ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many shows u wanna see this time? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 28th, 2005 09:41 PM
time is on my side Probably just once and the way things are shaping up it's probably going to be another stadium tour with arenas & theaters thrown somewhere in the mix. It's my guess that here in Atlanta it's going to another stadium show which I'll glady attend as I still consider the Stones great entertainment. If so, it will mark my 12th Stones concert (an even dozen).

Truth be told, my travelling days in seeing the Stones are probably behind me and not by choice. Life is filled with choices, the $$$$ are already designated for other trips, other vacations, other concert tickets. It appears 2003 was my time for travelling to see concerts (January saw me in the shivering cold seeing the Stones in Pittsburgh, May flowers saw me in Barcelona Spain catching a kick ass show by the Boss, and somehow I found myself wandering around Amsterdam in August where I caught the Stones only once in a planned back to backer). Had a blast and would love to do it again but it just doesn't appear to be in the cards (as in credit card).

My sister-in-law lives in London so there's always the possibility of a baker's dozen in 2006.

[Edited by time is on my side]
April 28th, 2005 11:22 PM
Gimme Shelter As many as I can
April 29th, 2005 01:51 AM
midnightmagic Amsterdam would be the best. What about the fan club are ya going to join it again???

It got me Aragon seats last time, and I say well worth it.
April 29th, 2005 07:11 PM
littleredrooster Saw 20 during the Licks tour, my total is now 51!
I'm retiring at 55 so that makes 4 more.
MGM ,LA, Phoenix and a wild card club if I can land one!

ROOOSTAH
April 29th, 2005 08:12 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I'm planning to see anywhere between 3 and 5, as money will be the prime factor in determing how many. I will catch any show in my neck of the woods, Charlottesville VA, as rumored, DC, Charlotte/Greensboro NC, Nashville, Columbus, Cleveland or Atlanta. These are all well within driving distance for me since I live in Virginia, but I would really like to do at least on city where we have to catch a flight and go some place that we've never seen a show, like Chicago, Boston, Miami, Dallas, or even a west coast show like San Fran. We'll take our 14 year to a stadium show close by and the wife and I will try to get away to catch several more. If this really is the last major tour then that will also determin how many I'll catch. I really wish that I had the time and resources to see as many as possible, but when we have work obligations, bills and kids, this puts a general cap on how many we'll be able to see. If I would cone into some major cash with the work I do, or better yet hit the lottery, I would probably do as many as 20, but I doubt that's going to happen. But, anyway, with this possiblly being the last time around, I'm certainly going to make the effort to see as many as I can!
April 30th, 2005 11:15 AM
edithgrove [quote]69 Chevy wrote:
As many as I can afford! One! Two if I hit the lottery.
[ /quote]I've been saving since early last year when the rumours starting floating. Hopefully they'll come to New Orleans so I can afford to travel to one more and make it twice this time.
April 30th, 2005 01:21 PM
Phog I'm planning on 3-5 for this tour. Hopefully a trilogy in one city and then St. Louis, OKC, KC, or maybe even Omaha.
April 30th, 2005 06:44 PM
Gazza Depends entirely on the size of the shows and the prices.

Almost certainly, several less than the last tour (13). The only European stadium show I'd DEFINITELY want to go to is Wembley. If the Dublin show is at Croke Park as rumoured, I'll probably skip it.

I might do a trip to the US if I can afford it, but only if indoor shows are involved.
April 30th, 2005 09:27 PM
kath amsterdam would be my first choice. but in reality, i'll do upper left coast only....MAYBE vegas......
May 1st, 2005 07:20 AM
marko Better catch as many u can,as it is their last tour.
May 1st, 2005 01:30 PM
kath yeah, that's what i told my husband last three tours......
May 1st, 2005 02:42 PM
thejuf I think that by the time the Stones will do Amsterdam my house will look one big youth hostel,what with all these people wanting to come over...
Kath, pop over and we will paint the town red!!!!
May 1st, 2005 05:12 PM
Madafaka Buenos Aires is wainting for you!

[Edited by Madafaka]
May 1st, 2005 06:23 PM
kath i'd love to go to argentina too.....dammit!! why don't i just win the damn lottery?? that was my master plan......
May 1st, 2005 07:54 PM
Phog Shit, if I won the lottery I'd never miss another Stones show!
May 1st, 2005 08:08 PM
kath exactly. and if i won the BIG lottery, i could have a private party somewhere and hire them to play the oompah music.....

everybody POLKA!!!!!
May 2nd, 2005 01:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
I'm planning on 3-5 for this tour. Hopefully a trilogy in one city and then St. Louis, OKC, KC, or maybe even Omaha.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will EVER go to Kansas City's Kemper Arena again -- not with the brand spanking new , twenty thousand seat , state - of - the - art QWEST CENTER in Omaha , NE ( built specifically for THE ROLLING STONES -- aren't ALL arenas ) and ................. W- W- W- What ?!?! ... Oh !!!!! :

http://www.omahameca.com/arena/default.htm

Phog ................would you like to attend the Omaha Stones' gig with Fiji and meself ?!?!

Developing .........................................

Cass Elliot ! ™

[ Edited by Fiji ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 2nd, 2005 01:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If the Dublin show is at Croke Park as rumoured, I'll probably skip it.

Why This ?!?!
May 2nd, 2005 01:56 PM
69 Chevy
quote:
edithgrove wrote:
[quote]69 Chevy wrote:
[ /quote]I've been saving since early last year when the rumours starting floating. Hopefully they'll come to New Orleans so I can afford to travel to one more and make it twice this time.

The Stones in the Big Easy would be fun! I live in Houston and have caught shows in Dallas, San Antonio, and Philly. Maybe this is the tour I will add NO to the list?
May 2nd, 2005 01:56 PM
69 Chevy
quote:
edithgrove wrote:
[quote]69 Chevy wrote:

The Stones in the Big Easy would be fun! I live in Houston and have caught shows in Dallas, San Antonio, and Philly. Maybe this is the tour I will add NO to the list?
May 2nd, 2005 06:14 PM
Phog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Phog ................would you like to attend the Omaha Stones' gig with Fiji and meself ?!?!

Developing .........................................

[ Edited by Fiji ]
[Edited by Joey]

Brother Joey, count me in!! You know, I bumped into Feej about 3 weeks ago in a record store. He had the vinyl of "Sucking In The Seventies" under his arm and he looks to have dropped some weight. Methinks he'll be back to Rocks Off one day.
May 3rd, 2005 11:09 AM
Irresistible-Lady I hope to see 1 or 2,and maybe 3 shows..i hope it's not so expansive..
May 3rd, 2005 11:20 AM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:

Brother Joey, count me in!! You know, I bumped into Feej about 3 weeks ago in a record store. He had the vinyl of "Sucking In The Seventies" under his arm and he looks to have dropped some weight. Methinks he'll be back to Rocks Off one day.

I miss our Fiji ............... He must be crushed to learn that so many great acts are bypassing Kansas City for the Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , State - of - the - Art QWEST CENTER ARENA ( ...built specifically for the ROLLING STONES )

I really really do believe in me heart that ...... W- W- W- What ?!?! .....Oh , sure ! :

" I'm very sorry Sir ........ our Lil' Fiji has had that EXACT same smile on his face ever since we brought him back from the Neverland Ranch last summer . "

{ CA - RACK }

" Off the Facade Ronnie ! "

Spritz ! ™

[ Edited by Jacko ]
[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour