ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help With Sway Cover Anyone? Return to archive
April 29th, 2005 12:34 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I once had a great version of Sway, before my computer crashed and lost it. I can't remember who it was done by, but it was absoluty fantastic, and I'm sure there are members here that know who it was that did it. It had a country feel with a fiddle and blazing guitar solo. It also had a different araingment then The Stones, where it fades out with the verse pregression. I hope someone here can post a link to it so that I can get it once again. Please help if you can!
April 29th, 2005 04:02 AM
padre Alejandro Escovedo. From the album More Miles Than Money:Live 1994-1996.
PM your email and I'll send it to you.
April 29th, 2005 07:57 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I'm not sure if this is the version that I was refering too since it looks like the one that you have is live and the one that I remember is a studio version, but I would like to check it out all the same to make sure. I know that there are members on this board that know excatly which one it is, because this is the board that I first found a link to it. It is an amazing cover for sure, but yeah, please "send it to me" anyway and I'll check it out.
[email protected]
April 30th, 2005 12:08 AM
Make It Funky Happy MoFo: Hey dude, there is the House of Blues version, with Alvin Youngblood Hart, doing a country-esque style of Sway...

Also, have you heard the Stargroves version of Sway, whichis the alternate take to the more popular version?
Its definetely worth hearing!

Cheers.
April 30th, 2005 12:55 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Please provide me with links to these, I just have to find that great version I once had!
April 30th, 2005 01:49 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! padra
Yes, this is the version I'm looking for as I found a few sound bits, so if you can send me the entire version I would really appreaciate it very much
April 30th, 2005 05:10 AM
padre Sway coming your way. Enjoy.
May 2nd, 2005 03:43 PM
Saint Sway only Sway covers I have are by Alejandro Escavado, The Black Crowes and Alvin Youngblood Hart (both solo and with his excellent JOB CAIN band)
May 2nd, 2005 06:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He Saint Sway. I can't believe you don't have the one with Carla Olson and Mick Taylor, it's highly recommended
May 2nd, 2005 09:19 PM
Saint Sway well Voodoo I love all things Sway. Especially if it involves a version with Mr. Taylor!!
but who is this Carla Olsen? And where can I find this track to download?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour