 Tour general admission when I could get right up to the stage because of my effort and not because of having a lot of money to pay a scalper for a front row reserved seat.

By the time the Stones took the stage, I had been awake for 40 hours and although "the TimberGATE" situation was bad, it wasn't the worst part of the show. The WORST part was that after waiting all day to see the Stones, I couldn't HEAR Ron's guitar (all jokes aside please) for the first few songs. I was standing there thinking that they better fix it and fast, and they eventually did.

AC DC put on a great show and thousands & thousands of their fans left the grounds as soon as AC DC left the stage. Seriously, there was a massive exodus up near the stage and it made me feel even stronger about hating festival appearances by the Stones. And Lazy Bones is correct, Justin Timberless was responsible for selling a lot of tickets... let's just say there was more than a handful of some rather cute young girls that day, some of whom told me that he was the draw for them and not the Stones.

For me, it's always great to see the Stones but a festival setting is the worst way. I can't wait to catch glimpses of them when they arrive in Toronto for the rehersals and you better believe that I'll do my best to be at the surprise club show they always do here before they start the tour. I have a feeling that this is going to be a great summer!
May 3rd, 2005 10:36 AM
Pierre Yes, AC/DC stole the show. The Stones were very tired, weak version of Brown sugar and Start me up...
May 3rd, 2005 09:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Yes, AC/DC stole the show. The Stones were very tired, weak version of Brown sugar and Start me up...

You're comparing a band with 5 members, no piano and straight guitars and the Stones with 15 guys on stage.
I think that the Stones played very well during half of the show at least, but the crowd was a bit tired after 12 hours non stop including Rush and AC/DC...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour