ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OUCH!! Return to archive
April 29th, 2005 09:22 PM
FPM C10 Yikes! I was in a major wreck on the way home tonight. Traffic was horrible and a girl pulled out of a truckstop right in front of me. There was no way to stop. My car t-boned her station wagon, left the ground (I'm told) and ended up facing oncoming traffic, one of whom then hit me. Both her car and mine were totalled, and the girl who caused the wreck is in the hospital but will be okay. Erica and I are both sore and bruised fom our seatbelts (and the steering wheel for me) but we're not hurt otherwise. But OUCH I hurt.

So all of you rightwingers cut me some slack for a day or two until I get my steam back!

Oh, by the way, initial reports say the first show of the Dolls tour (last night at Irving Plaza) was incredible - I can't wait for the 13th!
April 29th, 2005 09:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Both her car and mine were totalled, and the girl who caused the wreck is in the hospital but will be okay. Erica and I are both sore and bruised fom our seatbelts (and the steering wheel for me) but we're not hurt otherwise. But OUCH I hurt.

Ouch Indeed. Glad you're all ok or going to be. Sorry about the cars though.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 30th, 2005 12:01 AM
HellsRollingThunder Sorry to hear about your automobile accident. Glad to hear you
are okay and your lady will be okay too. Hope you both and the
girl recover soon. Sorry about your cars, but you can replace them
am glad you are alive.
April 30th, 2005 12:19 AM
mac_daddy good to hear that you are OK. take care of yourself...
April 30th, 2005 12:52 AM
steel wls I would've played Hubert Sumlin in your honor tonight, but I don't own any of his music. Glad you and the gal, and everyone involved are ok. See you at MSG.
April 30th, 2005 01:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot DUDE! HOLY SHIT!

OK, first, I'm glad you are both OK.

Second, I'm glad I'm driving to the Dolls gig.

Third....call Deebo and SUE FOR PAIN & SUFFERING. Don't worry, it doesn't come out of her pocket....her insurance co. can pony up. Shoot for $2500 each...a cool 5 Gs. They probably won't even argue about it. Of course that is on top of the $$ for replacing your car, and any doctor bills you may have.

AND! Here's the best part...

Awards for pain & suffering are tax free....and there IS a Stones tour coming up.

Now, my advice for the upcoming weekend. Stay heavily medicated. Screw a lot if it doesn't hurt too much, if it hurts too much, you need more medication.

Damn.
April 30th, 2005 02:12 AM
littleredrooster Shite!
Glad you are both OK
Where did it happen??
April 30th, 2005 08:32 AM
nankerphelge Jesus FPM, howe many times we gotta tell you:

Road nookie kills!

This rightwinger will leave you be for a while!
Take it easy.
April 30th, 2005 09:20 AM
J.J.Flash Fleabit.......

sorry about the car. I'm glad everything is fine though.

Watch out the morons driving cars... they are all over the streets.

Take care!
April 30th, 2005 03:24 PM
Factory Girl Wow, my dear Monkey!! I'm sorry about the rough turn of events. I am glad that you & Erica are okay, and I'm sorry about the cars.

PS. See a good lawyer.

Your friend,

FG!
April 30th, 2005 09:48 PM
Child of the Moon Fleabit, I'm glad to hear you're okay. Take it easy for a while... I'm looking forward to having you back here and sluggin'!
April 30th, 2005 11:03 PM
parmeda Wow, Flea...such terrible news about your accident, but great news that you and your friend will be alright.

Unfortunately, I've had to walk in your shoes just a few weeks back when my son was in a similar accident...get an attorney. They will handle 'the craziness' for you.

Take care of yourself!
May 1st, 2005 10:06 AM
FPM C10 Thanks for all the kind words! I'm feeling really rough today, but it could have easily been SO much worse that I'm not complaining TOO much. Everyone's positive thoughts have helped a lot.
May 1st, 2005 10:33 AM
Gazza Glad you're ok
May 1st, 2005 12:08 PM
LadyJane Sending lots of good thoughts your way, FPM!!

Take care.

LJ.
May 1st, 2005 05:13 PM
Madafaka Thank God you're ok!
May 1st, 2005 05:45 PM
Phog Damn, glad everyone is ok. Get well.
May 1st, 2005 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words! I'm feeling really rough today, but it could have easily been SO much worse that I'm not complaining TOO much. Everyone's positive thoughts have helped a lot.

Glad you are OK my C10 Brother -- That sounded like a 'close one ' -- My thoughts and prayers are with you today and ALWAYS !!!!!!!!!

Joey

P.S. Hope this pic makes you FEEL better -- Paris & Co. send you their love too :

............................................................................................................
[Edited by Baby Steel Magnolia ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 1st, 2005 10:04 PM
jpenn11 Sorry to hear about this.

Hope your recovery is quick.
May 1st, 2005 10:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Late here, but glad you and everybody involved are ok
May 1st, 2005 10:39 PM
Soldatti Thank god you're ok.
May 2nd, 2005 03:54 AM
Zack Me too.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour